Luggage valet time for Freedom?

Just off FOS - we did luggage valet - the form stated 12 or later. We lucked out as our flight was at 12:07!

Did all the Luggage Valet people have to meet in the morning to go through customs? I did Luggage Valet on 2 of my cruises and for some reason I keep thinking on one of them the LV people had to meet somewhere the morning of debarkation to be taken though customs. Thank you in advance for any info!

Did all the Luggage Valet people have to meet in the morning to go through customs? I did Luggage Valet on 2 of my cruises and for some reason I keep thinking on one of them the LV people had to meet somewhere the morning of debarkation to be taken though customs. Thank you in advance for any info!

This also happened to us on one of our Eastern Caribbean cruises into Port Everglades from the IOS...We had to meet in the Arcadia Theatre VERY early as a group and literally be "LED" off the ship and my flight out of FLL wasn't until 1:30pm...We were very upset over this...However we were told that we had to do this in order to participate in the valet program...On the year before that (same cruise) it was not the case......and we could get off any time....So now I ask before signing up for the luggage valet option on each cruise, what the policy is going to be for that days debarkation....;)

We didn't have to meet anywhere. If doing the valet, you don't have to wait for a group number to be called or wait in any particular spot - you are free to just leave the ship anytime after 7am. We ate breakfast, went back to the room, hung out and waited on the rest of our family to get ready. Once we knew our shuttle was there, we got off the ship.

The last day, you will get an envelope with your boarding passes and 2 luggage tags - one for the airline (checking your luggage all the way to your final airport) and one neon one with Valet on it. You don't use the tags left for you with the various group numbers. Just the 2 that come with your boarding passes. There are instructions on the front of the envelope. My parents put their first luggage tags (with the group numbers) on as well as the valet tags but it didn't matter - the luggage arrived at our home airport as expected.

When getting off the ship, crew will be asking you what your group number is so they can direct you to your luggage - you will not have one - so I just said "We did valet - no luggage" - you go thru customs and out the door! Simple and worth every penny in my opinion! ;)

We didn't have to meet anywhere. If doing the valet, you don't have to wait for a group number to be called or wait in any particular spot - you are free to just leave the ship anytime after 7am. We ate breakfast, went back to the room, hung out and waited on the rest of our family to get ready. Once we knew our shuttle was there, we got off the ship.

The last day, you will get an envelope with your boarding passes and 2 luggage tags - one for the airline (checking your luggage all the way to your final airport) and one neon one with Valet on it. You don't use the tags left for you with the various group numbers. Just the 2 that come with your boarding passes. There are instructions on the front of the envelope. My parents put their first luggage tags (with the group numbers) on as well as the valet tags but it didn't matter - the luggage arrived at our home airport as expected.

When getting off the ship, crew will be asking you what your group number is so they can direct you to your luggage - you will not have one - so I just said "We did valet - no luggage" - you go thru customs and out the door! Simple and worth every penny in my opinion! ;)

Thank you so much for the info. Our flight is at 12:30 so we will be able to use LV and hopefully will be as smooth as your experience.

@Ashland -

Thank you - I thought I was remembering that correctly about going down as a group (although my son said he couldnt remember.) I certainly hope to have the same outcome as sungifts but I am going to be sure and ask so I know what I am getting myself in to.

Archived