I am tooo excited....

KrystalWaters

I am so excited right now i have tears in my eyes. Our 10year wedding anniversary is in 2014. My husband knows how my dream is to cruise through Europe especially France. My darling hubby just looked at me and told me to find an international cruise and book it for our anniversary. :eek:My jaw just dropped. He knows how important this is for me.

I am fairly new on this boards but i feel so much at home here. I've only cruised Carnival, so i "don't know any better". My question to you is which cruiseline would you pick for your European cruise?

I know 2014 is not up yet but i love to do my research on different cruiselines. We can not afford the ultra exclusive but since this is a special occassion something really nice would be great.

Thanks

i guess i was too excited!

Don't get upset yet! There's a lot of talk at Carnival HQ about positioning a ship in Europe in the near future... full time. So, just keep researching ports of call and let's hope something comes out of Miami in the relatively near future for you!

:)

I am so excited right now i have tears in my eyes. Our 10year wedding anniversary is in 2014. My husband knows how my dream is to cruise through Europe especially France. My darling hubby just looked at me and told me to find an international cruise and book it for our anniversary. :eek:My jaw just dropped. He knows how important this is for me.

I am fairly new on this boards but i feel so much at home here. I've only cruised Carnival, so i "don't know any better". My question to you is which cruiseline would you pick for your European cruise?

I know 2014 is not up yet but i love to do my research on different cruiselines. We can not afford the ultra exclusive but since this is a special occassion something really nice would be great.

Thanks

I'm excited for you. The relly good news is you have a couple years to put some $$ away for this anniversary present.:D

Last summer we went on a cruise to the British Isles on the Crown Princess and it was wonderful. Our ports were England, Ireland, Scotland and France. We took the Princess tour to Paris and had a great time, only one day though.:( You could fly into Paris pre-cruise and then got to Southhampton England where the ship leaves from. Or get off the ship in France at the end of the cruise. This must be pre-approved by the cruise line. Some people on our ship did that. One of the couples traveling with us were thinking about this, but it was too much hassle. Pre-cruise would be the easiest way to go. Ask your travel agent. Don't know if Carnival goes to France. But I can only recommend Princess for this tour. We all LOVED Paris!

Several years ago my husband and I did a med cruise on Princess we LOVED IT! We went to Italy, Spain,Trukey and Greece. It was a very port intensive cruise and the tours were long (6-8 hrs) because the sights are not close to the port. There is nothing like taking a gondola ride in Venice or seeing the Leaning tower of Pisa. Which ever cruise line you take you will have memories that last a lifetime.

Thanks everyone for their input. I think we either are going to cruise(which I would like) or just fly into Paris (which I would love) either way would be outstanding. I believe the cruise probably would be the most cost effective. :)

Definetly take Holland America Line (prisendam) my dh and i took this cruise in 2009 left from italy went to several places in france, italy, portugal, belgium, and ended in amsterdam, holland. We had a great time, and this ship has walkin closets full size bathrooms (including tub). The service was amazing.

We have done two land tours and three Europe cruises (all cruises on Princess). I highly recommend the cruises. You do have to decide on a region. I loved our sampler of Europe called European Explorer that went from Rome to London with stops in Florence, Cannes, Barcelona, Gibraltar, Casablanca, Lisbon, Cadiz, and LeHarve. The Normandy beaches from LeHarve was the highlight of the cruise for us. Our favorite Europe cruise was from Athens to Venice. This was called the Holy Land cruise and included two days in Egypt and two days in Israel as well as stops at Santorini, Patmos, Kusadisi for Ephesus, and Split Croatia. This May we took the Princess Imperial Treasures land tour which covered Prague, Budapest, Vienna and Berlin before we joined the ship in Copenhagen for a Baltic cruise. Our other land trip was to London and we took the chunnel to Paris. We loved the train trip but wouldn't plan another trip to Paris as the Normandy region and the south of France are much more attractive to us. Good luck with your decision. You will have fun whatever you choose I think.

If you want to see the country side of a country, the best way is to do a land tour. We did this 21 yrs ago and highly reccommend it. You get to see so much more of the country than you would on a cruise or cruise excursion. Ours was a 21 day tour of Europe, but you can do it by individual countries.

I'm excited for you. The relly good news is you have a couple years to put some $$ away for this anniversary present.:D

Exactly! I think that's why my hubby said that to start looking now for budgeting reasons. If i can finalize the cruiseline then i can watch when they have a) a sale b) 2014 calendar

Our anniversary is in June but he said anytime in 2014 would work. So I can just find the most economical cruise during that year.

Don't get upset yet! There's a lot of talk at Carnival HQ about positioning a ship in Europe in the near future... full time. So, just keep researching ports of call and let's hope something comes out of Miami in the relatively near future for you!

:)

Mach, this would be "ideal" so i can just keep cruising Carnival. I was thinking the way Carnival has been putting out ships lately there may be a good chance that there would be a new ship in 2014.

If not that is why i'm wondering what other cruiseline is worth looking at. I know we all have our favorites but i'm lost as to where to start.

How about Oceania cruise lines? The often have specials - 2 for 1 and included airfare (but those are probably more year out bookings).

this what i'm wanting. It's not until 2014 so that's one cruiseline i will definitely look into. I'm all about 2 for 1 w/airfare. :D

Archived