Booked my first cruise 05/18/2012 to alaska on RCI Radiance...now what

whiteduv65

You research the ports of call to see what would interest you in each port. You make sure you have all your personal documents in order like a birth certificate or passport. If your cruise starts or ends in Canada, and you're a US citizen, you'll need a passport. You can start thinking about what clothes you'll take. Since you're on one of the first cruises of the season, you're going to have think about warmer clothes, rainwear and clothes IF it should be a bit a bit warmer.

booked my first cruise now what do i need to do

Our first cruise is May 23, 2012 northbound Island Princess from Vancouver to Whittier. I went to the library and checked out books on the Ports of Call --there are several--then I went to a used book store for the same and located factual websites. I downloaded this years Alaska excursions offered by our cruise company. I intently read the Alaska port of call board and became familiar with independent excursions that were interesting to me. I now have a good idea of what I would like to do at each P of C and also what to wear --layers layers layers!!

As I'm from a hot dry area of the US I have scoured websites like Sierra Trading for deals on everything from silk first layers to rain pants --awesome sales right now on last seasons stock..

Probably one of the most important things I have done is to create a spreadsheet for all the costs on top of the cruise itself such as flights, on-board tips, excursions, cruise transfers, etc.

On CC I have discovered wonderfully helpful folks who have helped me to learn the ropes and become as informed as I can be. I have also found some sensitive issues with cruisers such as formal night attire and food quality. At first it is all rather overwhelming.

I'm sure there are things I have forgotten :):eek:

Archived