Pinnacle Grill versus MDR

Wayfairers

The menu is the same every night, so check it when you are onboard, and see if anything strikes your fancy. If it does, make a reservation soon afterward to get the best choice of times and night.

Surprised to hear the PG has the same menu every night! Even on the longer cruises?

Darn, I was hoping it would be along the lines of The Palm, etc. Since they charge for it I was hoping they had a good chef. Sounds like it is a good place to eat when you want a private dinner, but that the food expectations shouldn't be very high.

By the way, I highly recommended one of Charlie Trotter's restaurants for a special meal.

I think it is way closer to a Palm, Mortons, etc than to an Outback, but clearly not what you would get at one of Charlie Trotter's restaurants (I'd definitely pay for that on a ship if it was an option!). We ate at the PG twice on our Zuiderdam sailing a couple years ago and we are looking forward to it again on the Noordam. On both occasions on the Zuiderdam, we found it to be very good. I'm a big fan of Morton's (although I must say, even Morton's is getting a tad inconsistent), and we were very happy with the quality of the PG.

Archived