RSVP Med Cruise 2012

MDDCFlyer

Hey 818, are you in Los Angeles? I am. I've booked as well but I am still sorting out the airfare or award miles to get there. I've gone through AMEX travel and the rates for business class on BA transfering through LHR are high. Like you, I do not fly economy :) I'm sucking up award miles on Delta so it's likely I will go via ATL in Business Elite.

Are you saying you are going as a single but not "single"? Just curious as I understand it's mostly couples on this cruise. I am single, single.

I am in LA, SF Valley. I'm not single, but traveling solo. Booked the cruise a while ago prior to meeting my current. He may join if work allows and he, like you, can find reasonable front cabin fares, since he doesnt fly BC (behind the curtain) either (rough being a princess)....

Did anyone get cruise documents yet? I've also booked the Seville trip so I hope a few more join up and we can all go. By the way, will there be a white party? I have to start planning the costumes.... ;)

There is no White Party - that is Atlantis thing, not RSVP.

Hey all! We're still looking for at least 4 more cruisers who want to do a smaller group tour (10 people ish) from Cadiz to Seville on Jul 2. We've got 6 signed up already. Cost is 79 Euro pp (approx $98)....cheaper than HAL offerings and more intimate. If you want to join us, contact www.SpainDayTours.com and fill out the info to join the Seville excursion from the Nieuw Amsterdam (there is only one). Hope to see some of you there!! Philip

I just heard back from them and now the cost is 89 Euro pp. Interesting.

There is no White Party - that is Atlantis thing, not RSVP.

Bummer, I have an outfit I bought on my last Med cruise (Atlantis) and only wore it once, was hoping to wear it again. OK I guess I have to find a Toga :D

Bummer, I have an outfit I bought on my last Med cruise (Atlantis) and only wore it once, was hoping to wear it again. OK I guess I have to find a Toga :D

RSVP has the rotating color themed party - last year it was Orange, the Feb cruise it was Green and now it is Blue.

Might be because they don't think they will get 10 people. I'm still in at 89 Euro, I hope we get enough people....

It was quoted as 89 Euro for party of 10 or more (but include entrance to the Alcazar). I sent them an e-mail back; I'll let you know what they say.

Might be because they don't think they will get 10 people. I'm still in at 89 Euro, I hope we get enough people....

I haven't really looked at the details/info yet, but my partner and I might consider this as an option. Need to do more port research in general to see what the options and attractions are.

Thanks 818, I'm confirmed on Delta Business Elite via ATL arriving on 6/29 (day of departure). Are you staying in Barcelona a few days after the cruise? How many RSVP cruises have you done? Are you traveling with any other friends from LA?

It was quoted as 89 Euro for party of 10 or more (but include entrance to the Alcazar). I sent them an e-mail back; I'll let you know what they say.

They have confirmed that the price is 79 Euros if there will be 10 people booked (currently 8).

I also confirmed with RSVP about the conflicting port times in Cadiz, which is actually 9AM arrival (and not 8AM).

Thanks 818, I'm confirmed on Delta Business Elite via ATL arriving on 6/29 (day of departure). Are you staying in Barcelona a few days after the cruise? How many RSVP cruises have you done? Are you traveling with any other friends from LA?

First gay cruise for me, done a number of regular ones. I know a few people from LA on board but planned as a solo getaway, always meet new friends on ships. I'm only staying one night before and after, wish I could stay longer but can't leave my business that long. I'll be arriving via United BusinessFirst on 6/28

I hope there are some singles to mix and mingle and make new friends. :)

I'm arriving on 6/29 (day of departure) on Delta Business Elite via Atlanta (1-stop). I might take Luftansa and arrive the day before if the saver award seats clear. I'm staying at the Meridien for a few days after the cruise.

I hope there are some singles to mix and mingle and make new friends. :)

I'm arriving on 6/29 (day of departure) on Delta Business Elite via Atlanta (1-stop). I might take Luftansa and arrive the day before if the saver award seats clear. I'm staying at the Meridien for a few days after the cruise.

My final leg is united 8719 which is a United code share with Lufthansa from Frankfurt arriving at 3:15pm. Surprisingly there's been little chatter FlyerTalk about this cruise.

I'm staying at Melia (sp?) the RSVP suggested hotel, though it was cheaper on hotels.com and you get the rewards points. Figured there'd be other cruisers there to hang with.

I agree, not a lot of chit chat on this board :)

What excursions on you booking? I just got the schedule and I've heard the Morocco excursions will book fast. I'm probably going to book three, including a wine tasting tour in Ibiza (check it out).

I'd like to go Luftansa and arrive a day earlier but not award seats are available yet. We will see what pans out over the next few weeks. Either way, I'm all set on Delta with great seats and a great connection in Business Elite :)

Did you get your cabin assignment? I'm on the Upper Veranda deck.

I was just on the site and I don't see any excursions other than Barcelona. Did you look under our specific cruise (using the booking number) or the general one. When I put in my booking number only Barcelona tours showed up.

What excursions on you booking? I just got the schedule and I've heard the Morocco excursions will book fast.

I agree, not a lot of chit chat on this board :)

What excursions on you booking? I just got the schedule and I've heard the Morocco excursions will book fast. I'm probably going to book three, including a wine tasting tour in Ibiza (check it out).

Did you get your cabin assignment? I'm on the Upper Veranda deck.

I don't think excursions are available for booking until the 5th or 6th... can't recall what the site said. You can view the available ones on the HAL site but not book. Nothing was jumping out at me in particular. i'm always down for wine though :)

I'm on Upper Promenade... thought about calling to see about an upgrade, but this is already costing enough as it stands.

Booking for the excursions begin on Wed., 6/6. The wine tour is in Ibiza (Sa Corva Winery) it's hosted on the HAL site as a "charter tour" for RSVP :) I'm thinking Morocco will book up fast so I am going to book it this week once reservations open.

As far as the cabin, I'm actually in the Lower Promenade not Upper as thought. I do prefer the inside rooms as they are fine for one person and more quieter.

Also, I noticed some Luftansa award travel starting to open. Keeping my fingers crossed, I hope something opens so I can leave a day earlier and save some miles.

Booking for the excursions begin on Wed., 6/6. The wine tour is in Ibiza (Sa Corva Winery) it's hosted on the HAL site as a "charter tour" for RSVP :) I'm thinking Morocco will book up fast so I am going to book it this week once reservations open.

As far as the cabin, I'm actually in the Lower Promenade not Upper as thought. I do prefer the inside rooms as they are fine for one person and more quieter.

Also, I noticed some Luftansa award travel starting to open. Keeping my fingers crossed, I hope something opens so I can leave a day earlier and save some miles.

Hit me up with an email, maybe we can meet inLA before.. Same name at gmail. I'm in a verandah room, first time in a non suite on a cruise. This will be interesting.

It will be a good experience for you...sleeping with the common people like me in an inside cabin :)

Are you going to book any excursions? What about United? The merger has been a nightmare and you are brave doing two connections in the USA :rolleyes:

Looked through the excusrions today, booked a couple but not sure what all would be good. I dont like being stuck on a bus and don't have a group to share the cost of a private car.

United merger hasn't been too rough on me other than the loss of some elite status benefits. Luckily only one US connection then Franfurt which is a pretty easy airport.... Can't wait!!!

Hey all! We're still looking for at least 4 more cruisers who want to do a smaller group tour (10 people ish) from Cadiz to Seville on Jul 2. We've got 6 signed up already. Cost is 79 Euro pp (approx $98)....cheaper than HAL offerings and more intimate. If you want to join us, contact www.SpainDayTours.com and fill out the info to join the Seville excursion from the Nieuw Amsterdam (there is only one). Hope to see some of you there!! Philip

I've filled out the info to join the tour. I'm travelling solo and this will be my first RSVP cruise. I have been on one Atlantis cruise in the past. It's hard to decide on what shore excurisions to take.

I've filled out the info to join the tour. I'm travelling solo and this will be my first RSVP cruise. I have been on one Atlantis cruise in the past. It's hard to decide on what shore excurisions to take.

I got a notice from RSVP that they will be adding a Marrakesh tour next week.

I work with several Europeans and someone who grew up in Morocco. They basically said there is nothing in Casablanca, and to go to Marrakesh.

I got a notice from RSVP that they will be adding a Marrakesh tour next week.

I work with several Europeans and someone who grew up in Morocco. They basically said there is nothing in Casablanca, and to go to Marrakesh.

Thanks for the advice. The only thing I don't like about the Marrakesh tour is the estimated 4 hour ride each way.

Thanks for the advice. The only thing I don't like about the Marrakesh tour is the estimated 4 hour ride each way.

We chose to do Rabat because of that reason. 4 hours each way on a bus in the same day is not really what I call vacation. Even if there is wonders to see at the end - there is only 4 hours left (and of course the obligatory unwanted shopping stop) to see it all. I'd rather just go there for couple of days than to endure it on a short stop as a shore excursion.

Archived