Carnival Cruise Lines to Pay $800,000 to Injured Employee

I cannot imagine.

Whose decision was it to deny the man leave after his doctor said that he needed immediate surgery, I wonder?

It sounds like they think that they own people.

I hope $800,000 goes a long way in Poland.

The article ends with a full paragraph advertisement for the personal injury law firm that represented the employee, something a traditional news source would never do. I personally think it's accurate only in reporting that the arbitration happened and the award amount but question the veracity of the remainder of the article. It's my belief it's a press release by the law firm that paints their client in in the most favorable picture it can. Carnival may be in the wrong, but I would have at least wanted to hear their side. A true news service would have provided that information from the transcripts of the arbitration.

The article ends with a full paragraph advertisement for the personal injury law firm that represented the employee, something a traditional news source would never do. I personally think it's accurate only in reporting that the arbitration happened and the award amount but question the veracity of the remainder of the article. It's my belief it's a press release by the law firm that paints their client in in the most favorable picture it can. Carnival may be in the wrong, but I would have at least wanted to hear their side. A true news service would have provided that information from the transcripts of the arbitration.

Personally, I think surgery in San Diego is much better than surgery in Mexico.

While the delay "may" have caused this damage....the delay may have also prevented him from more serious damage from a Mexican surgeon.

Where Carnival went wrong (if this is indeed true...and since it is an advertisement for an ambulance chaser....who knows) is having someone lift 100 pounds unassisted.

Thats just the way it usually works in arbitration, the law firm of the winning side issues a press release. The losing side has no reason to issue or respond, they want the entire case to be a distance memory.

Ouch!..that gotta be a loss of alot of profit for carnival. The article mentioned that he had no moving equipment, but he should of been responsible for himself by using a back brace or whatever they might have..

The Imagination did not sail the Mexican Riviera at that time nor did it port in San Diego. The Elation and Spirit were in San Diego doing the Cabo runs.

From article

The lawsuit claimed that on or about June 26, 2008, the plaintiff was transferred to a different Carnival ship that would eventually end up in San Diego, California

Archived