Review-Emerald Princess Baltics 7/18/11

Genessa

My mom is actually from Aahrus, Denmark and I grew up eating marzipan. Love it! The best is a Danish brand by Anthon Berg, it's in a pink foil wrapper. It is my absolute favorite treat.
Anthon Berg in Denmark, Kalev in Tallinn and Mozartkuglen in Germany. DW will be in Marzipan Heaven next May :)

Your review brought back great memories of our Emerald Baltic Cruise in July 2009. Only complaint we had was being held back in St. P. by Princess for hours while their excursions left the ship. Was that finally corrected? Would love to go again, but that part was unfortunate. Were were with Anna of Den Rus. Great tour!

Your review brought back great memories of our Emerald Baltic Cruise in July 2009. Only complaint we had was being held back in St. P. by Princess for hours while their excursions left the ship. Was that finally corrected? Would love to go again, but that part was unfortunate. Were were with Anna of Den Rus. Great tour!

I was a little worried about that when first Princess put written info in cabins saying you can't go ashore if you are not on a Princess excursion, unless you have a visa and that you must visit Passenger SErvices and give them your name and show them the visa. When I went, they said yes, private tour tickets were fine, but asked us to give them copies of our private tour tickets, (which I didn't ' cos I couldn't figure out why they would need them - they said it was to give the info to the Russian immigration, but they already had our info from Alla). Then Princess instructed everyone wishing to disembark, but not on a Princess tour to meet in one of the restaurants to collect tickets - like when they do a tender. We went to the restaurant about 20 minutes before they said, were in the first group of independents off the ship and were with our guide 15 minutes before schedule.

The second day, you just disembarked.

So, long story short, I got a little stressed out, unnecessarily. It actually went VERY smoothly and quickly. Sorry you were delayed!

I was a little worried about that when first Princess put written info in cabins saying you can't go ashore if you are not on a Princess excursion, unless you have a visa and that you must visit Passenger SErvices and give them your name and show them the visa. When I went, they said yes, private tour tickets were fine, but asked us to give them copies of our private tour tickets, (which I didn't ' cos I couldn't figure out why they would need them - they said it was to give the info to the Russian immigration, but they already had our info from Alla). Then Princess instructed everyone wishing to disembark, but not on a Princess tour to meet in one of the restaurants to collect tickets - like when they do a tender. We went to the restaurant about 20 minutes before they said, were in the first group of independents off the ship and were with our guide 15 minutes before schedule.

The second day, you just disembarked.

So, long story short, I got a little stressed out, unnecessarily. It actually went VERY smoothly and quickly. Sorry you were delayed!

Thanks for the clarification. Looking forward to putting our plans together based upon the information on this thread.

Archived