Playa PortoMari?

SassyGirl

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
How difficult is it to get a taxi back to the ship? Are there taxis waiting around to take you back or do you need to pre-arange for one to come back to get you?

I doubt it is difficult to get a taxi back. We had made arrangements for our drivers (10 of us, so 2 taxis) to come back to pick us up at an appointed time. If we had not done so I am sure that the folks at the bar/restaurant could have telephoned one for us. Enjoy Playa Porto Mari!

Thanks Arubalisa. We've been looking for a place to snorkle from the beach and this looks like a great place. Our main concern is always easy transportation to/from. Running down the dock as the ship pulls away is not something we want to find ourselves doing.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The taxi driver said it would be a 45 minute ride, but it ended up being only about a half hour tops. He charged us $10 per person each way in December. Beautiful beach. :) Delta airlines even uses a small photo of it on their website.

skysaver.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

just wanted to be sure that everyone understood the taxi rates. they charge by the vehicle, not the person. so.. $40 to the beach and only 2 of you is $20 each way pp. obviously, it is much cheaper if you can fill upthe cab or van. as for the beach, water shoes are suggested. the beaches in curacao are not the same as aruba. the sand is darker and coarser and tends to have lots of stones and coral as you enter the water.having said that this beach has it all: great setting, beautiful clear water, good snorkeling, decent facilities incuding food. don't miss the 15 minute trail hike up the cliffs that lead to incredible views. well worth the effort.

steve

• 3 weeks later...
just wanted to be sure that everyone understood the taxi rates. they charge by the vehicle, not the person. so.. $40 to the beach and only 2 of you is $20 each way pp. obviously, it is much cheaper if you can fill upthe cab or van. as for the beach, water shoes are suggested. the beaches in curacao are not the same as aruba. the sand is darker and coarser and tends to have lots of stones and coral as you enter the water.having said that this beach has it all: great setting, beautiful clear water, good snorkeling, decent facilities incuding food. don't miss the 15 minute trail hike up the cliffs that lead to incredible views. well worth the effort.

steve

So your saying the cost is PER taxi, NOT per person. I have a family of 7 and with the $10pp we were looking into renting a van from avis for a few hours instead of taking a taxi. But with the cost being per taxi then that is doable.

Thanks for the update.

• 1 month later...

cruisecookie, perhaps you could see if people on your roll call wanted to make up a group to go to Playa Porto Mari? That's what we did and we had a full van. We went early in the A.M. and let our driver know we wanted to spend about 2 1/2 hrs there and so he waited for us.

Arubalisa - yet another question for you. For those of us who are beginner/medium skilled snorkelers do they provide flotation vests? I have booked a HAL shorex to Playa PortoMari which includes equipment - I was just curious. Anyone else know about this? Thanks, looks like a great spot!

Rustaroo, when we went, the dive shop that rented equipment did not have flotation vests. We have our own equipment, but one of the people who rode with us did not equipment and needed a vest, and so I loaned her mine to use. You HAL excursion will surely provide vests along with your other equipment.

• 2 weeks later...

steve

So then what does the cab cost to this beach each way? Everyone keeps saying $10 per person. But they are not saying how many were in the cab (was it 2 or 4)?

Archived