Hot Chocolate

rnmmom

it comes in a larggggge bag, put into the vassel, and water added upon button pushing...I get a water galss full, as I hate going 2x for the small cup..add vanilla Ice cream for "Frozen Hot Chocolate"".yummmmm-o

I've also seen them fill the big machine, and it's the same brand we could get at home, but it's so much better on a cruise!

On the Fascination in February, the hot chocolate in the MDR wasn't nearly as good as the machine on the lido. I think that's the only time I tried it in the MDR.

it comes in a larggggge bag, put into the vassel, and water added upon button pushing...I get a water galss full, as I hate going 2x for the small cup..add vanilla Ice cream for "Frozen Hot Chocolate"".yummmmm-o

I like the way you think :). I'm going to make me a frozen hot chocolate :cool:

when i was younger i loved a good cup of hot chocolate, but would pay greatly afterwards. I didnt realize i was lactose intolerance until my late teens:rolleyes:. DD12 also has the same problem. Anyone thats lactose have any issues with the hot chocolate? We do fine with the ice cream on carnival so hopefully the chocolate wont hurt our stomach.

I'm loving the idea of hot choclate with the ice cream-yum!!!!

As the posters above have said... Yes, the cocoa is powdered, both at the beverage stations and in the MDR...

But in the MDR, the cocoa is in a smaller cup, but with LOTS of powder... so it's richer.

Mom LOVES cocoa and I add some cream from the pitcher by the coffee to the mix at the beverage stations. It may not be "chocolatier," but it is richer!!!!!

I'm so very glad....that was one of our favorite memories.....do you think that they put melted marshmallows in it? Is that what makes it sooooo good?

Need to smuggle on your marshmallows.;) Kirschwasser and Peppermint Schnapps (not together) are also very good in HC.:D

One cruise the machine broke. The powder wasn't dispensing correctly. After it was fixed the buffet waiters tapped the barrel everytime they passed by.

I now tap the barrel with the empty mug before I get my HC.

I LOVE hot chocolate! We get the nestle powder at work and I put 2 packets then full the cup with hot water :-) yummmm! I didn't know this was on the ship! Its free right? I'm definitely going to try it in MDR and with ice cream on lido deck! Mmmmmm

I add some cream from the pitcher by the coffee to the mix at the beverage stations. It may not be "chocolatier," but it is richer!!!!!

You all have got to try it with cream! As Lk mentioned, it is so rich and creamy. :D

Archived