How many bottles?

skydancing

Frankly, I think most of us can do without hearing how you broke HAL's most generous rule about alcohol. :o

Not me... I am looking forward to hearing how it goes. However, I don't like the idea of sneaking beer on board and hope that HAL will update their rules to include beer with wine. Or, they could start selling local (to the cruise location) or craft beer instead of the Bud,Miller, Coors stuff.

However, I don't like the idea of sneaking beer on board and hope that HAL will update their rules to include beer with wine.
Me too! :)

Or, they could start selling local (to the cruise location) or craft beer instead of the Bud,Miller, Coors stuff.

They already do to some degree. In AK there's Alaskan Amber on most if not all cruises, and we had some good Rostock beer on board in Warnemunde Germany. I think we've had other local beers on board but that's all I remember right now. HAL could do a lot more of that.

Generally, on board DH drinks Grolsch.

Me too! :)

They already do to some degree. In AK there's Alaskan Amber on most if not all cruises, and we had some good Rostock beer on board in Warnemunde Germany. I think we've had other local beers on board but that's all I remember right now. HAL could do a lot more of that.

Totally agree Carol - they had some really unique ones on our Baltic cruise (they were good and I'm not a beer drinker traditionally, but you always have to taste culture). And they did in South America too.

Really enjoy it when HAL does this type of thing:D

Related question from a first-time HAL cruiser --

Is only water and soda allowed? What about other mixers -- like juice -- in bottles? We use low-sodium tomato juice or V-8 for DH's Bloody Marys. I was planning to carry on a 46-oz bottle for his evening cocktail. This is a US departure, so I'd just buy it before embarkation. (We'll purchase the vodka from HAL.)

Any issues, other than being (physically) able to carry it on?

Linda;)

I don't think anyone has answered this. My understanding is that mixers and juices would be fine, just like soda.

Is only water and soda allowed? What about other mixers -- like juice -- in bottles? We use low-sodium tomato juice or V-8 for DH's Bloody Marys. I was planning to carry on a 46-oz bottle for his evening cocktail. This is a US departure, so I'd just buy it before embarkation. (We'll purchase the vodka from HAL.)

Any issues, other than being (physically) able to carry it on?

Linda;)

You can take as much as you like of ANY beverages except hard liquor and beer. And "beer" includes n.a. beer.

I don't think anyone has answered this. My understanding is that mixers and juices would be fine, just like soda.

You can take as much as you like of ANY beverages except hard liquor and beer. And "beer" includes n.a. beer.

Thank you for following up on this, readytocruiseagain and catl331. I had thought it was probably okay, but it doesn't hurt to ask. (Then again, I know some who are of the persuasion that "it's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission"...:D)

Linda

Archived