Cross body bag or waist pack?

Suzque49

I wasn't even planning on bringing a day bag until I saw this thread. The more I read, the more I thought I should look into it. I looked at Lesportsac, but found it overpriced for the quality and design. I also looked at Kipling, but wasn't sold on that either. Then I saw this one. It was 2/3 the price of the Lesportsac bag, but more importantly, it has a lot of features (pockets, tether, card and coin holders, etc.) that eliminate the need for a wallet, etc., which in the end keeps the space free for other things, like sunglasses, maps, etc. I would have liked a better colour selection and maybe 1 or 2 inches more in width, but all in all, I'm pretty satisfied. Will be using it in two weeks on the RCL NOS.

http://www.ebags.com/product/derek-alexander/small-top-zip-bag-with-organizer/136888?productid=1355083

Nice bag, great construction - especially the organization and strap. Enjoy NOS... A beautiful ship!

Hi Lois...on the Kipling bag, can you tell me how long the shoulder strap is. I'm rather large on top and need something with a longer shoulder strap. Thanks

Hi Marge:) I set the strap to the longest length for you;)it is about

26 inches. Not sure how large you are but I am not a little person up

top either. I use it at about the 22-23 inch point and feel very

comfortable. There is room to spare for me.

Hope this helps:)

I wasn't even planning on bringing a day bag until I saw this thread. The more I read, the more I thought I should look into it. I looked at Lesportsac, but found it overpriced for the quality and design. I also looked at Kipling, but wasn't sold on that either. Then I saw this one. It was 2/3 the price of the Lesportsac bag, but more importantly, it has a lot of features (pockets, tether, card and coin holders, etc.) that eliminate the need for a wallet, etc., which in the end keeps the space free for other things, like sunglasses, maps, etc. I would have liked a better colour selection and maybe 1 or 2 inches more in width, but all in all, I'm pretty satisfied. Will be using it in two weeks on the RCL NOS.

http://www.ebags.com/product/derek-alexander/small-top-zip-bag-with-organizer/136888?productid=1355083

For travel purposes I have purchased a very small 'wallet/credit card holder'. It allows me to take one credit card, my debit card, driver's license, and some cash. I have a LOT of stuff :o in my 'real wallet' so this enables me to leave all but what I truly need at home. This means less weight in my purse and also eliminates the opportunity to lose any of it!

Thanks:)...and you are right.....I thought about it when Kathy

mentioned Kipling. I actually ran into the spare bedroom and found

it:D

I remember when you bought that bag...a few cruises back :)

For a wallet when traveling I take a very small ID case, mine is Vera Bradley, here's a link, but I'm sure my color is obsolete now (they only last a year or so) http://www.verabradley.com/product/Category/Wallets-and-Wristlets/Zip-ID-Case/154781/defaultColor/Island+Blooms/pc/638/c/0/sc/890/p/154781.uts

Two things I like about it #1 small enough to fit into a pocket #2 has an ID window so you don't have to pull out your ID all the time. I'll even take it shopping when I want to lighten the load. You can also clip your keys onto it if you wish.

Lots of sale colors! Some of them are an extra 20% off this weekend.

I don't carry much but had found this on Etsy.

il_570xN.287252504.jpg

I didn't want to pay the $115 they wanted, so I crocheted one.

100_8198.JPG

It works for me because I just carry a camera, phone and cash. Plus I can cover it with my shirt if needed.

I take my husband with a little back pack or deep pockets. I call him my "man purse". That way, he carries everything and I can travel light!! Even when we go out for formal night, he carries everything in his suitcoat. I just can't let him get too far away from me when I need a drink. It has been working great for 30 years.

Funny, that's what I call my husband, too! He will carry a small backpack when we are sight seeing that holds his camera, so I just put what I need in it although I always carry my ID in a pocket. I have never liked "fanny packs" and have yet to see a cross body purse that I thought was cute when worn.

Sherri:)

When I'm traveling or out shopping for the day, I'm thinking of function rather than cuteness. I don't want a bag I hate, of course, but I want my hands free, for things like taking pictures or reaching up to grab something off a shelf while shopping.

My Baggallini gets stowed unless we are on a trip, at Disneyland or a big shopping day. On the other hand, my cute purses tend to be leather and weigh quite a lot even empty, they don't get to go on vacation.

Thanks to my SIL and my shopping jones, I have lots of Bagallini bags that she gifts me with on birthdays and at Christmas or I get them at TJ Maxx. I have a variety of color and sizes and I wouldn't travel without them.My SIL sent me a mini one just before I left for my Christmas vacation last year and I wore it the whole trip everywhere I went. It held all my money and credit cards, a small hair pick (which I like better than a comb because I have naturally curly hair), a small lip balm, a small hand sanitzier, a small mirror, an eye pencil, a small notebook and pen. And a small mint tin that I keep some necessary meds in. It was more like a small wallet with a long strap. I love it! It was comfortable enough that I wore it on the plane and didn't have to keep bending down to take my tote bag out from under the seat in front of me on my trip to FL, or get up and take it out of my tote bag in the overhead bin on my trip home. Very comfortable!

I would never wear a "fanny pack", ever. But that's just me.:D

Archived