Epic Toddler Swimming

travelrevealed

Will be traveling with a 1 year old on the Epic and am wondering if they will be allowed in the Aqua Park kids area? From reading other posts I gather they probably can't go in the pool (even with a swim diaper), but what about the water geysers/splash zone area etc.?

near the bottom or the waterslides there is an area geared toward the smallest of kids water statues splash water and the kids seemed very content there. In the pool, Id recommend not being in there with the 1 yr old in that other kids can get a little rowdy and i wouldnt want your child to get hurt. Id blame this on the lack of discipline from the parents the kids themselves and the small size of the pool. definitely not big enough to accommodate the number of passengers

You're correct that non-potty trained children are not allowed in any of the pools, not even with a swim diaper. The same rules apply to the water park kids area. Even though there is no standing water, the water is filtered through the same system as the rest of the water park and pools.

beachchick

This same subject was brought up on another forum (cruise critic) the other day and it got quite nasty. Bottom line, DO NOT EVEN THINK OF PUTTING AN UNTRAINED CHILD IN ANY POOL. The thread was pulled, not surprisingly.

We just had a water fountain park open in downtown Columbus, Ohio, a few weeks ago.

The thing has already been shut down FOUR times because of feces found in it.

And the report that really made me sit up and take notice was that they only remove the feces and then "sanitize" the recirculating water. Yuck.

No, NCL does not have any water play area for non-potty trained babies/toddlers in diapers on any of their ships.

I think this is something that NCL should seriously consider adding like RCI and Disney has when they build the Breakaways.

Come on over to the Family Board to get more tips on cruising with toddlers http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49

No, NCL does not have any water play area for non-potty trained babies/toddlers in diapers on any of their ships.

I think this is something that NCL should seriously consider adding like RCI and Disney has when they build the Breakaways.

Come on over to the Family Board to get more tips on cruising with toddlers http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49

I agree with you and thanks to you and beachchick for the helpful responses that actually had something to do with the OP's question. :)

And just to play the Devils advocate. I have seen small ones in swimmers in the kids area on every cruise I have been on that has a kids area.

For what its worth.. ;)

And for what it's worth, they have been the cause of those pools to be shut down on every single cruise I've been on and my kids to lose a sea day to swim while the pools are cleaned out. ;)

So I apreciate it when parents follow the rules. :)

And just to play the Devils advocate. I have seen small ones in swimmers in the kids area on every cruise I have been on that has a kids area.

For what its worth.. ;)

I am afraid you are right. I quit the hot tubs on the Sun last year due to this. Complaint made no difference...total nonenforcement of their own rules and with no health department to make tests, a very unhealthy situation.

Archived