Coffee!!

Holey

Hi,

everyone who has travelled with Princess says the coffee is lousy.. We are travelling from London England to Florida. Can anyone tell me if we can bring a sealed pack of coffee over and do we have to declare it?

Assuming you mean something like Nescafe Gold Blend, or similar then you should not have a problem. In the USA, Tasters Choice is an identical product to Gold Blend, but dont expect it to taste the same as it is manufactured to take into account local tastes.

Last time I went to New York I took coffee, jars of cook-in sauce and jars of curry paste for a friend who had just move over there and hand't yet managed to find local equivalents. i had no problem taking them into the country.

The products must be in original factory sealed containers.

just don't try to take any beef for bacon joints with you ;)

Hi,

everyone who has travelled with Princess says the coffee is lousy.. We are travelling from London England to Florida. Can anyone tell me if we can bring a sealed pack of coffee over and do we have to declare it?

Yes--no declaration.

Hi,

Hardly "everyone." There are many, many passengers who think it's fine. That's why there are so many different brands of coffee and coffee shops in the US and elsewhere serving different kinds of coffee. That said, you can bring as many packs of coffee as you want but be aware that there are no kettles in the cabins and you'd need to get hot water in the buffet or wherever.

Some mornings the coffee was good and others it was miserable. The earlier we got coffee the worse it was. I think they made the coffee too soon and it sat to long waiting to be poured. I usually got my own cup, filled it half full, tasted the strength than decided if I needed to add hot water or more coffee. The coffee dowstairs was about the same. The cruise was so wonderful that the coffee didn't stand a chance at ruining my day ;)

Is it Starbucks or similar, no...I would not call it lousy - just not great.

However, is it worth ordering and drinking it on your balcony overlooking the ocean? YES! It is not THAT bad. One thing you could do is possibly bring some of the flavored creamers with you if you can find the little individual ones.

Hmmm, that give me an idea for our cruise in February...going to the drug store in FLL and buying a small container of French Vanilla!

I am guessing Carnival's room service coffee is similar.

I don't have a problem with the coffee at all. My goodness, at home I have to make it and clean up the pot after. On a cruise, I call room service. :D

Some people are suggesting bringing along the new Starbucks Via (instant) and using about 1/4 to 1/2 a tube in the regular coffee.

Hi,

Hi Holey,

The reason for this: The coffee is (coffee syrup concentrate).

Get a coffee card at the International Cafe so you can get unlimited real filtered coffee..

We have done several cruises & the coffee on all of them has been hit & miss so on the last few holidays we took the tubes of kenco cappucino which we took to breakfast in the mornings & used in our cabin too for our early morning drinks.

I personally don't think the coffee is lousy.

That being said, are you also going to bring a coffee pot to brew it?

We were on the Coral a few weeks ago and I read so many posts about how bad the coffee was so I bought some coffee straws at Starbucks and took them with us. We never used them since we did not think the regular coffee was bad at all. Guess it's a matter of personal taste!

Hi Holey,

The reason for this: The coffee is (coffee syrup concentrate).

Get a coffee card at the International Cafe so you can get unlimited real filtered coffee..

The coffee card is the way to go,,,, best money spend onboard... as well as unlimited "real" coffee you get 15 or so capps and lattes....

Coffee is just personal taste. Some find it disgusting, others like it. I just feel as though it is strong coffee. Sometimes it just needs watering down. The OP asked if there would be a problem bringing some on the flight. My experience is no. Should you declare it, well, that is up to you.

Coffee is just personal taste. Some find it disgusting, others like it. I just feel as though it is strong coffee. Sometimes it just needs watering down. The OP asked if there would be a problem bringing some on the flight. My experience is no. Should you declare it, well, that is up to you.

Why would you have to declare coffee? I bought coffee, made in the UK, in the Falklands. Never even considered declaring it. :confused:

I take my little four cup coffee maker from home...

Me too, though mine is only a one cup/

Why I do declare... That is what comes to mind when I hear posters tell us that they do not mind the coffee. Coffee should not be just "minded" it should be enjoyed. And there is nowhere between here and the remnants of the Titanic that anyone can say they ENJOY Princess' coffee. Odd that they can prepare and serve, for a price, a decent cup of coffee aboard but you have to pay for it through a card system. They say there is no way they can prepare suitable coffee for the thousands of passengers aboard but they can prepare for at least half of them at a given cost. It is high time that Princess bite the bullet and accept the fact that their coffee is ruining their repretation and that there can be and should be an answer to this problem It is not rocket science...

Would someone please describe the Princess coffee machines. Are they similar to the Douwe Egbert ones that you often see in hospital cafeterias and other buffets?

At home we grind coffee for each pot and use a french press. Do I expect that on board--no! Do I mind buying a coffee card -no! It will be used for the daily latte that we treat ourselves to when we are on holiday and if we need to--a regular cup of brewed coffee. My big question is how to get a good cup of coffee first thing in the morning from room service apart from packing a pot!

Would someone please describe the Princess coffee machines. Are they similar to the Douwe Egbert ones that you often see in hospital cafeterias and other buffets?

At home we grind coffee for each pot and use a french press. Do I expect that on board--no! Do I mind buying a coffee card -no! It will be used for the daily latte that we treat ourselves to when we are on holiday and if we need to--a regular cup of brewed coffee. My big question is how to get a good cup of coffee first thing in the morning from room service apart from packing a pot!

Princess does not have coffee machines ala Douwe. What you have are coffee/sludge dispensers.

There is no way of getting a good cup of coffee from room service; in the morning or ever.

HI, I am new to this board and planning an Alaskan cruise tour next summer. My TA told me that there are coffee pots in the rooms..can anyone verify this?

Also, this coffee card i have been reading about..they charge for this?

Thanks

HI, I am new to this board and planning an Alaskan cruise tour next summer. My TA told me that there are coffee pots in the rooms..can anyone verify this?

Also, this coffee card i have been reading about..they charge for this?

Thanks

No coffee machines, you can order from room service ,,if you want the worlds worst coffee!

The card is the way to go,,,If I remember correctly its $24.95. Best value on the ship....

Archived