Maya Chan

lindalo5032

Maaaannnn...I miss everything on the weekends since that's when I work. :(

Hey Mitsugirly, just notice you're on your way soon! When you hit Maya Chan please tell Dave, Preston, Zak, Mark(if he's there) and everyone else that Bill and Sandi send their best. You'll see our pics on the wall. It looks like we'll be heading down in Jan. Thanks

Hey Mitsugirly, just notice you're on your way soon! When you hit Maya Chan please tell Dave, Preston, Zak, Mark(if he's there) and everyone else that Bill and Sandi send their best. You'll see our pics on the wall. It looks like we'll be heading down in Jan. Thanks

I'm making a note right now for when I go to tell them. ;) I really hope we get to go (with this darn hurricane weather lately). I really want to go because I have heard nothing but good review about the place and I really need a relaxing day. :D

• 1 month later...

If the website keeps giving you problems you can just send Mark an email directly at mostrow@aol.com. Good luck. We went twice- once with great weather- that day we had a sporty day with great food and drink. The 2nd time we went there had been storms somewhere far away, but it made the water a little murky- so we had some fun in the water, but it was more of a social day- we made friends with other travelers, and of course the Ostrows and the staff- great food and LOTS of good drink. What a day!! I will be back.;)

• 4 weeks later...

I have booked maya chan for january.. typically what type of tip do you give and who do you give it to?? Trying to budget for my upcoming cruises and i always try to take care of those who take care of me

Thanks for any advice you can give

Edited by dappledumpling

I have booked maya chan for january.. typically what type of tip do you give and who do you give it to?? Trying to budget for my upcoming cruises and i always try to take care of those who take care of me

Thanks for any advice you can give

They have a box called "The Love Box"...you just place your tip in it on the way out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I saw bits of it- everyone casual except the bride in her long gown. I didn't see the clergy they usually have...do you think Mark or David have gone on-line to get a license in order to marry people????:confused:

• 3 weeks later...
Ahhhh, just checked the webcam---colder than a well digger's butt here in Ohio, but cruise passengers hanging out at the beach at Maya Chan....without me!!! Looks like a nice day.;)

Thanks for the Ohio weather heads-up. It was so nice outside yesterday and now another cold day. Darn! Wish I was back at Maya Chan too! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I've enjoyed reading the posts on Maya Chan. This will be the 9th cruise for LW and I. This is our first time at Costa Maya. We always try to book with locals instead of through the Cruise Company. Maya Chan sounds like our kind of place. We will be there in May on the Dream. We dock early and leave early afternoon so I gues we will party early. It's always 5 o'clock somewhere right?

By the way, we are enjoying one of the warmest winters in ages here in Central Florida. Shorts everyday, mostly. Back in the mid 70's I was stationed in Upper Michigan. You Northern folks have my sympathy.

Take care, ya'll.:cool:

I've enjoyed reading the posts on Maya Chan. This will be the 9th cruise for LW and I. This is our first time at Costa Maya. We always try to book with locals instead of through the Cruise Company. Maya Chan sounds like our kind of place. We will be there in May on the Dream. We dock early and leave early afternoon so I gues we will party early. It's always 5 o'clock somewhere right?

By the way, we are enjoying one of the warmest winters in ages here in Central Florida. Shorts everyday, mostly. Back in the mid 70's I was stationed in Upper Michigan. You Northern folks have my sympathy.

Take care, ya'll.:cool:

My goal in life is to make it to Florida (to live) some day or at least somewhere that it's warm all the time. :D I'm in Ohio and I HATE snow and could care less if I ever see it again. I'm cold natured and I try to hibernate most of the winter.

We have been having a mild winter as well here. Weird. :p For the last 2 weeks it's been nice enough to not have a coat on most days and it actually reached 59 twice last week. (Which anyone from the north knows that when it's winter and cold out, 59 feels like a heat wave). We've been lucky and only had snow twice so far. The first time it stuck for 2 days and yesterday it snowed and was covering everything in the morning and completely gone by mid day. Now that's my kinda weather. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Can someone tell me how the snorkeling is at Maya Chan? Can you snorkel right off the beach and see marine life?

Well, you can, but there's not much. When we were there, we seen maybe 1 or 2 fish (small ones), a star fish and a small sting ray. That was it.

Here is a link to my review and pictures that day and you can see what we seen when we were there that day (last September):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=30654861&postcount=12

Link at the bottom of the review to the pictures

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Oh, how great- a November cruise. I went on a 2 week Panama Canal cruise last April, so probably nothing more this year unless I happen upon a bargain I can't pass up. Be sure to say Hi! to the Ostrows from those of us in exile.