Considering QV for Panama Feb 12

welshgirl001

I am thinking of booking Queen Victoria (Brittania) LA to NY BUT............:eek: the reviews are not very inspiring. Have things improved? Are the cabins really as small as the reveiws make them sound with storage lacking?

And the food as poor and uninspiring as they say?

And staff sullen and rude?

I have read old and recent reviews and find more ** than *****

Hoping for some positive comments from QV passengers:D

Julie

I am thinking of booking Queen Victoria (Brittania) LA to NY BUT............:eek: the reviews are not very inspiring. Have things improved? Are the cabins really as small as the reveiws make them sound with storage lacking? No. The balcony cabins are quite large, it's just the bathrooms that are small. The storage issue was resolved long ago. Plenty of storage now.

And the food as poor and uninspiring as they say? No the food is fine.

And staff sullen and rude? No. They are always polite and helpful.

I have read old and recent reviews and find more ** than *****

Hoping for some positive comments from QV passengers:D

Julie

Welshgirl

I if had the time I would not hesitate to book any voyage on the QV. In October we will be on her for the 3rd time within a 12 month period.

In March/April we took the slow way home from Fort Lauderdale (16 nights) and even though the weather was inclement, we had a wonderful trip.

The food was very good; the staff without exception were truly professional and the ambiance on board just how we like it; but that is of course subjective.

Yes, the cabins/shower rooms are slightly smaller than QM2, but we find it no problem and the storage space is certainly ample (many seem to miss the large drawers under the bottom of the bed). I think some people just have to find something to complain about.

If you book I am sure you will be delighted with the whole experience. If you have read the Cunard literature and that brand of cruise appeals to you, then do not hesitate, as I am sure the itinerary will be wonderful.

We also took the TA on the OV in March. We enjoyed it so much we booked again while on board for this October.

We found the food, service and entertainment excellent. We are seasoned cruisers - primarily on Princess, Celebrity and HAL. The OV was our first cruise on Cunard.

I wrote a review after I returned, don't know what happened it never got posted.

We had an A-4 cabin on our TA, booked an A-2 on our next, cabins are the same only different is location. Space was more than adequate.

We only ran into one staff member who was a bit difficult in 16 days.

My husband is very difficult when it comes to food, he special ordered every evening in the MDR and had items cooked to order in the buffet with no problem what so ever. We also special ordered room service at lunch time again without any problem.

Hi, we recently did the Fjords on QV, and would book on her again without any hesitation, in fact this is what I had to say when we returned.

Hi all, got back last Friday from our first ever cruise, unfortunately my wife was hit by a stomach bug on Saturday, closely followed by myself on Monday, so have not had a chance to post till today.

The QV was a delight, it was everything we expected and more, it was elegant and spotlessly clean, the crew were cleaning, painting and polishing 24 hours a day. We found the service beyond reproach, the food very good, in both the Brittania and the Lido, of which I sampled a bit too much, well we both did but I am too much of a gentleman to say so.

We had an A1 grade stateroom, while not overly large it was big enough for our needs with plenty of storage, even for my wifes 7 months of shopping she had done prior to this cruise. I did find the shower a little on the compact side, but managed generally except for the time I dropped the soap and went to bend to pick it up, my rear end touched the cold shower curtain which propelled me head first into the shower enclosure.:eek:

We only went to one show, this was a Liverpool comedian, I forget his name but he was very good. The rest of the time we spent either exploring the ship, in the Commadore Club, or the Lido.:rolleyes:

Overall it was a very enjoyable holiday, would we sail Cunard again, without a doubt, in fact we are already planning our next cruise, and if the itinery suits it will definately be on one of the Queens.

Phil

I say book it and enjoy!;)

Ships today are highly standardized. QV's cabins are the same size as everybody else's built in the same yard and with pretty much the same configuration. Be suspicious of anyone who tells you there's much difference within similarly-priced categories. Although for some reason QV has no shelves in the bathroom, while other lines do have shelves or cabinets.

Cunard's menu is, not surprisingly, slanted towards British tastes, not wanton gluttony with huge portions of American-style comfort food. I find both the restaurant and buffet completely satisfactory.

Cunard's "White Star Service" specifies a degree of formality. I agree that "elegant" is a good word to describe the ship.

If Cunard had reliable music (see the "Dancers Opinions" thread if this is important to you) it would be my favourite line.

Thank you all for you positive comments.

I didnt really think that all the negatives i read were the norm.

I have enjoyed everything about my QM2 trips and intend to carry on Cunard Cruising:D

Bit more research on Panama Itinerary then i will be ready to book:D

Julie

Ships today are highly standardized. QV's cabins are the same size as everybody else's built in the same yard and with pretty much the same configuration. Be suspicious of anyone who tells you there's much difference within similarly-priced categories. Although for some reason QV has no shelves in the bathroom, while other lines do have shelves or cabinets.

The QV has two shelves in the bathroom (one each side) while the QE has four shelves (two each side)

p1030116i.jpg

imga0270a.jpg

Archived