Carnival Liberty

kelkel2

• 2 weeks later...
If you do a search here in the forums, you will find several, but my favorite has to be the "angry birds" review by April & Larry (StingRaysFan) :D

Awwwww... :) THANKS! :) Angry Bird will be back on the Liberty for a Western Adventure in December and then onto the Victory in May... he can hardly contain the angry and level of pissed off he is! :) lol

Anyone sailed the Liberty lately?

Did you like it? Overall thoughts?

How were the pools and deck chair situations?

What about the food? Does this ship do the really yummy breakfast on the lido?

Oh, 1 more question. Was there guava juice for breakfast on the lido? My favorite from past carnival cruise.

Overall, I loved the Liberty. I too sailed on her last November. Lovely ship, great crew, and very clean. The decor is very appealing and understated, unlike the Valor, for example. (Loved the Valor too!)

On sea days, the pool areas were, of course, quite crowded - but there were plenty of chairs to go around.

I avoided the bacon - a little under cooked for my taste. I did not try the omlette station - but I will next March!

As is the case with anything in life, an experience is what you make it - and we made it fun!

Hope you enjoy the Liberty!

Awwwww... :) THANKS! :) Angry Bird will be back on the Liberty for a Western Adventure in December and then onto the Victory in May... he can hardly contain the angry and level of pissed off he is! :) lol

I'm due on the Liberty again for my birthday week - yay!! :)

I think part of the reason he's an angry bird is that he feels like a third wheel, perhaps he needs another bird as HIS companion? Lol, I found a ton of them on eBay, the whole angry bird family is there!

Good to see you again, happy diving!

1769770183_092910SERchase.jpg.6571eb9098603bf83bbb80a06bd15e32.jpg

Oh, 1 more question. Was there guava juice for breakfast on the lido? My favourite from past carnival cruise.

We just came back from our western cruise off of Liberty a week ago.

yes we liked it overall. Jamie the Cruise Director is amazing and (imo) very good looking. Levi, her Assistant, is nice and compliments her.

The pools are small, but fine. you can swim in them a little, but once they get crowded it is just somewhere to get cooled off. We did not really see that much in regards to chair hogs. At least not until around 9:30am to 10am. I was always out by 9am at the latest and always found a lounge by the pool. Of course it was harder later in the day and this was on sea days.

Skip the lido for breakfast. Go to the silver dining room. Much more relaxed and quiet.

Be careful of the cheese though. My daughter and I both got food poisoning after eating something with cheese in it. I know it was not a stomach bug as I have had food poisoning before and this clearly was. And I know it was the cheese as it happened after the first time I had cheese on board the ship.

I have to go so I will type more later.

We just came back from our western cruise off of Liberty a week ago.

yes we liked it overall. Jamie the Cruise Director is amazing and (imo) very good looking. Levi, her Assistant, is nice and compliments her.

Jaime was the assistant cruise director when I was on the Liberty (June 25, 2011). I congratulate her on being promoted to cruise director!! The cruise director my week was Kirk Benning. I wonder where he is now. I liked both Kirk and Jaime very much.

I'm not trying to spread any rumors, but I thought I read online that Kirk and Jaime are married. If so, then I'm surprised that Carnival seperated them.

Also, on my cruise, there was a woman named Lindsay. I don't know her official title, but I also liked her a lot. Was she still on the Liberty?

Jaime was the assistant cruise director when I was on the Liberty (June 25, 2011). I congratulate her on being promoted to cruise director!! The cruise director my week was Kirk Benning. I wonder where he is now. I liked both Kirk and Jaime very much.

I'm not trying to spread any rumors, but I thought I read online that Kirk and Jaime are married. If so, then I'm surprised that Carnival seperated them.

Also, on my cruise, there was a woman named Lindsay. I don't know her official title, but I also liked her a lot. Was she still on the Liberty?

I had not heard about Jamie. She is a wonderful person and I am sure will make a great cruise director. Good for her.

Oh, 1 more question. Was there guava juice for breakfast on the lido? My favorite from past carnival cruise.

We sailed on the Liberty in March of this year. Overall it was ok. We did an eastern itinerary and enjoyed the stops very much. The ship was clean, service good. The food in the MDR was disappointing. Cold on some nights and simply not up to snuff with other lines and ships we've been on. Fish and chips in the buffet area (towards the back) was good, Mongolian grill excellent. Buffet for breakfast disappointing. Cold bread advertised as toast, wet scrambled eggs - I wasn't pleased I have to be honest. We did breakfast in the MDR to get away from the buffet.

Pool area could be better but that goes in line with complaints I have with all Carnival ships. Its like the pool area is an afterthought. No problems with chair hogs. I think they do breakfast on the Lido but I didn't try it. I know their burgers on the Lido are awesome as they were on the Valor.

I've been on the Liberty twice, in 2008 and 2010. I love this ship! We never had a problem with deck chairs, but we weren't picky as to their location either. We could always walk a short distance to get to the pool.

The food was great! We were just talking about all the lunch options this past weekend. The burrito bar and the deli were our favorites. We would get lunch and take it back to our room to eat on the balcony. Heaven!

It does have an omelet station. It's hit and miss as to whether you'll have to wait a bit because it's so popular.

The CC group we met on our 2008 cruise is planning a Liberty reunion cruise for 2012. We can't wait!

I get such a kick out of those omelet lines. Why do they stand there and stand there waiting for their turn? It's just an omelet!! (not a steak).

Lindsay is from Ottawa (good ole' good looking Canadian woman) and yes she was on Liberty for our cruise.

I asked Jamie if she was dating anyone and she never mentioned she was married.

To add a bit more to my post.....The food in the MDR was great. No complaints. Quality food and ignore those who say it is not that great. The fish and chips is fine, but not spectacular as many have said (imo).

We have a restaurant here where we live called the Mongolian Grill and while the MG on board Liberty is very good, it does not compare to the land based restaurant.

I ordered a sugar free cake from BV and it tasted great. In fact all the sugar free (diet) deserts were fantastic.

And just to emphasize again. Skip the Lido for breakfast on sea days and go to the silver dining room. No waiting in lines. Food comes fast. More relaxed setting and you can meet other people if so choose to. More options and healthier options too (love turkey bacon). If you want more than what they give you, then just ask.

Archived