Canada/New England: Where is Customs done?

EdJS

I'm sailing on the Carribean Princess embarking August 6 for Canada/New England round trip from NYC. The itinerary is New York -- Halifax -- St. John's -- Bar Harbor -- Boston -- Newport -- New York. The first Canadian stop is Halifax, and the first U.S. stop after that is Bar Harbor.

So I'm wondering when do we go through Canadian customs, and then when do we go through US customs after that?

You will go through US immigration either on the ship the day before Bar Harbor or when you reach Bar Harbor.

You will go through US customs when you disembark at the end of the cruise in NYC.

Canada will probably clear the ship without any direct involvement by you.

I'm sailing on the Carribean Princess embarking August 6 for Canada/New England round trip from NYC. The itinerary is New York -- Halifax -- St. John's -- Bar Harbor -- Boston -- Newport -- New York. The first Canadian stop is Halifax, and the first U.S. stop after that is Bar Harbor.

So I'm wondering when do we go through Canadian customs, and then when do we go through US customs after that?

you'll definite have to clear customs in NYC even thou you where in Boston first . Depending on the regs you may have to see customs

in Boston and Newport.:cool:

Archived