Coffee!!

Holey

Thank you for your recent e-mail regarding your upcoming cruise next month.

In regards to the Coffee card it can only be used on the sailing in which it was purchased on and can not be used on another sailing.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Should have any further questions please free to call our Reservation Department and one of our agents will be happy to assist you.

(personally, it sounds like a good deal anyway!)

I had read the info about the un-used portion of the coffee card not being valid on subsequent cruise on the boards...There are a couple of threads about it. I was hoping that it was not true...I think the coffee card is still a good deal.

Can the coffee card be used in the MDR for the speciality coffee that is offered??

I had read the info about the un-used portion of the coffee card not being valid on subsequent cruise on the boards...There are a couple of threads about it. I was hoping that it was not true...I think the coffee card is still a good deal.

Can the coffee card be used in the MDR for the speciality coffee that is offered??

Yes it can be used in the MDR, that is where we used most of the punches on ours.

Thank you for your recent e-mail regarding your upcoming cruise next month.

In regards to the Coffee card it can only be used on the sailing in which it was purchased on and can not be used on another sailing.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Should have any further questions please free to call our Reservation Department and one of our agents will be happy to assist you.

(personally, it sounds like a good deal anyway!)

Personally, this sounds like a "crock." Unless that card is dated and/or has ship's name, there if nothing to differentiate it from any other card.

Personally, this sounds like a "crock." Unless that card is dated and/or has ship's name, there if nothing to differentiate it from any other card.

plus it contradicts what the server who sold me my last card told me. This wouldn't be the first time Princess customer service gave out incorrect information.:rolleyes:

YES! I used mine almost every night in the dining room!! Your waiter will punch your card.

After reading about the cards only being good for the one cruise.....

I emailed Princess customer service last night...!

"Are the "coffee cards" that we buy on ship for specialty coffee's ...now only good for THAT one particular cruise & ship?"

And...

....Early this morning I got an email back, that says... It is OK to use your purchased coffee card on other ships!....

Not trying to get in an arguement with anyone, but this makes a little more sense!.... :)

(Their email has a bunch of "confidentiality" stuff at the bottom, so as not to cause any undo stress to anyone, I'm not "cut & pasting" or posting "word for word". However,... simple enough to ask for yourself if your curious!)

DW and I "test drove" Iced Via the other day and it was real good for instant. All you need it water and ice. We added some vanilla soy milk and it was devine. I think the coffee card is the way to go for most of your coffee. (We are coffee snobs) I'm one of those people who need some coffee before I get up and go fetch coffee.

Why I do declare... That is what comes to mind when I hear posters tell us that they do not mind the coffee. Coffee should not be just "minded" it should be enjoyed. And there is nowhere between here and the remnants of the Titanic that anyone can say they ENJOY Princess' coffee. Odd that they can prepare and serve, for a price, a decent cup of coffee aboard but you have to pay for it through a card system. They say there is no way they can prepare suitable coffee for the thousands of passengers aboard but they can prepare for at least half of them at a given cost. It is high time that Princess bite the bullet and accept the fact that their coffee is ruining their repretation and that there can be and should be an answer to this problem It is not rocket science...

Here, here and touchet'!

I'm glad to hear everyone else's responses regarding the coffee cards (other than the rep who responded to my email!) - I had planned to purchase my first one at the end of this month based on what others have written ... and will be sure to leave at least one hole unpunched to save for future cruises!

Here, here and touchet'!

Maybe Princess thinks if they improve the coffee, all the folks who need good coffee, may NOT BUY the coffee cards?

No coffee cards, no revenue from the sale of coffee cards...just a thought. ;)

Just got off the Golden yesterday. I stopped by the IC for one last mocha, and the barista (Aleksandar from Montenegro, one of my favorite staff members on board!) saw that I still had several punches left and told me to save it and use it on my next cruise. That card was already on it's second cruise, and will hopefully go again next summer.

As long as the vast majority of passengers drink the coffee and don't complain, Princess won't change a thing. From their standpoint, i.e., the lack of complaints, the coffee is fine. Posting on a message board isn't going to give them the feedback you want them to hear. Just sayin'.

As long as the vast majority of passengers drink the coffee and don't complain, Princess won't change a thing. From their standpoint, i.e., the lack of complaints, the coffee is fine. Posting on a message board isn't going to give them the feedback you want them to hear. Just sayin'.

Hello, "Pam in CA."

You ended your message with the words, "Just sayin'."

May we ask what that means? We have noticed people starting to use that expression, all of a sudden, without anyone ever having explained what it means.

We have been around a long, long time, and nobody ever used to say, "Just sayin'," to each other, so we don't know what it means. Does the meaning change from one context to another? What did it mean in your (above) context, and why did you think that it would be helpful to add it to what you had already written?

Please don't misunderstand us as attacking you, which is something that we don't want to do. We just want to grasp the new (apparently idiomatic) meaning of that phrase, which (literally speaking) doesn't really have any meaning.

Thanks, in advance.

Hello, "Pam in CA."

You ended your message with the words, "Just sayin'."

May we ask what that means? We have noticed people starting to use that expression, all of a sudden, without anyone ever having explained what it means.

We have been around a long, long time, and nobody ever used to say, "Just sayin'," to each other, so we don't know what it means. Does the meaning change from one context to another? What did it mean in your (above) context, and why did you think that it would be helpful to add it to what you had already written?

Please don't misunderstand us as attacking you, which is something that we don't want to do. We just want to grasp the new (apparently idiomatic) meaning of that phrase, which (literally speaking) doesn't really have any meaning.

Thanks, in advance.

May I suggest the website Urban Dictionary dot com? That'll keep you au courant with all the hep cat talk.

May I suggest the website Urban Dictionary dot com? That'll keep you au courant with all the hep cat talk.

... just saying ... a phrase used to indicate that we refuse to defend a claim we've made---in other words, that we refuse to offer reasons that what we've said is true ... PERSON-A: "I'm *just saying*, you should quit hanging out with her."

Thanks for passing that along, "quincytoo," but we still couldn't quite grasp the use of "just sayin'" -- stand-alone, at the end of a post -- by "Pam in CA," earlier in this thread. So we went to that Urban Dictionary site and searched on "just sayin'" (rather than "just saying") and got a page with six explanations of the phrase, some of which were very helpful.

As a result of this exploration, we've come to two conclusions:

(1) We don't like the phrase ("just sayin'") because it is too "sloppy-colloquial" -- not to mention that it was impossible for normal people like us to understand it without all this extra work.

(2) We don't like, and won't be using, the Urban Dictionary site, because it is filled with an incredibly disgusting degree of obscenity and casual, total acceptance of all kinds of sexual perversions and other immoral behaviors. It's the sort of place that would be a "hang-out" for the basest creatures on the planet, the kind of people one would not want to cruise with, folks who are dismantling all that has been good in human culture for millennia. We will gladly remain NOT "au courant with all the hep cat talk" from now on, but thanks for trying to help, "rdsqrl."

(Stepping off the soapbox.)

Thanks for passing that along, "quincytoo," but we still couldn't quite grasp the use of "just sayin'" -- stand-alone, at the end of a post -- by "Pam in CA," earlier in this thread. So we went to that Urban Dictionary site and searched on "just sayin'" (rather than "just saying") and got a page with six explanations of the phrase, some of which were very helpful.

As a result of this exploration, we've come to two conclusions:

(1) We don't like the phrase ("just sayin'") because it is too "sloppy-colloquial" -- not to mention that it was impossible for normal people like us to understand it without all this extra work.

(2) We don't like, and won't be using, the Urban Dictionary site, because it is filled with an incredibly disgusting degree of obscenity and casual, total acceptance of all kinds of sexual perversions and other immoral behaviors. It's the sort of place that would be a "hang-out" for the basest creatures on the planet, the kind of people one would not want to cruise with, folks who are dismantling all that has been good in human culture for millennia. We will gladly remain NOT "au courant with all the hep cat talk" from now on, but thanks for trying to help, "rdsqrl."

(Stepping off the soapbox.)

Do you mind if I ask where you are from and/or where you currently live?

Hey Pam... I like "Just sayin' " !!!

I find it a friendly, less formal way of expressing that one is just making a low-key, non-confrontational comment, in a worldwide online forum!

I'm just sayin', ya know? :)

Pam in Ca... You keep posting, because we enjoy what you have to add to the forum!

Hey Pam... I like "Just sayin' " !!!

I find it a friendly, less formal way of expressing that one is just making a low-key, non-confrontational comment, in a worldwide online forum!

I'm just sayin', ya know? :)

Pam in Ca... You keep posting, because we enjoy what you have to add to the forum!

I agree and say it too! It's a way of ending a point, without beating it death. :rolleyes:

Archived