Toronto to San Juan Flights - WestJet

soulsistah007

Just checked this out but it doesn't work for us for our January cruise with there only being one flight on Saturday and Sunday. :( I love the idea of a direct flight to San Juan! Looks like we'll have to head over the border ;)

• 3 months later...

Hi,

Has anyone tried this yet? We are thinking of using WestJet for a cruise late November, we would land around 2:30-3:00 for an 8:30 cruise departure. I think that 6 hours in-between should give us enough of a buffer - any comments?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Has anyone tried this yet? We are thinking of using WestJet for a cruise late November, we would land around 2:30-3:00 for an 8:30 cruise departure. I think that 6 hours in-between should give us enough of a buffer - any comments?

Thanks in advance!

To me, I think that's just a bit too close for comfort.:eek: We always fly in at least the day before. We're on Serenade leaving San Juan at 8:30 pm this coming January, but we're arriving in San Juan the day before.

Do you have a backup plan if your flight is delayed due to weather or mechanical problems? I don't think West Jet have too many flights going to San Juan each day. You may be ok but I'd be totally stressed out worrying whether we'd make it or not. ;)

That's why we're hesitating. We can't leave the day before because of work reasons - we're looking into other cruises leaving on the Sunday from Florida instead, except that the itinerary for the Serenade is much more interesting!

Not sure what cruise line you're looking at but RCI Adventure of the Seas does the Southern itinerary leaving San Juan on a Sunday. It's a great ship with great ports too. We did this a few years ago and were debating on whether to do the same again but decided on Serenade for our upcoming cruise.

Also Carnival's Victory does a 7 day Southern route leaving on a Sunday from San Juan also. You could fly in on a Saturday and enjoy a day in San Juan pre-cruise.

I agree to get the great Southern itinerary you really need to sail from San Juan.

If you decide to take a chance with the WestJet flight for Serenade, just make sure you've got travel insurance to cover any delays and missing the ship by arriving too late in San Juan. At least the insurance would cover flying you to the next port to meet up with the ship. :) On the other hand, you might make it but it's just too close for me.. I'd be stressing out before hand wondering and worrying. :confused:

Good luck deciding... we love the Southern itinerary! :D

Thank you so much for the 2 suggestions, I don't know how we missed those. I guess we were looking at Florida departures and somehow found the Serenade itinerary and didn't think of looking for other San Juan departures. We still like the Serenade itinerary better, but instead of risking it and leaving on a Saturday cruise, we'll go with either the Adventure or the Victory - we're going through the port descriptions to see which we like best. We did some of the islands already, but it's better than missing the boat completely!

Thank you so much for the 2 suggestions, I don't know how we missed those. I guess we were looking at Florida departures and somehow found the Serenade itinerary and didn't think of looking for other San Juan departures. We still like the Serenade itinerary better, but instead of risking it and leaving on a Saturday cruise, we'll go with either the Adventure or the Victory - we're going through the port descriptions to see which we like best. We did some of the islands already, but it's better than missing the boat completely!

When we sailed Adventure, we loved Aruba and Curacao! I think that's the reason we thought we might like to sail Adventure again this January but decided to go with Serenade since there were a few ports we hadn't been to like St. Croix and Antigua.

We also enjoyed Victory from San Juan and fell in love with Barbados :) I notice they don't sail to Dominica now, but it was a port of call when we were on Victory. Hope you find something suitable, and enjoy your cruise! :D

That's why we're hesitating. We can't leave the day before because of work reasons - we're looking into other cruises leaving on the Sunday from Florida instead, except that the itinerary for the Serenade is much more interesting!

I would never take a flight that arrives 6 hours before the ship departs when the airline in question only has one flight a day. Just way too many risks involved.

This is great news. Can't remember how long it's been since I last did a direct flight to SJ from Toronto. Maybe back in the Ward Air era!! I will definitely be booking with WestJet.

:eek: Oh.. thanks for the memories! haha I'd totally forgot about Wardair, even though we've flown with them. We're really aging ourselves! :D

This is great news. Can't remember how long it's been since I last did a direct flight to SJ from Toronto. Maybe back in the Ward Air era!! I will definitely be booking with WestJet.

There are three airlines operating the route non-stop

Air Canada, Westjet and Sunwing.

And, Direct Air offer a flight from Niagara Falls; along with the other options from BUF

Archived