English Guides Okinawa Japan

Anyone know if there are any English guides/tours Okinawa Japan please? Going in October on a cruise.

Hi, Just a suggestion.....

If you post your question on the Ports of Call , Asia board, you may tap into a wider circle of folk who have been there.

Anyone know if there are any English guides/tours Okinawa Japan please? Going in October on a cruise.

We were in Okinawa on Pacific Princess in 2006 - Theatres of War cruise. We did a Princess shorex with English speaking guides.

My advice would to do a shorex if you are there on a cruise. English speaking guides might all be contracted to the cruises.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Was just searching this board for our Australia cruise and came across this post. We are actually living here in Okinawa. It's a wonderful little island! With such a large military presence, it is very English friendly. A great resource for things to check out is Okinawahai.com

I do not know of any guides on island or tours not military affiliated, but renting a car and exploring by yourself is very simple!

We used a Goodwill Guide in Tokyo and she was amazing. I do know that they have them in other parts of Japan so do a Google search. You need to notify them well in advance and we had a group of 10 and we paid for all her expenses and lunch as well as giving her a small gift.

We used a Goodwill Guide in Tokyo and she was amazing. I do know that they have them in other parts of Japan so do a Google search. You need to notify them well in advance and we had a group of 10 and we paid for all her expenses and lunch as well as giving her a small gift.

We also used Goodwill Guides - all volunteers - organised through JNTO (Japan National Tourist Organisation). Some time ago and I am glad to read that the system is still working and now has a web site.

We had Goodwill Guides in Tokyo, Kyoto and Hiroshima, where it started raining cats and dogs and we bought umbrellas for all of us - apparently the right thing to do. Our guides in Tokyo and Kyoto were students, in Horoshima two women who were married to men working for the same company - seniority was properly observed between them. This was all organised months in advance through JNTO and did need written confirmation from them.

I envy you - our visit was a three week land based trip. We would love to do a cruise.

Enjoy

Colleen

Archived