Custom Drink Requests

HTML5

I'm looking to get away from my usual Manhattans and Martinis on my upcoming cruise and have be researching some new drinks.

Are the ship's bartenders usually agreeable to mixing a custom drink? Would they get offended if I handed them a recipe?

I'm willing to add a tip to the built in gratuity if I can get the drink I want made the way I want. :D

Thanks!

I inquired (well actually my "other half") and she was told by the bartender that he would be more than willing to make a drink not listed, but that he'd have to find a drink similar in the amount of alcohol in the menu to charge to her Seapass. That made sense to both of us because you couldn't charge the price of a drink with 1 shot for a customer requested drink with 3 or 4 shots in it.

In short, yep..they are willing to make drink requests, as you said, just be willing to tip your friendly neighborhood bartender ;)

I'm looking to get away from my usual Manhattans and Martinis on my upcoming cruise and have be researching some new drinks.

Are the ship's bartenders usually agreeable to mixing a custom drink? Would they get offended if I handed them a recipe?

I'm willing to add a tip to the built in gratuity if I can get the drink I want made the way I want. :D

Thanks!

we were on silver seas last june and i brought a cocktail book along. the bartender seemed to really like the idea. we had marked some drinks that sounded good and told him to go to town. some where hits some not so, but it was lots of fun, and at the end we left the book for him.:D

i think its a great idea! check on ebay they are really cheap or a $1 book store.

anthony

For a while I was on a real daquiri kick (non-frozen). Unfortunately most of the bartenders had a problem making it correctly then it can also be hard to get a good mojito on board. But I can assure you - they make a really bang up gin and tonic!!! :D

For a while I was on a real daquiri kick (non-frozen). Unfortunately most of the bartenders had a problem making it correctly then it can also be hard to get a good mojito on board. But I can assure you - they make a really bang up gin and tonic!!! :D

Forget that mojito...........try a caipirinha. They make GOOD ones on board!

Forget that mojito...........try a caipirinha. They make GOOD ones on board!

Best caipirinha I've ever had!

In addition, during our last cruise we had a cold, wet day and I asked for a hot toddy to take the chill off. Though it wasn't on the drinks menu and - I swear I didn't know this beforehand - there wasn't any way to get tea at the bar, the bar back went nearly halfway across the ship to the Seattle's Best kiosk to get me tea, the bartender made the toddy, and I was only charged for the brandy that went into it. Needless to say they got a very nice extra tip.

Archived