Maya Chan

lindalo5032

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Checking out the beach cam at Maya Chan- yesterday they had a big crowd and a beautiful day- today it looks like another wedding, but the weather looks a bit iffy- hopes it clears up for the happy couple- even if it doesn't I am sure that Mark, Jane, and David will make it a lovely day.

Is Maya Chan a 'rain or shine' place? Or, do they allow cancellations for bad/inclement weather?

From our recent reservation confirmation:

Just as a note. We refund if we see any rough weather is on its way. When this happens, you will know far in advance and all funds will be refunded in full.

Also - If the ship does not dock, for whatever reason, your money will be refunded to you in full.

A rainy day at Maya Chan beats a sunny day at the office! :)

I have never done the Southern ports and REALLY REALLY want to do them. Every time I have tried to book one (and I'm talking about the ones from the US port, which would be a 9 or 10 day cruise)

I'm not sure about cruising out of San Juan. I can't even imagine the cost in airflight to get there and staying overnight pre-cruise and stuff. I have always thought it would be too expensive and never thought much more about it. Maybe YOU can give ME some pointers. ;)

I would like to comment that the southern Carib cruises out of SJU are much nicer because you are able to experience Antigua, Barbados, St Lucia and other islands that just aren't as accessible from Fl ports. We do spend one night in SJU prior to and a few nights after the cruise to enjoy SJU and also wind down, as these itineraries can be very busy. Our last one we had no (zero) sea days! So for most folks yes, there is a 1 night hotel cost and the flight to SJU is a little more than to FL (for us) but well worth the experience. And most ppl fly back the same day the cruise returns, we just like spending some time there because we don;t have any pressing obligations anymore.

Another option is flying to St Maarten or Barbados, cruising out of there, and spending a few days after the cruise there. Now that soulds really nice! :)

We loved Maya Chan when we went Oct of 2011 but when we sailed again in February of 2012 we decided to privately rent a dune buggy for the day, OMG what a blast we had!!! There were four of us, we took a ride out past Maya Chan and stubbled upon this awesome little place to stay on the water, and the owner's name was Pierre and he caught fresh lobster and cooked it up for us....WOW!! Then we drove back to town parked the buggy and walked along the water front shopping and then booked a massage (up-stairs with the ocean view) for $25.00 again WOW...then poured ourselves back into the buggy and back to the port. It was such a great adventure , and we had no tour guide and NO crowds.....PERFECT!!!!

That sounds like a great idea Ginny! Any idea where you spent your time at the beach?