Bermuda with small children - best activities...

Sunshine424

So far we are planning on at least going to Horseshoe Bay 1 or 2 mornings. Anything else a must do with a 2 and a 4 year old? We will have 3 days.

We were also looking at the Aquarium and maybe the crystal caves. Are they worth the trip? Good or not good with that age group? If it makes a difference we go to the NY aquarium regularly.

Has anyone done snorkel park? Just wondering if it is worth going one morning just because it is so close to the ship.

We had considered a glass bottom boat excursion but almost all of them were for ages 3 and up so our 2 year old wouldn't be able to do it. There was one that didn't have an age but it is all in the sun and friends told us it wasn't worth doing. I'm a bit nervous about a small boat because my 4 year old gets motion sickness.

The best is jacobs cove, it is in the ocean but blocked by huge bolders making it a very shallow calm pool. It is about 4 ft deep. Make sure you have the right beach, the one next to it was a little rough and has a very steep beach. You can also check out shelly's bay for kids it has a small playground. The only thing is that any beach other than Horeshoe bay has very limited access to bathrooms or none at all.

Also, on the glass bottom boat they tell you not to look through the bottom while in transit to the reef to avoid motion sickness. My observation is that smaller children could not resist looking and a couple turned green in April. I agree with the previous poster - the glass bottom boat rates as one of my most disappointing excursions ever when you consider how it was advertised. That being said the crew of the boat was great and we happened to see some sea turtles at the surface (much better than anything we saw through the glass bottom).

We did snorkel park our last morning becuase it was near the ship. I would say it was "ok". The beach was crowed becuase it was near the ship and it was our last day. My teen was happy to get in the water in April (too cold for me). The staff was friendly but very strict about enforcing the admission fee. Also the day were were there I would say the restrooms could of used some cleaning but it is hard to keep them clean in a beach environment.

The people who I talked to who did snorkle park on our cruise in June complained about it. It is a man made beach in the Dockyard. There really isn't any reason to go there.

We are going back in October. So we have EXACTLY what you have planned. I love horseshoe. LOVE LOVE LOVE :D But we go to the left of horseshoe and start walking away from the crowds. We will just walk enough to stay close to the facilities (when needed) - but far enough to be by ourselves.

Some reported that they liked the night time boat tours. I figured the kids will be too pooped out by then.

You don't have a day to take the ferry over to St. George. That is probably going to be on our things to do.

We loved the aquarium and the little zoo attached to it and think it would be great for little ones. If you can go to St. Georges the day they have the little dunking reenactment, that's fun for kids as well.

Archived