Westerdam - SB Deluxe Verandah - How is Alaska?

AttorneyVin

Why hello all,

I just booked my second HA Cruise -- our first was in March in an SA Deluxe Verandah Suite on Eurodam. Now we booked an SB on the Westerdam for Sept 2012 ... SB Cabin # 6097.

Any info on this cabin?

Tell me more about Westerdam Alaska.

Also, we booked my parents and the in-laws in two VB rooms on Deck 6. How are those cabins?

Pardon my stupidity, but this is only my second cruise ...

Why hello all,

I just booked my second HA Cruise -- our first was in March in an SA Deluxe Verandah Suite on Eurodam. Now we booked an SB on the Westerdam for Sept 2012 ... SB Cabin # 6097.

Any info on this cabin?

Tell me more about Westerdam Alaska.

Also, we booked my parents and the in-laws in two VB rooms on Deck 6. How are those cabins?

Pardon my stupidity, but this is only my second cruise ...

You will love the Westerdam:) she is a beautifukl ship. I've been on her twice, once for Alaska May 2009 and once in the Caribbean February 2010.

I have no info other than Stateroom size for SB 6097 which is: 393 sq. ft. (Midship Starboard Side) Keep in mind that the 393 sq ft includes the verandah in it. BUT, the layout of the stateroom will make it seem larger than it actually is:)

Photos of Deck 6 Staterooms (that I have photos of) can be found here: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Westerdam/Deck-6.html

You can see photos from fellow Cruise Critic members of the Westerdam here: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Westerdam/index.html

Joanie

Thanks so much, Joanie!

I truly appreciate the info!

I promise you photos of our SB Cabin for your site, as well as photos of the family's VB rooms!

Thanks!

I'd greatly appreciate it it:) As will, I am sure others looking to book the staterooms:)

Hope what little info I have is able to assist you!

Joanie

You will love the Westerdam. We have stayed in SB/7088 twice to Alaska, it has a bigger balconey. Also SB/7151 is another nice cabin with a wraparound balconey.

Have fun on your cruise and come back and tell us how you liked the Westerdam:)

Joanie- sure on the square footage? SA, SB and SC are supposed to be 500+ square foot. Its the SZ, SY and SS that are 350+ square foot. We have stayed in the Deck 6 SBs on Westerdam, and they aren't that small, I don't believe.

One of our CC members had requested the size info from HAL. A Housekeeping Supervisor on the ship gave those dimensions to be passed along, so yes, those are the correct sizes of the staterooms:)

Joanie

You will love the Westerdam:) she is a beautifukl ship. I've been on her twice, once for Alaska May 2009 and once in the Caribbean February 2010.

I have no info other than Stateroom size for SB 6097 which is: 393 sq. ft. (Midship Starboard Side) Keep in mind that the 393 sq ft includes the verandah in it. BUT, the layout of the stateroom will make it seem larger than it actually is:)

Photos of Deck 6 Staterooms (that I have photos of) can be found here: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Westerdam/Deck-6.html

Joanie

Joanie- sure on the square footage? SA, SB and SC are supposed to be 500+ square foot. Its the SZ, SY and SS that are 350+ square foot. We have stayed in the Deck 6 SBs on Westerdam, and they aren't that small, I don't believe.
Joanie ... I think you meant to say the measurements do NOT include the balconies. I saved this Joanie posting from last year (#2 in the thread) because it had the suite measurements and it says the measurements do NOT include the balconies.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=25100730&posted=1#post25100730

Same 393 square feet for 6097.

Having stayed in two SCs and having measured one of them, I'm pretty sure your original posting was correct ... in that the measurements DO NOT include the balconies.:)

Cheers!

Archived