haloween!

Holey

Hi to all, We are on the Emeraled Princes over Halloween, Do they do anything on the ship on the 31Oct?

Some areas are decorated with orange and black balloons, there are black cats and fake spider webs in some bars and the cruise staff wear costumes. You can wear your too.

We were on The Crown in 2010 and they had decorations around. Many of the crew were dressed in costumes, they had a party that night and there were quite a few guests dressed in costumes.

We were on a cruise on Holloween. It was fun , almost all of the dinning room crew dressed up, there were decorations all over the ship and our cruise critic group arranged to all have dinner together that evening in an anytime dinning room, most of us dressed up in costumes, some really elaborate , some just masks we all packed planning this. It was a fun time.

Cori

We have done about 3 cruises at Halloween time. Did not matter where we went relative to itinerary, Halloween was celebrated. MDR staff dressed in costumes as others have stated and passengers were invited to dress up and have some fun in the disco. I will never forget some folks dressing up as mummies, with toilet paper wrapped around their bodies, when we were on a cruise from Egypt. :D

All ships have some fun decor and great pumpkin carvings.

We are actually cruising this same cruise. As you can see from our past cruises, we tend to cruise mostly in the fall. Most of them just happened to be over Halloween. We always take costumes and actually won best costumes a few years back! Won't tell you what they were, because we might take them again this year. ;)

But, the ship is all decorated, the kids (as many as there are) trick or treat around the ship. Some of the crew get involved as well. It's a fun time!!

We sailed on the Emerald Halloween 2010 and will be aboard again this year for the holiday. Lots of passengers were prepared with fantastic costumes! There were two couples dressed as penguins -- absolutely adorable. They had the walk down and everything! I can't imagine packing a bulky costume (I have enough trouble keeping all my real clothes under the 50 lb. limit!) but it was a very fun day. There were great decorations, including in the atrium, where a huge table of carved pumpkins were on display. There was a Halloween party in the large lounge on the Promenade Deck. I can't wait to sail again this October!!

We were on the Golden for Halloween and it was alot of fun. Lots of people dressed up and the ship was decorated also. We were with a group of 10 and I made up goody bags for each of my friends and went down a bit earlier and had our waiter put them at all the places ahead of time. I had decorations for our door and so did alot of other people. They even had a coffin that you could get your picture taken in by the ship's photographer...it was really alot of fun. There was a costume party in the Explorer lounge with prizes. A lot of fun and some great costumes. I also made up a goody bag for our room steward and along with some candy, I put in some money for him to. He was a real nice guy so it was nice to make him happy to.

Looking forward to it. We dont seem to celebrate a lot in the uk.

But don't you have Guy Fawkes Night? When is that celebrated? One could come in costume bearing a wooden keg with a lit fuse? That should go over with a bang...

Halloween at sea is lots of fun. Check out the pumpkins in the atrium, lots of black and orange decorations. Lots of passengers dress up, it adds to the festive atmosphere. The dance party they have is fun---one year they even had a small haunted house. There's candy for the kids too.

There's a costume contest too, but don't bother to enter. There's only one way to win it. You have to be a big hairy guy dressed in very poor drag with great big fake (we hope!) boobies. This has been true every time we sailed on Halloween, and we've seen it beat out some really great stuff. That being said, we will still dress up, great fun! :)

Archived