Norwegian cruise line salutes armed forces with enhanced military progr

youngestof9

from the NCL facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/notes/norwegian-cruise-line/norwegian-salutes-armed-forces-with-enhanced-military-program/10150251775197620

NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE SALUTES ARMED FORCES WITH ENHANCED MILITARY PROGRAM

Program offers special rates for military personnel

Norwegian Cruise Line launched an enhanced military program today offering special rates to members of the U.S. and Canada armed forces. The program features exclusive rates on select Freestyle Cruising vacations, including the line’s newest and most innovative ship Norwegian Epic, along with the only U.S. flagged cruise ship, Pride of America. Current featured destinations include seven-day cruises in the Western Mediterranean, Eastern Caribbean and Hawaii, along with Norwegian Epic’s 13-day transatlantic crossing from Barcelona to Miami on October 23, 2011. Active or retired members of the military can chose from numerous sailings in 2011 or 2012. In addition, new sailings will be added on a regular basis.

“Norwegian Cruise Line salutes our military personnel for their commitment, dedication and service,” said Kevin Sheehan, Norwegian’s chief executive officer. “We want to make sure that when they are ready for some rest and relaxation, we have special pricing available to show our appreciation and to ensure that they get to spend quality time with their families.”

The offer is valid for new reservations starting today on a range of accommodations from inside staterooms to mini-suites, along with the solo-traveler friendly Studio staterooms on Norwegian Epic. To take advantage of Norwegian’s enhanced military program, contact a travel professional, call Norwegian at 888-NCL-CRUISE (625-2784), or visit http://www.ncl.com.

So now that they spoiled me with the suite-life, :rolleyes: the discount is only for minis and below. I appreciate the military discounts I have already received and I'm sure many will benefit from this discount. The way rates are going up I may have to do balconies or minis soon anyway, LOL.:eek:

No,it didn't! I'm so glad they have reinstated it.Looks like they cut out Vets.:(Oh well it was nice while it lasted,but at least the people that really deserve it can get it.

I'm not sure they cut out Vets. Quote: 'Active or retired members of the military can chose from numerous sailings in 2011 or 2012.' That means vets are included, aren't they?

I'm not sure they cut out Vets. Quote: 'Active or retired members of the military can chose from numerous sailings in 2011 or 2012.' That means vets are included, aren't they?

No, it excludes vets and reservists.

I think the way that statement is worded would indicate military who completed 20 years and have a retired military I.D. card and active members currently serving.

A veteran could refer to anyone who served and received a DD214 discharge form. They were eligible before for the discount.

Can anyone find any info on NCL.com yet? I couldn't. I asked on NCL's FB page and the suites will not be included. Didn't think to ask about Reserves/National Guards as we're both retired now.

I believe in the past it was Honorably discharged vets with at least 2 years of service. DH was in the Air Force for 8 years and we qualified for it. Don't think it reads that way anymore.

You read it the same way I do, which now cuts me out....but to be honest, IMO-Active & retired are more deserving than I am EVEN THOUGH IT MAY COST ME A COUPLE HUN MORE PER SAILING. LOL (sometimes I laugh when I should cry ;) )

I do see it's now an 'enhanced' program ;) which does look better than calling it a 'reduced program'

I don't think their booking database is updated yet. I tried to bring up a "pgmil" fare for the Oct 23 TA and it didn't work.

The "PGMIL" code is no longer valid. The current discount can be accessed using the "MILITARY" code.

The program is currently applicable to select cabin categories on the following sailings:

For Norwegian Epic

31 Jul; 14 Aug thru 16 Oct, 2011

7 night Western Mediterranean sailings

23 Oct, 2011 - 13 night Trans-Atlantic sailings

12 Nov; 26 Nov thru 17 Dec; 31 Dec, 2011 thru 11 Feb, 2012

7 night Eastern Caribbean sailings

For Pride of America

30 Jul thru 03 Sep, 2011 - 7 night Hawaii sailings

I think it makes sense to do the enhanced, my nephew did 12 years in Army went to Afganistan and Iraq came home thank God last Feb. These men and women who are active or recently discharged need a vacay. I thank God for our service people and thank all of you for your service

I think it makes sense to do the enhanced, my nephew did 12 years in Army went to Afganistan and Iraq came home thank God last Feb. These men and women who are active or recently discharged need a vacay. I thank God for our service people and thank all of you for your service

Agree. My husband did 12 years in the National Guard, and while I respect his service, those active duty and those who dedicated their entire lives to service deserve a vacay more than most!

The "PGMIL" code is no longer valid. The current discount can be accessed using the "MILITARY" code.

The program is currently applicable to select cabin categories on the following sailings:

For Norwegian Epic

31 Jul; 14 Aug thru 16 Oct, 2011

7 night Western Mediterranean sailings

23 Oct, 2011 - 13 night Trans-Atlantic sailings

12 Nov; 26 Nov thru 17 Dec; 31 Dec, 2011 thru 11 Feb, 2012

7 night Eastern Caribbean sailings

For Pride of America

30 Jul thru 03 Sep, 2011 - 7 night Hawaii sailings

Thanks SeaShark -- without your knowledge we'd all be in the dark. "Nice" of NCL to post the correct promo code.

I believe in the past it was Honorably discharged vets with at least 2 years of service. DH was in the Air Force for 8 years and we qualified for it. Don't think it reads that way anymore.

You are correct-I qualified because of that as well

I called NCL direct today. They said that veteran's are still eligible for the discounts only on Epic and POA at this time. Veteran's would need to show their DD214. Hope that they expand this to other cruises.

Please don't take this wrong, but there have been times when those answering the phones have been incorrect. So I'll hope someone from NCL clarifies here OR the release is reworded. I'd hate to see reports later that people booked a discount and are upset that they were told at the pier "More $ please"

I also agree that I hope it expands to other cruises as well

Archived