Beverage Packages

nursebob

Are beverage packages the way to go our just pay as you go. I am not sure if we could dring over $700.00 of beverages. We like wine with dinner,and maybe one to two cocktails prior to dinner. Are the refrig. in cabins stocked and you pay as you drink them?:)

The answer will depend on the cruise line and what and how much you will be drinking. Check the prices for what you will drink and compare to the appropriate package. For some the packages are a great bargain, for others, a waste of money

Are beverage packages the way to go our just pay as you go. I am not sure if we could dring over $700.00 of beverages. We like wine with dinner,and maybe one to two cocktails prior to dinner. Are the refrig. in cabins stocked and you pay as you drink them?:)

We've purchased the top beverage package on Celebrity and thought it was perfect. It included all wines, beer, alcohol drinks, smoothies, bottled water, soda, non-alcohol foo-foo drinks and specialty coffees. Just for the wine and martinis alone, it paid for itself. On Celebrity, you can purchase any drink up to $15 with this package, so even better wines and their fancy martinis are covered. When you consider that one martini can cost $12, one soda is $2 and a bottle of water can run $4 for the bigger bottle, it was worth it for us.

We did a package on our Caribbean cruise with Celebrity and thought it was well worth it, we also spent a lot of time on the ship. Our usual intake was 2 specialty coffee/teas; 2-3 bottles of water; 1-2 cocktails/beer/vitamin water by the pool; pre dinner wine/cocktail; 2-3 glasses of wine with dinner; post dinner cocktail.

But on our upcoming Alaska cruise we are skipping it an paying as we go, the cruise is much more port intensive, we are planning on having a few dinners off the ship, and we won't be having any of those fruity cocktails by the pool ;)

Just take your itinerary and drinking habits into consideration when you decide :)

We did a package on our Caribbean cruise with Celebrity and thought it was well worth it, we also spent a lot of time on the ship. Our usual intake was 2 specialty coffee/teas; 2-3 bottles of water; 1-2 cocktails/beer/vitamin water by the pool; pre dinner wine/cocktail; 2-3 glasses of wine with dinner; post dinner cocktail.

But on our upcoming Alaska cruise we are skipping it an paying as we go, the cruise is much more port intensive, we are planning on having a few dinners off the ship, and we won't be having any of those fruity cocktails by the pool ;)

Just take your itinerary and drinking habits into consideration when you decide :)

Thanks that help question is the can sodas in the refri included in the package? Which package did you get the premium? Or the standard?

We've purchased the top beverage package on Celebrity and thought it was perfect. It included all wines, beer, alcohol drinks, smoothies, bottled water, soda, non-alcohol foo-foo drinks and specialty coffees. Just for the wine and martinis alone, it paid for itself. On Celebrity, you can purchase any drink up to $15 with this package, so even better wines and their fancy martinis are covered. When you consider that one martini can cost $12, one soda is $2 and a bottle of water can run $4 for the bigger bottle, it was worth it for us.

How much are the packages and where do i look to see if they are available on the Carnival Pride?

How much are the packages and where do i look to see if they are available on the Carnival Pride?

Ask on the Carnival Board for more info.

In my experience Carnival has an unlimited soda package ($6+grat per day, kids are less). This includes sodas and juices at the bars. My kids got their monies worth in Shirley Temples and Cherry Cokes. The breakeven point is three sodas.

There are 3 & 5 wine bottle packages available. Price varies.

Also buckets of beer can be purchased. This saves a few bucks from buying them individually.

The unlimited alcohol package is only available to groups, everyone in the group must purchase. IIRC The breakeven point was around 6 alcoholic drinks.

This was for Celebrity, not Carnival. Carnival has drink coupons you purchase, but those are nothing like a complete beverage package. I believe the drink coupons are 4 for around $25. A bit of a savings, but not much.

OP, the Celebrity package does not include room service or the in cabin frig.

Archived