Ft. Lauderdale (or nearby) - Hotel with kitchen near beach

pseudoswede

Family of 15 looking for a hotel within walking distance of the beaches. Has to have kitchen facilities, as we like to make/cook our own breakfasts and sometimes dinners. Walking distance from shopping and dining is a plus--but if not, has to be near a water taxi stop.

We are open to suggestions for anything between Miami and West Palm Beach.

As a point of reference, the kind of hotel that my family would choose would be something like Premier Hotel (i.e., cheap, very no frills, and near the beach).

Thanks in advance.

you could try the Beach Place Towers...it's a marriott time share place but they rent the rooms nightly as well....

that's opposite the beach.....and you could always get the sun trolley http://www.suntrolley.com outside that would go to the PUBLIX shopping center...

other than that, AFAIK anything else with a kitchen is going to be far away from the beach and really not walking distance to much....

Thanks for the recommendation, unfortunately it's sold out for the dates we need (Christmas weekend).

There are a lot of mom-and-pop hotels like I described up near Bonnet House. The one my family has stayed at previously (twice) near there is no longer an option.

Family of 15 looking for a hotel within walking distance of the beaches. Has to have kitchen facilities, as we like to make/cook our own breakfasts and sometimes dinners. Walking distance from shopping and dining is a plus--but if not, has to be near a water taxi stop.

As a point of reference, the kind of hotel that my family would choose would be something like Premier Hotel (i.e., cheap, very no frills, and near the beach).

Thanks in advance.

Go to www.Sunny.org and look for Small Superior Lodgings in Hollywood Beach and Lauderdale-By-The-Sea. Almost all of the mom and pop motels will have full kitchens and accommodations either ocean front or right across the street.

Go to www.Sunny.org and look for Small Superior Lodgings in Hollywood Beach and Lauderdale-By-The-Sea. Almost all of the mom and pop motels will have full kitchens and accommodations either ocean front or right across the street.

This looks great. I will page through and see what I find. Thanks!

High Noon looks great, although a tad on the pricey side.

I have been looking at VRBO, but since we're looking around Christmas, almost all rentals require a minimum one-week stay. Ideally, we are looking for lodging 12/23-12/28, and perhaps 1/5-1/9.

This looks great. I will page through and see what I find. Thanks!

High Noon looks great, although a tad on the pricey side.

I have been looking at VRBO, but since we're looking around Christmas, almost all rentals require a minimum one-week stay. Ideally, we are looking for lodging 12/23-12/28, and perhaps 1/5-1/9.

There are a lot of small Mom & Pop motels a block or two off the beach in LBTS on A1A. I just gave you the best one with the very best location right on the beach.

Thanks in advance.

Try the Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort (see link below). It is a condo-hotel located about a block from the beach, close to Publix (groceries), and the Galleria Mall (shopping).

http://flbeachresort.com/

Thank you all for the continued input. I guess I should amend my requirements by saying "near" doesn't have to mean beachside. Walking 2-3 blocks to get to the beach isn't an issue, and it would also hopefully lower the price.

The days leading up to the cruise will be spend mainly on the beach and walking to nearby shops and restaurants, with the very occasional trip to the grocery/liquor store.

There is an Extended Stay on SE 17th St in Fort Lauderdale, near the port. Rooms have fridge, stovetops and microwaves. It is about 4 blocks from the water taxi and 1 bus or trolley to the beach. Publix is about 2-4 blocks away.

Cocoa Belle Resort in Ft. Lauderdale.

Three blocks from beach.

Walking distance to restaurants and some shopping and water taxi.

Stayed there twice and have had other friends stay there also.

It's clean, nice owners and affordable.

We stayed at two other 50's style motels in the same area and this one is by far the nicest.

Just google it and see what you think.

Archived