eDocs

Hendricks Clan

After 14 Carnival cruises, and after completing 2 of those this past June and July, we have grown tired and bored of the product and the cutbacks that seem to be going on. We have booked the NCL Star for Thanksgiving this year. My question is once you pay in full on Carnival your eDocs available immediately, however I have paid our NCL Star cruise in full at time of booking, yet eDocs on "My NCL," says that they are pending. When are they made available? Does NCL still mail paper docs or luggage tags? Thanks in advance for your answers were excited about trying NCL and the Freestyle concept!

It can vary, but edocs are typically ready about 60 days prior to the cuise. You can print out a paper luggage tag with the edocs, but you should also eventually get a "Welcome Aboard" booklet that has some informational material and the old fashioned type of luggage tags included. The edocs however are your official cruise ticket.

Hi, I just got my edocs last week, for cruise on 28th August (24 days before) and then got the same documents, 2 days later, with the proper luggage tags, from the Travel Agent

Ditto to what the previous posters have said. My edocs became available about the middle of July for my Sept. 3 sailing. You can print off luggage tags in the edocs. But there are some in the Welcome Aboard book. Have a great cruise and welcome to NCL!

After 14 Carnival cruises, and after completing 2 of those this past June and July, we have grown tired and bored of the product and the cutbacks that seem to be going on. We have booked the NCL Star for Thanksgiving this year. My question is once you pay in full on Carnival your eDocs available immediately, however I have paid our NCL Star cruise in full at time of booking, yet eDocs on "My NCL," says that they are pending. When are they made available? Does NCL still mail paper docs or luggage tags? Thanks in advance for your answers were excited about trying NCL and the Freestyle concept!

You can also get the luggage tags at the pier when you board, so don't worry too much about them.

If you're using an NCL airport transfer service, the NCL reps at the airport often have luggage tags also.

That eDocs are not release until 28-21 days prior to sailing. I paid off our 10/30 sail on the Gem, and The NCL site will let me book Shore Ex's, even though the eDocs are still pending. We are first time on NCL but not first time cruisers, having sailed Carnival 2x and each of us sep. before(DW & I) were together on different lines, but it's been a few yrs since our last sailing, so the eDocs thing is new to me...

Bill(DrFootball)

("All of my heroes wear uniforms. Some even wear flight suits...")

That eDocs are not release until 28-21 days prior to sailing. I paid off our 10/30 sail on the Gem, and The NCL site will let me book Shore Ex's, even though the eDocs are still pending. We are first time on NCL but not first time cruisers, having sailed Carnival 2x and each of us sep. before(DW & I) were together on different lines, but it's been a few yrs since our last sailing, so the eDocs thing is new to me...

Bill(DrFootball)

Bill, I don't want to go against your TA ;) but this isn't exactly what always happens. I paid off my Gem cruise (sailing on 10/2) - final payment was 7/19 and I was doing the edoc dance 10 days later on my roll call on 7/29. See.... :D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=29974486&postcount=208

So they released them more than 60 days before sailing for our cruise.

And I just received notification today that my luggage tags are in the mail.

8/9/2011

Your Welcome Aboard Kit has been mailed to you. They contain the luggage tags, as well as useful information including helpful tips on travel arrangements, what to pack, what’s on board and a directory of the ship.

have been able to print my E-docs anywhere from 75-60 days out.

maybe the TA meant your Welcome Aboard Kit for the 28-21 days cos sometimes they dont come til a month before you sail--they have the luggage tags in there, but you can also print with your e-docs.

its so much easier to tag your bags before you get to the port--can be busy and hectic and last thing i want to be doing is trying to get tags for my bags.

if you use the paper ones just reinforce with packing tape--never had any rip so far.

the E-docs are your cruise ticket and you do need that along with the required identification (passport etc)

I am cruising October 16th on the Spirit and my edocs became available this week, I booked with NCL directly. Last year when I booked the Pearl through a online TA my edocs did not become available till 30 days prior to my cruise.

I am cruising October 16th on the Spirit and my edocs became available this week, I booked with NCL directly. Last year when I booked the Pearl through a online TA my edocs did not become available till 30 days prior to my cruise.

wether i have booked with NCL or thru my TA there has only been a week between the e-docs being ready.

usually when you book thru a TA they have final payment a week before the cruiseline.

That likely means your TA had you booked as part of a group, even if they didn't tell you. Generally the edocs for groups are not released until 30 days prior to sailing.

Bill, I don't want to go against your TA ;) but this isn't exactly what always happens. I paid off my Gem cruise (sailing on 10/2) - final payment was 7/19 and I was doing the edoc dance 10 days later on my roll call on 7/29. See.... :D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=29974486&postcount=208

So they released them more than 60 days before sailing for our cruise.

And I just received notification today that my luggage tags are in the mail.

8/9/2011

Your Welcome Aboard Kit has been mailed to you. They contain the luggage tags, as well as useful information including helpful tips on travel arrangements, what to pack, what’s on board and a directory of the ship.

Then I accede to Michele's much deeper experience on the topic!!:)

As soon as Mine are released I will Do your "eDoc Dance!!":D

(too bad i'm not on your sailing!)

Bill(DrFootball)

Hi ( Hendricks Clan)

Just came across your posting on this board and read that

you will be cruising at Thanksgiving aboard the ship " Star "

I have a thread on the NCL Star roll calls board and would like to invite

you to come aboard and chat. It's the " Holiday Cruisers " 11-20-2011.

This is my first time cruising on NCL. I too is looking forward to the

freestyle concept.

Katie

Yes, it's too bad! :D We could have edoc danced together! :) Have a great cruise!

THANKS! Please do what you can to provide us with "late Intelligence" on our objective-HOOAH!(it's an Army Thing!):D:D

Bill(DrFootball)

("there are Pilots, then there are ARMY pilots…")

Bill's Brainiac Random Quote Generator V0.94 final beta for Mac

THANKS! Please do what you can to provide us with "late Intelligence" on our objective-HOOAH!(it's an Army Thing!):D:D

Bill(DrFootball)

("there are Pilots, then there are ARMY pilots…")

Oh believe me, by the time I am done, you will know the toilet paper brand they use on the Gem. :p My reviews are a little, um, extensive. ;) lol

Oh believe me, by the time I am done, you will know the toilet paper brand they use on the Gem. :p My reviews are a little, um, extensive. ;) lol

Call us "crazy" Michelle, But when you get to be our age,..you bring your own TP! :D:D:D (ok now we can start the "what TP do you bring Thread!")

Bill(DrFootball)

Call us "crazy" Michelle, But when you get to be our age,..you bring your own TP! :D:D:D (ok now we can start the "what TP do you bring Thread!")

Please make sure you bring the kind that doesn't dissolve quickly !! That will bring life to numerous threads about clogged plumbing on the ship !!:D:D

Archived