Shoe shine on Legend?

billichka

Hi billichka - yes you'll be fine.

On our recent Sojourn World Cruise we found that our Captain regularly walked the passenger decks in the early hours armed with shoe shine kit - all we had to do was leave pairs outside of our suite - he made a fantastic job of them ... especially my thigh length suede boots.

>"I figure that there is surely a shoe shine service on board, does anyone recall how much it costs?"

I have never been aware of that service on any of the Seabourn ships. I do hope it won't leasen your enjoyment of your Legend cruise. It's my favorite of the 8.

I expect there is the standard hotel shoe shining kit included amongst the suite's various goodies. I wouldn't know for sure as I did not do anything while on board the Legend that sullied my shoes. I expect the stewardess will gladly apply it to your footwear for you if you require.

I can't recall if they also included a sewing repair kit. Its the sort of thing that used to be standard once, but one rarely sees anymore. I miss them, though have never actually used one.

Have never heard of "a shoe shiner" but I had a high heel malfunction on the Pride ~~was dancin' in the Club and the heel snapped off. I dropped the evening slipper off at the Purser desk and the next morning the ship's carpenter brought the shoe to me ~~! Good as new :D

You'll find a shoe cleaner/polisher among the other amenties in your suite.

Happy Cruisin'

Martita B.

There is a sewing kit and it's the 'good' kind, in plastic with the threads already in needles. And I have used it. The shoe cleaner, as I remember, is one of those foam squares which are supposed to shine them. Fat chance.

I am also in debit to the ships' carpenters who can fix luggage zippers and once re-adjusted a new cane that was giving me problems.

This is too good to pass up...

I travel with one of those small flip-open cans of shoe polish and that's how I shine my shoes when they get scuffed.

Oh, and neither free shoe shines nor free laundry on Princess or Holland America "suite" suite categories respectively would make any difference to me. There is Seabourn and then there is the mass market- defined by 3 or 4: 1 passenger/crew ratio, crowds, queues, noise levels, kids-kids-kids, art auctions, ships' photographers around every corner, wine and spa packages sold-sold-sold at check-in, dual seating crowded restaurants, specialty restaurants that require bookings (and get booked out by the first day), signing chits all day (assuming you can find someone to take an order and handle the paperwork correctly) and worst of all, maple-flavored corn syrup at breakfasts in lieu of the real thing, etc etc etc. Yes, that's for the "suite class" as well as hoi polloi. Imagine paying for that?!

So you see, a little honest shoe shining never hurt anyone!

Happy cruising

I'm sure if shoes needed a quick buff/shine the Stewardess 'lit Chicken would take care of the zapatas ~ a'long with slipping her a 'love envelope.

MB

....yes but tipping is neither required or expected!!!...LOL:D...couldn't resist.

You are correct! I just prefer to 'reward' the sweet crew members that go above and beyond ~~I started giving ashore luncheon "love envelopes" to my Stewardess's many yeaers ago ~as a 'lit extra "thank you." The 'lit Chicken's appreciate having money for a special luncheon when they are allowed to go shoreside.

I spoil the Crew as I do my Grandchildren!:D

Martita B.

You are correct! I just prefer to 'reward' the sweet crew members that go above and beyond ~~I started giving ashore luncheon "love envelopes" to my Stewardess's many yeaers ago ~as a 'lit extra "thank you." The 'lit Chicken's appreciate having money for a special luncheon when they are allowed to go shoreside.

I spoil the Crew as I do my Grandchildren!:D

Martita B.

BUT when you pay for a crew bar evening Martha are you not rewarding regardless if they have gone above and beyond or not ??

Contributing to the Crew Fund is thanking ALL crew members, not just the ones we see daily ~~the hardest working Crew members work down in the engine room and the laundry area, etc. ~

I know last year the Legend Crew bought a new large flat screen T.V. for their Crew lounge with monies from their fund.

I prefer to acknowledge all Crew members ~afterall they are responsible for making my cruises so very comfortable and so enjoyable!:D

MB

On our recent cruise on the Sojourn, DH stepped on some fresh tar on the dock (blacktop getting patched up). He asked the suite stewardess if anyone had tar remover to clean the shoe. She took it and returned it like new next day. She said one of the engine room crew had the right stuff (whatever it was).

Needless to say, that is one situation that called for a special tip.

Archived