4 in a stateroom

magic50

Three friends an i would like to go on a cruise together - can four adults comfortably share a balcony stateroom. Having sailed before on royal caribbean i know there is a single bed above the double bed so that takes care of three people. I know that there is a pullout couch but as far as i know it is not recommended for anyone over 12 years of age. So my question is - Where does the fourth person sleep?

It has been suggested to also use the shower in the spa. This is free and doesn't tie up your bathroom. I have seen cabins with two pull downs and with a sofa and a pull down. Have also seen crowded cabins with the roll-a-away.

Hopefully, you are all friends and all laid back. Things will be tight. I would compare the cost of a second cabin vs. the third & fourth passenger rate.

If you do go for one cabin. I would find the nearest public restroom. Never know when you will be in a hurry.

I agree with what's being said here. You will probably all fit in the cabin, but I don't think that you will be comfortable. And couldn't that bring out tension between the four of you, as well as you may get along? I can live with four adults in one hotel room for a night or two, but I would never cruise with four adults in a stateroom. I need my privacy every now and then :D

Cindy

Adults can sleep on the sofa bed...I've done it but it will never be as comfortable as a real bed. You could get a cabin with an upper berth and a sofa bed, or get a cabin with 2 upper berths. To ask if all 4 of you can fit comfortably.....that all depends. It will be very crowded and for me, I would get 2 cabins. If you all stay together I hope you like each other.

You can get cabins that have the 2 twins and the two overhead beds that pull down (can't for the life of me remember the name). DON'T, EVER get the sofa thing. We tried that once for 3 in a room and never ever will be do the sofa again. Sleeps horrible and is a big pain in the butt when it's out. We did the pull-downs for 4 on one cruise because one of the four was really in a spot for money. You have to have a really good sense of humor and be flexible, but for us (4 women, no less), it was one of our most favorite cruises. The cramped cabin became such a source of jokes for us and everyone on the cruise!!! While it wasn't really possible, we would laugh that one of the two on the top bunks woke up during the night and rubbed her eyes...with the outstreched hand of the friend on the bunk next to her (LOL). We did use the showers in the gym a few times, but we had an assembly line going at night for dinner. One showered while the next person got their bath items ready. Number 1 out of shower and 2 in shower while 1 drys hair at dresser while 3 gets bath ready and number 1 is putting away their things and begins straightening the cabin and the rotation begins. We had a time limit on shower time and everyone was really good about it. We've never laughed so much on any cruise since...of course we've never done 4 to a cabin since, but it really can be done if no one is a "DIVA"...(LOL).

The only quad cabin I ever had was on the old Carnival Inspiration in mid-Dec. 2001. Long story, but I'd won a free 7-night for two on the Carnival Sensation from Tampa on 9-15-2001. Paid extra for other daughter and their friend, and had a 4A quad. Well, needless to say, that cruise didn't happen! Carnival switched us to to the Inspiration Western from NO on 12-15-2001. The different airlines acommodated us as well. The girls were all 19-21 at that time. Well, travel at that time was pretty "tense", but we had a great time! I will say that the standard Fantasy class Carnival cabins at that time were pretty big, and the bathroom was the biggest of any ship I've cruised on before or since. Really, you could put six people in there! Two lower and two upper beds. Plenty of room for luggage storage. I, being "The Mom", had first choice of beds (the lower one facing the TV), and first choice of shower times. We really were greeted very warmly at our ports, because not many people had been there in months! We got all kinds of discounts (Cozumel, Montego Bay, Grand Cayman). Didn't even get hustled, harassed, or scammed in Jamaica! We really did have lots of fun! I haven't seen standard cabins that size since then. Did a triple on the HAL Zuiderdam, and I got the single chair pull-out, while DD and SIL got the big bed. My choice. Cabin was big enough, but tiny bathroom! So....you take your chances!

I agree with the above comments. I guess that for me, at least, sharing a cabin with 4 people would be a nightmare. OMG! Get 2 rooms. It's not like you can see the cabin first and then go down to the Purser's Office to change it. Seldom happens as there are generally no cabins available. If I had to, I'd get an inside for two rather than a balcony for four. And, sleeping on a balcony (if you were wondering) is not realistic for a variety of reasons. Good Luck!

Have done it twice. It is tight but can work. Can't be modest tho. Get in take a shower, brush teeth and get out of the bathroom. I brought a mirror with a section cup stuck it to the wall and sat on the bunk to do make up. One used the full length mirror, and the other the vanity. The fourth who showered last got the bathroom mirror and dryer in there. We brought a portable hairdryer so two could dry hair at the vanity. We had a great time.

Archived