Cozumel-Carnival Pier

hyerpraise

Hello All,

This may or may not be the best place to post this....

I have searched and searched but not really found a concrete answer to my question.

Here it goes: This is probably silly….

Is there a Panchos Backyard at the Pier where Carnival Docks? I know there is one downtown and we were not really planning on going into town.

Thanks,

Mike

Hello All,

This may or may not be the best place to post this....

I have searched and searched but not really found a concrete answer to my question.

Here it goes: This is probably silly….

Is there a Panchos Backyard at the Pier where Carnival Docks? I know there is one downtown and we were not really planning on going into town.

Thanks,

Mike

Nope... Tres Amigos, Fat Tuesdays and Café Punta del Cielo are the three restaurants/bars at Puerta Maya.

:)

I think they've added one there--I just saw it in one of our photos from our day in Cozumel last month. We never left the Carnival port area. The sign on the restaurant behind us in one of our photos taken at the little "beach" area where people sit under the palms and take photos of the ships says "Panchos Backyard." We didn't go there, but it looked nice.

I think they've added one there--I just saw it in one of our photos from our day in Cozumel last month. We never left the Carnival port area. The sign on the restaurant behind us in one of our photos taken at the little "beach" area where people sit under the palms and take photos of the ships says "Panchos Backyard." We didn't go there, but it looked nice.

That would be really nice, since the Pancho's we've been going to is way at the other end of the city from the Carnival port area.

Don't know but I bet if you go to Google maps and do a street level view you can see their sign if they are there.

Not likely! Since it has no street frontage. It fronts the water in the dock area.

Nope... Tres Amigos, Fat Tuesdays and Café Punta del Cielo are the three restaurants/bars at Puerta Maya.

Mach, Are you sure? We did not go to the restaurant this month when we were there but my brother did. He said it was Panchos Back yard. It has been there everyother time we went. It is all the way down to the end of the area along side Los Cinco Soles.

To the OP. If you dock at Puerta Maya, (that a big IF, depending on number of ships in port that day) Im pretty sure there is a PB there. I normally grab a Margarita in a "Go Cup" but did not when we were there earlier this month. Possibly it has changed names but I did not notice it if it did.

Enjoy!

We used to go to the Pancho's Backyard at Los Cinco Soles on the north side of town, but they have indeed added one at the pier you are most likely to use when in Cozumel. The marimba players are even there, we recognized them from previous visits to the old location. The same good food and fish bowl sized margaritas.

Yes, there is! Been there twice and the food is excellent. :D

After you get through the vendor gauntlet on the pier, turn left and go all the way to the other end of the tourist area. It is open air and faces the little beach area. Enjoy!

Yes, there is! Been there twice and the food is excellent. :D

After you get through the vendor gauntlet on the pier, turn left and go all the way to the other end of the tourist area. It is open air and faces the little beach area. Enjoy!

We were there in 6/2009. Had the best taquitos, quac and margaritias with out ever leaving the pier area. We plan to make another visit this October.

They have a website: panchosbackyard dot com.

In the first pic you can see Panchos just to the left:

IMG_1659.jpg.c3c4f92549a3160e2f59bc0f1c5ce37f.jpg

IMG_1662.jpg.8391656aa5636ce631a357053b63d21e.jpg

IMG_1663.jpg.99ed644af8945071d9d8b6506148b066.jpg

IMG_1666.jpg.7751336f87538506f5d845a39d4fac95.jpg

IMG_1664.jpg.514dbfb521394236f9921a7fe47cb68d.jpg

IMG_1668.jpg.2b1f5685ae6bdab42862cd497eda03c7.jpg

IMG_1669.jpg.e0e3611b40d43e8f371c9d661700c1d2.jpg

There is a Senor Frogs at the International pier also. It's a short walk from the Puerta Maya pier. If you are asked for your ship card by security show them your card and tell them you want to go to Senor Frogs.

When we went in 2005 there was a big walk through Duty free right on the pier, then Rita hit (as well as several others). Last year when we returned the pier was all but gone and we parked further South.

Not likely! Since it has no street frontage. It fronts the water in the dock area.

Mach, Are you sure? We did not go to the restaurant this month when we were there but my brother did. He said it was Panchos Back yard. It has been there everyother time we went. It is all the way down to the end of the area along side Los Cinco Soles.

To the OP. If you dock at Puerta Maya, (that a big IF, depending on number of ships in port that day) Im pretty sure there is a PB there. I normally grab a Margarita in a "Go Cup" but did not when we were there earlier this month. Possibly it has changed names but I did not notice it if it did.

Enjoy!

There was not one in February but there was new construction near the end of the pier so that may be it. Pancho's Backyard doesn't show on the puertamaya.com website as being available, either...

So, any opinion as to which one to go to then? Terminal or Downtown? How far is the Downtown area from the Puerto Maya terminal?

The one thing I absolutely HAVE to do in any of our ports is go to Senor Frog's even just to buy something FROGGY!! ;) The rest is up to what the family wants to do!

There was not one in February but there was new construction near the end of the pier so that may be it. Pancho's Backyard doesn't show on the puertamaya.com website as being available, either...

Funny, Pancho's Backyard was at the Puerta Maya pier when we stopped in Cozumel on the Conquest in February. It was right where it has always been, along the water inside Los Cinco Soles down the end of the shopping concourse.

Why would you not go into town? Beers are only $1 compared to $5 on the pier and food is cheaper too.

Where exactly are these $1 beers you speak of? I always go to Margaritaville and expect to pay $5 each, I've bought Pacifico for $2 before from a street vendor but it wasn't somewhere I wanted to stop and sit for a while.

Ponchos Backyard is located at Los Cinco Soles at the Puerta Maya pier as well as downtown. It is the building to the left as you go toward the taxis. It was there in February when we were there.

For the person asking about Senor Frogs at the International pier. It is only open if there is a ship docked at the pier. If none are there, then you will have to go downtown to the one across from the Puerta Langosta pier.

Dave

Where exactly are these $1 beers you speak of? I always go to Margaritaville and expect to pay $5 each, I've bought Pacifico for $2 before from a street vendor but it wasn't somewhere I wanted to stop and sit for a while.

Go north from the town square and it will be at a bar on the corner of the entrance to a flea market type venue. Corona's were $1 but they were the smaller ounce ones. Still cheaper than the International venues.

Dave

Archived