Bringing Wine on Board

luvtacruise27

Wondering how it works with Carnival as far as bringing wine on board (1 bottle per person) and a six pack of soda? Does that mean they will not take it and deliver it to your cabin when boarding the ship. You can just take it with you in your carry on?:confused:

Thanks for any answers you have.

Luvtacruise27

Wondering how it works with Carnival as far as bringing wine on board (1 bottle per person) and a six pack of soda? Does that mean they will not take it and deliver it to your cabin when boarding the ship. You can just take it with you in your carry on?:confused:

Thanks for any answers you have.

Luvtacruise27

Nope, they wont take it, you get to take it with you up to the cabin when they become available at 1:30. We bring a couple bottles of wine with us and it hasn't been a big hassle, although I might feel differently if we were also bringing on sodas.

their policy is stupid if you ask me. The airlines require us to put bottles of wine in our checked back yet Carnival requires us to carry it on. So dont do as I have in the past and leave it in your checked bag by accident....security will take it and you wont get it back til the last night of the cruise...around 9pm or so. But yes...carry it in hand or in your carry on bag onto the ship and you can bring 1 bottle per adult and a 12 pack of soda.

Yep, very simple. Pack it and carry it on. Wouldn't recommend you hand that luggage over to the porter. They do get a little rough with those bags. They may ask you the contents when going thru security....and check to see if the bottles are sealed.....and then they may not. We have carried wine aboard before and wasn't asked anything about it. Simple isn't it....Almost too simple to believe. Helps to cut down on the bar tab. :D

How do you manage to bring on two bottles of wine per person? Would they not confiscate the second bottle? I'm very fussy as to what wines I drink and was hoping to get a second bottle in carry on. :)

with it/them in my carry-on.. I stack-pack 2 on top of each other, or 1 1500 ml btl.

good luck getting 2 bottles on per adult. Maybe try to ask someone outside of the port to help you out before you go through security:D In the ports we have been in they run all your bags through xray and know if their is liquid. They then pull your bag apart and check to see what the liquids are and confirm that you have one bottle per adult. We actually sat for 15 mins in Miami while they verified this at security...what a pain.

DO NOT leave it in the bags you give to the porter...you wont get the wine for your cruise, they will take it and hold it til the end of your cruise. They do this so that people cant get on multiple bottles of wine.

Archived