Epic Studio with 2

sueb

Thinking of options in traveling with a firiend. The Studio description describes 2 beds, but...and this is a big but..the cabin pics do not look like the studio is wide enough to even separate them a few inches. Can anyone comment on this from experience? The actual size of the cabin isn't really an issue.

Thanks!

I always thought the studios were for solo travelers. I see now that they allow you to book two people in these cabins. I hope it is a really close friend you plan on taking...there's no room to move around in those 100 sq. ft. cabins.

With the price of most studios costing more than a regular inside cabin, there's no way I would book such a small room if I planned on bringing someone with me.

Is there something specific you want with the studio? I ask because when I looked at this, the studio was more expensive than other inside cabins. It is a good deal if you are traveling solo, but I don't think I'd want to be in the studio with anyone else.

Maybe I miss interpreted the info I read...They may have been referring to the fact that the two connecting rooms had a total of 2 beds. Traveling with a group of young 20's and they are looking to be together...thought maybe the extra bathroom would be nice. Pretty sure that sharing a bed would not!

Now I am confused. I checked the description for studio cabins and this is how it reads:

Studio Epic Exclusive

Cool and hip, right down to the funky lighting and flat screen TV, this completely new exclusive key card access-only category is unlike anything you have ever experienced before. These staterooms have two lower beds with a maximum capacity of two and a window view to the corridor. Studio guests have private key card access to The Living Room, which is a shared private lounge that boasts a bar, two large TV screens and comfy seating for hanging out, reading a book or just enjoying a drink before dinner.

Interesting to say the least....

The studios were initially set up for "hip couples" when they didnt sell, they decided to market them as solo cabins. Any two people would have to share the bed. Like someone said, it would be cheaper to book 2 in a reg inside.

The perk for singles is that there is no single supplement.

Now I am confused. I checked the description for studio cabins and this is how it reads:

Studio Epic Exclusive

Cool and hip, right down to the funky lighting and flat screen TV, this completely new exclusive key card access-only category is unlike anything you have ever experienced before. These staterooms have two lower beds with a maximum capacity of two and a window view to the corridor. Studio guests have private key card access to The Living Room, which is a shared private lounge that boasts a bar, two large TV screens and comfy seating for hanging out, reading a book or just enjoying a drink before dinner.

Interesting to say the least....

Interesting indeed. Because on another part of their site, they describe it as a full size bed. http://www.epic.ncl.com/the-experience/accommodations/studios/

I stayed in one of these by myself in April (and booked again for Dec). No way would I want somebody else in the room with me. I didn't notice if it was one large bed or two twins pushed together. You are right, there is no room to separate the two beds if they are two beds. There is very little room between the bed and the closets.

The bed is already together in the rooms. It was 2 pushed together and all the rooms are already like that.

We had 2 adjoining rooms last year (we thought it would be nice to have double everything and they were dirt cheap when we booked).

If you pulled apart the beds, you will be up against the closet areas, desk, and on the other side the wall of course. But, it depends how you want to get out of bed. We always crawled off the end of the bed instead of using the little area between the beds and cabinets. The only time we were in that area was to get in the safe (which is located in the cabinet at the end against the wall).

There is TONS of storage for everything. So many cabinets and nooks and crannies. Then there are storage bins under the beds as well. Plenty of room.

If you want to stay in one of these rooms because of the "wow" factor/lighting and so on...I would book (myself) in a heart beat. I wouldn't have had a problem if we only had 1 room last time. We only booked 2 because it was still going to be the same price.

Just be aware of the shower situation being out in the open and glass. ;)

Here are my pictures I took of our rooms last year:

http://kimbakersphotography.smugmug.com/Vacation/Studio/13875195_hmqFN#1017670196_PgiBy

You can determine for yourself what you think. :)

mitsugirly - great photos, that really helps to understand the whole concept. Thank you!

I H A T E Y O U R B U G :p

I swear every time I click on a link and see it, I think it's on my screen darn it! (Which you don't understand how bad I hate bugs around my screen because I have one of the new Dell touch screens and every time a fly will fly into the house, they head straight for my huge, bright, big screen monitor!! You can only imagine what that does...they will walk and click everything on the screen and create havoc! LOL :D). Your bug creates havoc in my head (since it's not real) :eek: :)

Yep, stayed in one last month. It's two joined together to make a double but there is no room to separate them. If I wanted A cheap cruise as a couple you could sleep 2. But two connecting studios are now much dearer than an inside for two or even a lowest grade balcony with two sharing!

5803220007_ae5556edb0_b.jpg

IMG_0389 by single_cruiser, on Flickr

I have a question about the windows in the Studios. The NCL website states that you can see out of your room, but one cannot look inside the rooms. Is that correct? I have seen a few one-way mirrors and with each one you could look past the mirror to see inside. ??????

I have a question about the windows in the Studios. The NCL website states that you can see out of your room, but one cannot look inside the rooms. Is that correct? I have seen a few one-way mirrors and with each one you could look past the mirror to see inside. ??????

Yep, you can't really see out like a normal window.. Just can see shadows and changes of light in the corridor. And definitely can't see in!

We did an experiment on this and took pictures...

Here is a picture of my husband out in the hallway WITH his face pressed up against the window trying to see in and me inside taking his picture. He couldn't see...maybe just shadows

1017671776_pehYC-M.jpg

And of course with them shut...no one can see anything:

1017671612_hjPyi-M.jpg

Maybe I miss interpreted the info I read...They may have been referring to the fact that the two connecting rooms had a total of 2 beds. Traveling with a group of young 20's and they are looking to be together...thought maybe the extra bathroom would be nice. Pretty sure that sharing a bed would not!

Don't think anyone has mentioned this yet, but you need at least one 21 year old in each room.

Studios are meant for one person. It costs more to book two people in a studio than it costs for 2 people in any other room on the ship, as someone else mentioned. If you and this friend are close I would suggest booking a regular interior room and have the beds split. Much more affordable!

Hi all!

I was in a studio 11 nights in May & took measurements for a friend who uses a scooter. The beds are 2 31" wide put together beds with only 14" of space between them & the cupboards/desk.

I wouldn't want to share one even with DH as it's pretty snug with nowhere to sit.

I liked it well enough for me as I've booked it again for Nov.:D

~ Jo ~ :)

Archived