RSVP Med Cruise 2012

MDDCFlyer

I don't know if it's the full list of what will be available, but there are excursions now showing up on the Holland America site for our ports of call titled "RSVP Charter...."

Can't book them yet, not having our HAL reference/booking codes (I think we get those from RSVP in a couple of weeks when they go live for registering for excursions, etc.), but descriptions are there.

What is the link? I can only find the generic tours not ones specific to our cruise (and thus the times are wacky, like a 2 day tour when we are only in port 12 hours)

I don't know if it's the full list of what will be available, but there are excursions now showing up on the Holland America site for our ports of call titled "RSVP Charter...."

Can't book them yet, not having our HAL reference/booking codes (I think we get those from RSVP in a couple of weeks when they go live for registering for excursions, etc.), but descriptions are there.

On the Shore Excursion page of Holland America, special RSVP designated excursions for the ports of:

1. Casablanca

2. Cadiz

3. Valencia

4. Ibiza

are listed. You have to designate "Europe" and each port individually.

The shore excursions are in alpha order so you have to scroll

down to "R."

There is no way to download a brochure like there is on the Celebrity website.

OK, got it. Very tricky LOL. So I looked first at Casablanca because I heard that other than having a drink at Rick's for the movie's sake there is nothing there. I was also told that Fez or Marrakech are the two "must" see places. I know they are 3 hours away, but I am very sad to see that there is no excursion there!

The Cadiz tours are also rather light so I definitely want to sign up with you guys for the private tour!

Now Valencia has more interesting activities but I would rather do the tour with this same tour company. Anyone else up for it?

In any event you can count my partner and me in on the Cadiz tour. How are we going to coordinate this?

That might be an indication that the booking codes are available. I was going to give it another couple of weeks but might just call HAL and see if they already got them.

P.S. sorry you have missed the launch party

For anyone wanting to sign up for the smaller group tour to Seville, just go to http://www.SpainDayTours.com and follow link to "Cadiz to Seville" private tour....fill out the info and they will keep track of our group. There is only one group for this cruise so they said will know that we're all together. We need 10-18 people total for the trip to be authorized at the 79 Euro rate...sounds like we may have 6 already...just need 4 more!!

For anyone wanting to sign up for the smaller group tour to Seville, just go to http://www.SpainDayTours.com and follow link to "Cadiz to Seville" private tour....fill out the info and they will keep track of our group. There is only one group for this cruise so they said will know that we're all together. We need 10-18 people total for the trip to be authorized at the 79 Euro rate...sounds like we may have 6 already...just need 4 more!!

What time does the tour depart? I'm traveling solo, will that throw off the numbers?

That might be an indication that the booking codes are available. I was going to give it another couple of weeks but might just call HAL and see if they already got them.

HAL reservation numbers are already available. Just got mine from HAL. On-line checking is not available yet though. But never to early to start working on the share holder credits - it always take some time with HAL.

Does anyone know if there is an area on the sundeck that is assigned for nude sunbathing, or is it 'swimming trunks required at all times' ????

The top most front deck above the Crow's Nest should be clothing optional. No nudity in and around the pools. ( There are showers on the c/o deck for cooling/rinsing off.

I signed up for 2 people (my partner and I)

The top most front deck above the Crow's Nest should be clothing optional. No nudity in and around the pools. ( There are showers on the c/o deck for cooling/rinsing off.

Thanks Peter, I had a feeling that there would be some area set aside - I guessed that swimwear would be required on the main decks/by pools etc. Not long now eh?

Thanks Peter, I had a feeling that there would be some area set aside - I guessed that swimwear would be required on the main decks/by pools etc. Not long now eh?

Unfortunately I will not be on the cruise :( We have a big system upgrade at work the end of June so no vacation. But I am a RSVP fan so always follow the roll calls.

I usually arrange a meet-and-greet on the ship in coordination with RSVP but since I am not on this cruise someone else could arrange it (if there is a desire for it). I can definitely help out with advice. It is a nice way to meet the people one has gotten to know on these boards.

It works out well that the first day is a sea day so a meeting can be arranged that day; late morning or mid-day usually works out well. If RSVP has an idea of how many might be attending they can arrange a location and time that does not conflict (too much) with the day's events. It would most likely be in one of the bars and it varies from ship to ship how much HAL will contribute (refreshments and attendance by some staff).

Arranging it does not take much effort: coordinating with Andy at RSVP and bringing some name tags and a pen. (The Caribbean M&Gs can be bigger groups and I usually print name tags beforehand)

So, let me know if anyone wants to do this.

• 2 weeks later...

Contemplating booking tomorrow...no updates from RSVP on entertainment or activities...seems very quiet on Facebook. Is anyone really going on this cruise? I'd love to go but I'm buying the 100% single supplement and it's a big investment for me.

Any insight to the loads on the ships or activities planned would be most appreciated.

Does RSVP offer Business/First Class air options rather than coach? This cruise is in high season right before the Olympics in London. It's been very difficult to get flights in Business/First class on Delta or Air Canada.

Contemplating booking tomorrow...no updates from RSVP on entertainment or activities...seems very quiet on Facebook. Is anyone really going on this cruise? I'd love to go but I'm buying the 100% single supplement and it's a big investment for me.

Any insight to the loads on the ships or activities planned would be most appreciated.

Does RSVP offer Business/First Class air options rather than coach? This cruise is in high season right before the Olympics in London. It's been very difficult to get flights in Business/First class on Delta or Air Canada.

From the flurry of discounts and deals it seems that the cruise does not sell well. That said, I am pretty sure that the ship will be around 80% capacity when it is all said and done - which is just perfect for me. Just enough extra space around without feeling empty (that would be 1500+ people).

You just missed the half price sell by a couple of days - I would give them a ring and see what they can do. They are probably very flexible at this point.

What is the half price sell? I thought it was you had to buy one cabin then get another space at 50%?

It was for formally booked passengers who could buy the other cabin in 50% off. But .... you know how it is ... calling and asking about it never hurts.

I booked and paid the single supplement, which blows. Seems like a good itinerary so i sucked it up and paid. Not single, but under 40.

My friend found rt biz class through American express travel yesterday from LAX for $2900 on AA and BA with one stop at LHR. I was able to snag biz/first class on UA for just under $2000 (a steal, but with two stops, ugh) but it's now $3600-4000. Air Canada had some codes shares with lufthansa in the $2900 range from memory.. Seems to change daily. I stick with star alliance due to elite status but have seen deals come and go on virgin as well. (I'm a bit of a flight nerd who hates economy and is a bit OCD)

Hey all! We're still looking for at least 4 more cruisers who want to do a smaller group tour (10 people ish) from Cadiz to Seville on Jul 2. We've got 6 signed up already. Cost is 79 Euro pp (approx $98)....cheaper than HAL offerings and more intimate. If you want to join us, contact http://www.SpainDayTours.com and fill out the info to join the Seville excursion from the Nieuw Amsterdam (there is only one). Hope to see some of you there!! Philip

Hey all! We're still looking for at least 4 more cruisers who want to do a smaller group tour (10 people ish) from Cadiz to Seville on Jul 2. We've got 6 signed up already. Cost is 79 Euro pp (approx $98)....cheaper than HAL offerings and more intimate. If you want to join us, contact www.SpainDayTours.com and fill out the info to join the Seville excursion from the Nieuw Amsterdam (there is only one). Hope to see some of you there!! Philip

We are looking into it - there is a good chance we will join you.

Did anyone get cruise documents yet? I've also booked the Seville trip so I hope a few more join up and we can all go. By the way, will there be a white party? I have to start planning the costumes.... ;)

Hey 818, are you in Los Angeles? I am. I've booked as well but I am still sorting out the airfare or award miles to get there. I've gone through AMEX travel and the rates for business class on BA transfering through LHR are high. Like you, I do not fly economy :) I'm sucking up award miles on Delta so it's likely I will go via ATL in Business Elite.

Are you saying you are going as a single but not "single"? Just curious as I understand it's mostly couples on this cruise. I am single, single.

Archived