Advice needed

We are a family of 5 (kids ages 3, 3 and 7). We are looking at Thanksgiving 2012 on the LOS. Question is this...is the grand suite worth the extra price? We can book an OV for less (a little less space but not much) or the GS with a roll away. Kids won't use the rollaway so we either have them remove it or never ask for it. Just wondering if the perks are worth the extra money?? I am not comfortable with booking connecting balconies yet due to the kids ages..I was told you get free use of the lounge BUT they don't have that on the freedom class so do you get to use the diamond+ lounge? We wouldn't "hang" out in there with the kids but would enjoy the open bar while they are in child care..also is the open bar included or extra?? Guess I just need first hand knowledge of what you get EXACTLY on the freedom class..thanks everyone.

We are a family of 5 (kids ages 3, 3 and 7). We are looking at Thanksgiving 2012 on the LOS. Question is this...is the grand suite worth the extra price? We can book an OV for less (a little less space but not much) or the GS with a roll away. Kids won't use the rollaway so we either have them remove it or never ask for it. Just wondering if the perks are worth the extra money?? I am not comfortable with booking connecting balconies yet due to the kids ages..I was told you get free use of the lounge BUT they don't have that on the freedom class so do you get to use the diamond+ lounge? We wouldn't "hang" out in there with the kids but would enjoy the open bar while they are in child care..also is the open bar included or extra?? Guess I just need first hand knowledge of what you get EXACTLY on the freedom class..thanks everyone.

Exactly how much extra money? An OV has a LOT less space than a GS and no perks. With the GS, you get priority check-in, little goodies delivered to the cabin most days, a nice balcony to relax on, double points and access to the Concierge Lounge where you will be able to borrow DVD's for the kids to watch if you want. True, the kids can't be in there during cocktail hour, but if you are using child care, you will enjoy it for pre-dinner drinks and snacks. Only you can decided if the extra money is worth it (do they even have OV's that hold 5???).

R U kidding? You get the use of the concierge lounge, who needs the Diamond lounge? I'd say the GS for the space and extra ammenities if you can afford it. no question:)

I read on RCC site that the freedom class doesn't have the concierge lounge, am I mistaken?? If it doesn't have it are we allowed to use the diamond lounge? Also what about the open bar I heard about, is it included in fare for the suites or are the drinks extra?? We have only cruised carnival in their Grand Suites (perks not so much but space is good). The price for 5 nights for 5 of us in the Grand Suite on LOS is only 3970.00 and I think that is a great price JMO. Of course I will be looking for price drops and military rates before final payment but being Thanksgiving I doubt I get any :D. Thanks again for your responses.

Exactly how much extra money? An OV has a LOT less space than a GS and no perks. With the GS, you get priority check-in, little goodies delivered to the cabin most days, a nice balcony to relax on, double points and access to the Concierge Lounge where you will be able to borrow DVD's for the kids to watch if you want. True, the kids can't be in there during cocktail hour, but if you are using child care, you will enjoy it for pre-dinner drinks and snacks. Only you can decided if the extra money is worth it (do they even have OV's that hold 5???).

Actually they do, they are the family OV stateroom at 338 square feet. The suite has 387 sq. feet. I only wish this class of ships had the family balcony staterooms :mad:. I am honestly not sure the price difference between the family OV and the GS because once they quoted me the price for the GS I was in shock. Like I said I think this is a good price but again JMO..this is why I wanted to know EVERYTHING about the suite perks on the freedom class..

I´m not sure if we are on the same page here.

An OV is not a little less space than a GS. A GS is about 2.5 times the size of an Ocean View and that´s not counting in the balcony. Another thing to consider with the kids might be the bathroom with double sink and tub/shower combination vs. the rather tiny bathrooms in OV rooms.

Suite passengers will not be allowed in the Diamond Lounge unless they are Diamond or up level in C&A.

But of course the Liberty ot Seas does have a Conierge lounge for suite guests and the open bar is complimentary. It is however no blended drinks.

I read on RCC site that the freedom class doesn't have the concierge lounge, am I mistaken?? If it doesn't have it are we allowed to use the diamond lounge? Also what about the open bar I heard about, is it included in fare for the suites or are the drinks extra?? We have only cruised carnival in their Grand Suites (perks not so much but space is good). The price for 5 nights for 5 of us in the Grand Suite on LOS is only 3970.00 and I think that is a great price JMO. Of course I will be looking for price drops and military rates before final payment but being Thanksgiving I doubt I get any :D. Thanks again for your responses.

I am not sure which page of the RC site you were reading, but you misread if you think that it said that the Freedom class ships do not have a Concierge Lounge.

Access to the CL (when you choose the GS) gets you the services of the concierge, including DVDs for the player in your suite for the amusement of your young children, free drinks every night from 5 to 8:30 P.M., and a place to relax 24/7 away from the hubbub of the ship.

The Diamond Lounge gives you the same amenities, without the DVDs. ;)

I´m not sure if we are on the same page here.

An OV is not a little less space than a GS. A GS is about 2.5 times the size of an Ocean View and that´s not counting in the balcony. Another thing to consider with the kids might be the bathroom with double sink and tub/shower combination vs. the rather tiny bathrooms in OV rooms.

Suite passengers will not be allowed in the Diamond Lounge unless they are Diamond or up level in C&A.

But of course the Liberty ot Seas does have a Conierge lounge for suite guests and the open bar is complimentary. It is however no blended drinks.

He means the family oceanview suite, not a "plain" OV cabin.

I am not sure which page of the RC site you were reading, but you misread if you think that it said that the Freedom class ships do not have a Concierge Lounge.

Access to the CL (when you choose the GS) gets you the services of the concierge, including DVDs for the player in your suite for the amusement of your young children, free drinks every night from 5 to 8:30 P.M., and a place to relax 24/7 away from the hubbub of the ship.

The Diamond Lounge gives you the same amenities, without the DVDs. ;)

This is what got me confused about the concierge Lounge..on the enhanced program list it states:

Concierge Lounge Available on the Enchantment of the Seas® and all Voyager and Radiance-class ships, Concierge Club guests will receive this complimentary service that provides assistance with any special requests they may have while sailing. Then at the bottom is says: Please Note: On Freedom-class ships, Diamond-level and above Crown & Anchor Society members have exclusive access to similar amenities in The Diamond Club.

Thank you for your response though, it made me look at the actual ship plans, which I indeed did find the conciege lounge..thanks again :D

This is what got me confused about the concierge Lounge..on the enhanced program list it states:

Concierge Lounge Available on the Enchantment of the Seas® and all Voyager and Radiance-class ships, Concierge Club guests will receive this complimentary service that provides assistance with any special requests they may have while sailing. Then at the bottom is says: Please Note: On Freedom-class ships, Diamond-level and above Crown & Anchor Society members have exclusive access to similar amenities in The Diamond Club.

Thank you for your response though, it made me look at the actual ship plans, which I indeed did find the conciege lounge..thanks again :D

Wow. Just checked out the web page. That is simply breathtaking in its poor writing.

I keep telling myself to get a job there editing everything that they put out. This is another sterling example. :rolleyes:

I'm glad that you understand now that you will have access to amazing Lounges on the Liberty if you choose to book the GS. (which I would, in your place :))

Wow. Just checked out the web page. That is simply breathtaking in its poor writing.

I keep telling myself to get a job there editing everything that they put out. This is another sterling example. :rolleyes:

I'm glad that you understand now that you will have access to amazing Lounges on the Liberty if you choose to book the GS. (which I would, in your place :))

DH has decided he wants to spend the extra for the GS. We were really wanting the week of Halloween but all the suites on the freedom class were sold out already for 2012:eek:. The price I stated above is for the week of Thanksgiving 2012 and we both decided that would be OK. I understand ships sale as close, if not, capacity and more kids on board will not bother us. DH said, "that's not all bad just means our kids don't have to be as quiet with all the other kids around":D We won't be booking until we get back from our booked cruise this October so here is to hoping at least one GS or Owner suite is available then (DH said he would do either of these).

DH has decided he wants to spend the extra for the GS. We were really wanting the week of Halloween but all the suites on the freedom class were sold out already for 2012:eek:. The price I stated above is for the week of Thanksgiving 2012 and we both decided that would be OK. I understand ships sale as close, if not, capacity and more kids on board will not bother us. DH said, "that's not all bad just means our kids don't have to be as quiet with all the other kids around":D We won't be booking until we get back from our booked cruise this October so here is to hoping at least one GS or Owner suite is available then (DH said he would do either of these).

If you wait until October, I can almost promise you that you will face higher prices. I would book it now, if I were you.

If you wait until October, I can almost promise you that you will face higher prices. I would book it now, if I were you.

WOW I thought a year out we would be good..something I need to talk to DH about then. Thanks for the heads up..

Archived