Blowdryer in S class?

tophatgirl

Yes all bathrooms have a blow dryer, I personally don't like them and I bring my own (I just find that some of the dyers take a really long time to dry my hair).

I was in a CS on Solstice and an attachment would fit as it was a normal dryer, but on previous ships it was the blow dryer that attached to a wall so an attachment wouldn't fit.

I don't know from experience what is on your ship, but I'm sure someone can chime in on that!

I am traveling the Eclipse in December. I have curly hair (esp. in warm weather) and am wondering if there are blowdryers in the rooms? If so, do you think the end would fit a diffuser attachment? Thanks!

I have similiar hair. The diffuser doesn't fit the blow dryer. Also, the blow dryer has little power.

I always bring my own hair dryer and diffuser. It does take up space in your luggage. But, honestly, don't leave home without it.

Hi. here's a pic of the hairdryer on Equinox. It was fairly powerful, but you had to hold the button in, which is a pain. Not sure if it would take a diffuser attachment.

Click on the pic for a bit bigger view. :)

1827592427_005(43)Equinox.jpg.36f6769d836561086bc32d589bdd9aa6.jpg

I am traveling the Eclipse in December. I have curly hair (esp. in warm weather) and am wondering if there are blowdryers in the rooms? If so, do you think the end would fit a diffuser attachment? Thanks!

If you are in a Suite, in AquaClass, or in Concierge Class, there will be two blowdryers in your stateroom...

If you are in a Suite, in AquaClass, or in Concierge Class, there will be two blowdryers in your stateroom...

Are the 2 hairdryers in Aquaclass same as one pictured above? Just curious since I'm trying to reduce weight with my " hair gadgets " and my luggage in general . At home I usually use a hairdryer ( 1875 watts) a hot hair brush, curling iron , and flat iron ( Good grief! high maintenance hair huh?) well if that's not enough of a pain: my flat iron , and curling iron have no voltage converter button for the 2 nights precruise in Barcelona so I either have to A) buy a convertor and an adapter B) buy new hair gadgets or 3) just have bad hair for a couple days ! What's a girl to do!

Hi. here's a pic of the hairdryer on Equinox. It was fairly powerful, but you had to hold the button in, which is a pain. Not sure if it would take a diffuser attachment.

Click on the pic for a bit bigger view. :)

The hairdryer on the Eclipse is the same. It's in the desk drawer. And we were in a 1A, so you don't have to be in Concierge Class or above to get one.

You will be very upset if you do not bring your hair things. The blow dryer onboard is horrible. Enjoy your cruise with nice hair :D

On the contrary, I found the blow dryer to be just fine except that you had to hold the button down. I think you'll be fine with it if you determine your diffuser will fit on the end.

Thanks for the replies! I will have a curling iron and a straightener, was trying to avoid the dryer as well as the diffuser....jeez, need room for my shoes :D!! I, fortunately, do not have THICK hair so it doesn't take long to dry. I am going to chance it without my own dryer based on the photo above and remember to pack my anti-frizz stuff! Thanks for the replies!

Thanks for the replies! I will have a curling iron and a straightener, was trying to avoid the dryer as well as the diffuser....jeez, need room for my shoes :D!! I, fortunately, do not have THICK hair so it doesn't take long to dry. I am going to chance it without my own dryer based on the photo above and remember to pack my anti-frizz stuff! Thanks for the replies!

If you bring a little duct tape, you can tape the button down on the hair dryer to make it stay on while you are using it. Makes it easier on your hand.

Carole

Archived