Dilemma!

TheSailinSOB

Our group is sailing on the Legend on Oct 30th - you could change ships if you want to have a good time partying.

OHHHH I love the Legend! :)

We range in age, I will be 36 just before we go, my friend is 46 and what makes this hard is it's her daughter that I am talking about and her daughter in-law. I have sailed with her daughter in-law and she is fun. Her actual daughter is who I am talking about which is why it's so hard. She also suffers from various depression issues which is why she caters to her. Hard I say!

I love to cruise and want to have fun. Im just worried I will get fed up and say something.

Deb I will come with you LOL

Thanks for all the great input. I have a blast when its just my friend, we are exactly the same and thats why I was so exited at first to go.

Does your friend know how you feel? If she is a good friend, you should be honest with her. The trip was supposed to be the 2 of you. It's very rude for her DD and DIL to hone in on your trip. I'd tell her that while you understand she has family, that doesn't mean they need to go on this cruise. And if her DD and DIL are going, then you will need to graciously back out and go with another friend. Life is too short.

I say Lie your butt off and make up every excuse why she would back out herself. Tell her you heard the waters on this particular cruise are especially choppy and you yourself are worried about getting sick. Say you heard it's during spring break and you know of a huge college crowd that booked this particular cruise and it will be especially full of rowdy drinkers and you can't wait to go to join in the fun with them;) Tell her your travel agent or even carnival themselves called you and let you know your room is allowed to have 4 persons after all (oopsie mistake :)) and if she still wants to go she'll have to book her own room since your only holds 3 ;) Or you and the other could always tell her plans fell through and you have to cancel she'll cancel because she wont want to go by herself and then you all just keep it for really say make it so awkward to the point SHE backs out!! Has she already paid to stay in the cabin?

Your best friend's DD and DIL!

And the DD is the problem!!

This has turned into their family trip.....and what mother wouldn't put her DD first.

As you said in the original post....you could go with your family and have fun.

You don't need excuses....just that you changed your mind.

OR.....tell your friend that you understand how this is "a family cruise" for them, and you don't want to intrude on their privacy.....so you'll be spending some time with other people (but tell her now)

Archived