Name Changes

Hi all. I've got a question for you. I am organizing a group cruise. Full deposits are due at the end of the month. I have a friend who wants to go but is unsure of who she will bring. If she books and puts down $500 (and possibly gives a friend's name), will she be able to change the name of her guest? I would assume this would be allowed up until final payment, since theoretically she could always cancel and rebook with the correct name. I called RCI and they said you can change one name on the reservation even after final payment. But my TA is saying RCI's policy is that there are no name changes allowed once you are deposited, which doesn't make sense. My TA has given me incorrect information before, and I assume she's wrong here, but I also know that the RCI folks aren't known for their accurate information either. Any ideas?

I think I found the answer-

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Documentos+para+el+viaje+en+crucero&faqId=245&faqSubjectId=329&faqType=faq

Now a more important question- why are the search terms in the web address in spanish? Weird.

"faqSubjectName=Documentos+para+el+viaje+en+crucero"

Hi all. I've got a question for you. I am organizing a group cruise. Full deposits are due at the end of the month. I have a friend who wants to go but is unsure of who she will bring. If she books and puts down $500 (and possibly gives a friend's name), will she be able to change the name of her guest? I would assume this would be allowed up until final payment, since theoretically she could always cancel and rebook with the correct name. I called RCI and they said you can change one name on the reservation even after final payment. But my TA is saying RCI's policy is that there are no name changes allowed once you are deposited, which doesn't make sense. My TA has given me incorrect information before, and I assume she's wrong here, but I also know that the RCI folks aren't known for their accurate information either. Any ideas?

Your travel agent is wrong. You can make a name change w/o any penalty - I've done it

I do this ALL THE TIME.

You can put any name that you like as the second name on the reservation. Change it any time you want. You can keep on changing it. There may be a fee if you wait until very close to sailing, but even then, you can still change the name.

Fire the TA.

:)

I do this ALL THE TIME.

You can put any name that you like as the second name on the reservation. Change it any time you want. You can keep on changing it. There may be a fee if you wait until very close to sailing, but even then, you can still change the name.

Fire the TA.

:)

Ugh, I wish. We went with a local agency, and specifically an agent who is a cruise expert. Turned out she was knowledgable but horrible at communication. So the owner of the agency took over. She is much better at actually responding to emails and following through with things, but doesn't know as much about cruising. We used a TA because it's my wedding cruise and I *thought* it would be easier to have someone take care of all these things...but it's actually causing me way more stress. In hindsight I would have become a TA and handled everything myself. I know way more about cruising than she does.

Ugh, I wish. We went with a local agency, and specifically an agent who is a cruise expert. Turned out she was knowledgable but horrible at communication. So the owner of the agency took over. She is much better at actually responding to emails and following through with things, but doesn't know as much about cruising. We used a TA because it's my wedding cruise and I *thought* it would be easier to have someone take care of all these things...but it's actually causing me way more stress. In hindsight I would have become a TA and handled everything myself. I know way more about cruising than she does.

Congratulations!

And going forward, you'll know to just book it yourself! :)

Congratulations!

And going forward, you'll know to just book it yourself! :)

Thanks! And definitely. I am considering becoming a TA myself to handle our future bookings, especially since I'm always the family vacation planner.

Archived