SOLO Cruising

Princesss

If (hypothetically, of course ;)) you had access to their booking engine, you'd see that the 'way' they found, for numerouse 1A cabins, isn't as big a revenue generator as the former 150% arrangement.

Occurs in numerous home ports, but primarily Florida.

I never use Carnivals booking engine to check 1A pricing, I use the gnome site. In the past they use to sell 1a GTY to fill the ships, now because of early saver most 1a arent even available the last month.

Anomalies can always be found, but the claim that these cabins would go empty and last min sails to fill them has been unfounded.

Do plenty of research and shop various sites; earlier this year I booked

a 4j (deck 10, picture window with a view of the "hidden deck") on CCL

Liberty for a lot cheaper than one of those tiny studios on the Epic.

Shop around and find the best deal for yourself, and def check out the

solo forum

Hard to compare Epic to Liberty..

I never use Carnivals booking engine to check 1A pricing, I use the gnome site. In the past they use to sell 1a GTY to fill the ships, now because of early saver most 1a arent even available the last month.

Anomalies can always be found, but the claim that these cabins would go empty and last min sails to fill them has been unfounded.

I just booked one for Nov 7th, and got the one that has two port holes and a twin and a convertible sofa on Triumph. I booked about a week ago when prices were down. Yep, paid 200%.

Im not booking as much Carnival as I used to. I was booking 6 or 7 out of 8 in a year on carnival, now closer to half and half.

I was surprised I could get such a good 1A this close to sailing date. used to be much harder.

If (hypothetically, of course ;)) you had access to their booking engine . . ..

I never use Carnivals booking engine to check 1A pricing . . .

Ooops, I was totally unclear on that one. Sorry. :o

I actually meant to refer to the internal CCL booking system used in the corporate office by the reservationists.

Sorry for the (again, totally hypothetical) confusion. :)

In the past they use to sell 1a GTY to fill the ships, now because of early saver most 1a arent even available the last month.

It is impossible to check the Early Saver 1A prices as they do not want to give refunds when the prices have dropped. It is not that they are no longer available.

These cabins are now available for Carnival employees.

It is impossible to check the Early Saver 1A prices as they do not want to give refunds when the prices have dropped. It is not that they are no longer available.

These cabins are now available for Carnival employees.

:confused: You can still book and check the prices for 1A'S on the Carnival or any other cruise booking engine.

:confused: You can still book and check the prices for 1A'S on the Carnival or any other cruise booking engine.

My apologies. I meant the ones that I have booked at the old 150% price. Probably because they have all gone. I do have two more booked at the old rate.

Just remember that with the Epic, those cabins are so popular that it can be just as expensive to book a studio than to book any other inside even with the supplement.

You beat me to it. I found that cruising solo in a studio on Epic vs cruising solo on an inside on Carnival is about the same price, within $50 or so. However, the Epic solo experience is far superior to any CCL solo experience I had.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

My first solo was a CTN just so I'd be platinum for the next, an 8-day with a balcony.

When I booked my upcoming Glory to Bermuda cruise, I got a 1A with portholes just before they did away with the single supplement. Since it's a 1-off cruise, the price for 1 person in a 4A is currently more than my 150% 1A and going up.

I sailed my first HAL cruise in November and loved it. So although I'm Platinum on Carnival, since HAL still has single supplements (the ones I've looked at appear to be about 160%), I may start sailing more with them. Their loyalty programs has more levels and seems more equitable to me, too. Of course, most of their base prices are a bit higher, but I'm ready for some different itineraries, and any line that goes to Half Moon Cay as often as they do is OK in my book!

The only problem for me is if I do anything other than Carnival, I pretty much have to fly somewhere. There is a 7 day 4 month ship out of the gulf, but no short cruises, and no full time 7 day ships.

The cost of the flight added in, even with lower solo supplements, no real savings for me. Fewer Carnival cruises, but still not gone from my line up as I supposed.

No, I expect them to get to the cruise themselves, though one gal and her mom are flying into galveston perhaps for Mariner, so I said I would pick them up at the houston airport.

We all pay our own expenses. One gal we are going to do ship excursions at all the ports. Another just wants to cruise cheap, so we will not spend a lot extra.

One gal Iv known for 35 years and I am planned everything out. She has never been on a cruise. I moved us into a JS on RCL :D and I got a nice hotel precruise. yea for me.

One already bite the dust. And one is a strong maybe, she smokes and isnt happy Carnival changed to no smoking in so many places.

My feeling is if anyone backs out then I still go alone, havent lost anything.

As far as the taxes ... dont be so hasty. Yes, you only pay one set of add on taxes and fees .. but port taxes are part of your cruise fare, in fact a large part of it. you are paying two port taxes (ask a TA what NCF is).

I have not yet cruised solo on RCL but read they subtract out the port taxes, but someone could be confused as seems like a lot of people dont know they are part of the cruisefare.

I have cruised RCL solo and no they do not subtract the port taxes or at least they did not on my 3 solo cruises wth them.

Archived