guaranteed stateroom changes

rmp1968uk

yep - I guess that's the best. thanks for the reassurance! It's a learning curve....:D

Hi,

You are now a Cat 2c has as been stated, what sailing are you on?

If you have booked directly with X call them and ask what other cabins are available, if you have used a travel agent ask them.

Let us know what sailing and I will see if I can help.

The OP is in the U.K. The bookings don't always work the same way there as they do in the U.S.

On the other hand, I think the assigned cabin sounds great. It has a wall beside it on the left and a beam that will go up on the right-hand side of the balcony.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g277/holtcjane/Celebrity%20Summit/Sweet16.jpg

Check out the deck above the numbered cabins in the photo above.

Compared to an inside cabin without the fresh air and natural light of a balcony is really no comparison.

TroubleT, I doubt that Celebrity will email you with your cabin assignment. Go to your reservation on the Celebrity website and check there to see if your cabin has been assigned.

Bon voyage

Thanks, BBsails! I did check and we got room 7139. Now I am panicking (or maybe I am reading it wrong). We booked a guarantee (as it was said at least 2B category) stateroom with veranda. The ship is Silhouette. Looks like it's a wheelchair accessible stateroom. We don't use a wheelchair, but, hey, I'll take a bigger room. However, my concern is that the description in my reservation online says now "Deluxe Ocean View Access Strm, #7139". The question is: is it an Ocean View or Veranda stateroom?

Hi, we are on the Equipnox 11/28/11 and had a guarantee with Celebrity (a 2C). I just went into Celebrity to check on something and noticed we had been assigned a cabin. This cabin is 6296 at the rear of the ship. I believe it says 'partially obstructed". I'm concerned we wont like this cabin. Can you tell me is we should think about changing it or upgrading? Also, I thought someone had mentioned this is in Concierge Class. YOur help is appreciated.

Consider yourself lucky, you got an upgrade. When booking a GTY always expect the lowest possibly category and the worst possible location. For a balcony guarantee a 2D (obstructed) balcony is the lowest possible category so you received a one category upgrade (partially obstructed rather than obstructed). You can't "change" if you booked a GTY, sometimes they allow you to move to another stateroom within the same category, but all 2C's are partially obstructed. If you want you can pay the going rate of a higher category to upgrade. As for Concierge Class that is a few categories higher; the Concierge Class categories are C1, C2 and C3.

Thanks, BBsails! I did check and we got room 7139. Now I am panicking (or maybe I am reading it wrong). We booked a guarantee (as it was said at least 2B category) stateroom with veranda. The ship is Silhouette. Looks like it's a wheelchair accessible stateroom. We don't use a wheelchair, but, hey, I'll take a bigger room. However, my concern is that the description in my reservation online says now "Deluxe Ocean View Access Strm, #7139". The question is: is it an Ocean View or Veranda stateroom?

Yes, your stateroom has a balcony. The handicapped staterooms are about 50% larger, so most people find them to be more desirable than a regular stateroom, but they are set up for somebody in a wheelchair/scooter so some aspects of the layout might seem a bit odd or impractical (i.e. the shower has no lips). It is someone common for GTY's to be assigned to available handicapped staterooms once the cruise date nears if those rooms are not booked by someone needing them.

Here is a picture of what the shower looks like:

232323232%7Ffp6327%3B%3Enu%3D3285%3E%3B65%3E466%3EWSNRCG%3D355845777432%3Bnu0mrj

Definitely a cabin with a balcony. Google <Celebrity Silhouette deck plan> to check it out. In addition, search <accessible cabin> on this site for info on those cabins. We were GTY for a suite last year, were assigned an accessible cabin, which we didn't need. After reading about the roll-in shower (M-Class ship) I asked for a change and was granted another cabin in the same class without a problem. Have no idea about the accessible cabins on the Silhouette.

Thanks, Gonzo70 and BBsails!

I feel a little bit better now - at least I know it's a veranda stateroom. Since it's bigger - I like it. Not sure how I gonna react when I see "accessible stateroom" LIVE. But I don't want to change it now because I am afraid I can end up having a room with a huge boat on my balcony.

This must just be a UK thing...We have done guarantee cabins many times..and we have never had trouble ever changing cabins after the assignment, as long as it was the same category. We just did it a month ago with our upcoming cruise in November.

This must just be a UK thing...We have done guarantee cabins many times..and we have never had trouble ever changing cabins after the assignment, as long as it was the same category. We just did it a month ago with our upcoming cruise in November.

Often you can, but it is not a "right" or something you can automatically do - it is a favor that Celebrity usually (but not always) grants.

we had booked an inside cabin a year in advance, and when I rang up to query that the prices had dropped so dramatically, they said I could upgrade to a g'tee cabin with balcony - and possibly a Con Class if they were available too!. No mention of it being a metal cave, obstructed view etc, and being a bit green, I just thought it would be ok and jumped at the chance. Ho Hum. We'll see what it's like - perhaps it won't be too bad, and least we'll be able to sit out if it pours with rain!!!!! I know it's foolish, never having done it before, but I just feel a bit "cheated" - even though we got an upgrade, as it's obviously such a poor one. I wouldn't do it again.

I guess I'm a little confused as to how you know you've been "cheated"....you haven't sailed on the cruise yet and haven't actually been in your cabin. I find too many people get too worked up and pay too much attention to things that very well may be unimportant. You've got your cabin assignment now...and remember its just a temporary room to sleep and relax. Go have fun and stop sweating the small stuff.

Archived