eggs benedict for room service breakfast?

nuekruizer

I booked a sky suite on Summit and was looking forward to being served breakfast in suite. Can you order eggs benedict (my favorite) even tho it is not on the room service menu? Someone mentioned that they ordered waffles, but were turned down. I didnt want to trudge to the MDR if possible.

You can ask your butler ahead of time on this. This can likely be arrainged at least on some mornings. Mornings of early port days might be the most difficult as room service is extremely busy those days - especially so if it is a heavy touring port like Rome or Florence where a large percentage of the passengers head out and do it early.

FYI - all the ships now have a station in the buffet devoted to eggs Benedict and different variations of the dish. A great place to get them nice and fresh and hot. Personally, my experience with room service would lead me to believe that getting this dish nice and hot and fresh from room service might be chancy at best and eggs Benedict wouldn't appeal to me if it wasn't hot and fresh. At the same time your chances for a nice dish are way higher in a suite with butler than in any other stateroom.

You can ask your butler ahead of time on this. This can likely be arrainged at least on some mornings. Mornings of early port days might be the most difficult as room service is extremely busy those days - especially so if it is a heavy touring port like Rome or Florence where a large percentage of the passengers head out and do it early.

FYI - all the ships now have a station in the buffet devoted to eggs Benedict and different variations of the dish. A great place to get them nice and fresh and hot. Personally, my experience with room service would lead me to believe that getting this dish nice and hot and fresh from room service might be chancy at best and eggs Benedict wouldn't appeal to me if it wasn't hot and fresh. At the same time your chances for a nice dish are way higher in a suite with butler than in any other stateroom.

Everytime I read about Eggs Benedict, for some strange reason, I get excited about our forthcoming cruise :cool: ... never thought to ask before but Celebrity doesn't frown on bringing back a plate of food back to your cabin, do they? Never had a problem with that while on our Princess cruises

Everytime I read about Eggs Benedict, for some strange reason, I get excited about our forthcoming cruise :cool: ... never thought to ask before but Celebrity doesn't frown on bringing back a plate of food back to your cabin, do they? Never had a problem with that while on our Princess cruises

Nope, not a problem.

Thats funny

I would get 3 plates worth of food sometimes.. I wish I were an octopuss sometimes

Until I saw the "eggs benedict station" I didn't know there were so many variations. The fresh eggs benedicts and the waffles just off the iron with fresh fruit and real whipped cream are what make breakfast special.

Of course the balcony is pretty hard to beat. We've found if we write in what we want on the breakfast hang tag that's not on the menu, many times we get it. I think it depends on how busy they are. On the same cruise we've had different outcomes.

Archived