Just off the Dream! Any Questions?

My DW and I just got off the Western Aug 6-13 Dream cruise. It was a great cruise, with perfect weather and a perfect ship. If anyone has any questions, pleas feel free to ask.

I am really going to try and write a full review, however a few things I wanted to mention.

- We had the cove balcony 2341 which was great, we liked it so much, better than the balcony we had on the Victory.

- The food was great, even the buffet. The pasta bar is not to be missed. We did not do any of the specialty dinners (steakhouse, chefs table).

- The ports were good, not great. We enjoyed more the eastern/southern itinerary of the Victory. However we still had a great time.

- Lines at the buffets were almost not noticeable. We went at peak times for meals. For breakfast if you exit to the aft pool where the Tandoori is, there is the exact same breakfast items with no line up. Only difference is that the omelet station is inside, however you need to line up for that separately anyway. Pizza and late night snacks always had a line up later at night at around 11-1130. Little bit of tip for ice cream, go to your local bulk food store and buy some toppings to bring on the ship. MMMMMM

- Infamous smell, only smell we had was on the last night on the 2nd level for about 10 feet in the hallways.

- Embarkation/Debarkation. Wow, Port Canaveral has this down to an art. They both went flawlessly. Only thing was for debarkation, a lot of ppl were trying to debark before their zone was called. This slowed it way down at the beginning, but once Butch made an announcement to stop it, the process really picked up.

- We had Butch for the CD. He was great, very funny and very energetic.

- We flew down from Buffalo the day before and rented a car.

Im sure that there are lots of other things, just ask of you want to know.

Did you leave some fun behind for me and the family? We've got under two weeks to go!

Dont worry we left lots of fun, :) they had so many things to do we were busy everyday all day.

Going on the dream on Saturday August 20th 2011. Did they had a sailing away party? What floor the lido and empress deck is on?

Lido is on 10 and empress is on 7. I'm pretty sure they had a sail away party, we didn't go. I will have to check the fun times once I find them.

Thanks for posting! We're on the Dream's western itinerary in a couple weeks, and I'm ready. We also really enjoyed the Victory and the southern itinerary, and I'd do it all the time if it didn't involve flying to San Juan (DH just hates flying). But, we love the Dream and are looking forward to sailing her again.

Glad to hear you didn't feel like there were long lines and such, we didn't really encounter them either, last time.

Did anything strike you as your favorite thing about the ship?

Welcome home.

Having been on the Dream at this time last year (8/21) I am so happy you had a great time as I did. My only question would be why you didn't take me?? :D:p:cool:

Welcome home!

My DW and I just got off the Western Aug 6-13 Dream cruise. It was a great cruise, with perfect weather and a perfect ship. If anyone has any questions, pleas feel free to ask.

I am really going to try and write a full review, however a few things I wanted to mention.

- We had the cove balcony 2341 which was great, we liked it so much, better than the balcony we had on the Victory.

- The food was great, even the buffet. The pasta bar is not to be missed. We did not do any of the specialty dinners (steakhouse, chefs table).

- The ports were good, not great. We enjoyed more the eastern/southern itinerary of the Victory. However we still had a great time.

- Lines at the buffets were almost not noticeable. We went at peak times for meals. For breakfast if you exit to the aft pool where the Tandoori is, there is the exact same breakfast items with no line up. Only difference is that the omelet station is inside, however you need to line up for that separately anyway. Pizza and late night snacks always had a line up later at night at around 11-1130. Little bit of tip for ice cream, go to your local bulk food store and buy some toppings to bring on the ship. MMMMMM

- Infamous smell, only smell we had was on the last night on the 2nd level for about 10 feet in the hallways.

- Embarkation/Debarkation. Wow, Port Canaveral has this down to an art. They both went flawlessly. Only thing was for debarkation, a lot of ppl were trying to debark before their zone was called. This slowed it way down at the beginning, but once Butch made an announcement to stop it, the process really picked up.

What shows were there

Day 1 - Welcome Aboard Show

Day 2 - 8 More Seconds (Country show) My wife and I walked out' date=' didn't like it at all. However we dont like Country music.

Day 3 - Female singer impressionist Karen Grainger

Day 4 - Dancin in the Street

Day 5 - No Show, lido Deck party

Day 6 - Get Ready (Did not see this, but I think it was a soul music show)

Day 7 - Carnival Legends

Thanks for posting! We're on the Dream's western itinerary in a couple weeks, and I'm ready. We also really enjoyed the Victory and the southern itinerary, and I'd do it all the time if it didn't involve flying to San Juan (DH just hates flying). But, we love the Dream and are looking forward to sailing her again.

Glad to hear you didn't feel like there were long lines and such, we didn't really encounter them either, last time.

Did anything strike you as your favorite thing about the ship?

Welcome home.

HMMMM, I think the favorite was the cove balcony.

Hi!

What can you tell me about the band Cooper's Run at Ocean Plaza Lounge?

I know they do country....

Did they play any Rock/70's-80's or disco?

Thanks,

Mike

I did not see Coopers run, however I heard they were good.

Yes, they actually had a day of 70's and 80's with music throughout and a MJ tribute hour in the caliente lounge.

just off the 8/6 sailing too. had a balcony on deck 9.

thanks to all the previous posts regarding excursions for the ports.

We are on next weeks sailing. We also have a deck nine balcony. What was the noise level like?

Glad you had a good time. Surprised to hear that lines weren't bad. That seems to be a big complaint. We're sailing her in 6 weeks in a cove, Can't wait. We're sailing the eastern itinerary and I prefer those ports as well

We are on next weeks sailing. We also have a deck nine balcony. What was the noise level like?

The noise level on deck 2 was great, we had no noise at all from above or below. Also did not hear any "engine" sounds.

Welcome home!! What time did you board? So glad you had such a great time!

They started with Zone 1 at about 1050am. We were zone 5 and were on the ship by about 1115am.

Glad you had a good time. Surprised to hear that lines weren't bad. That seems to be a big complaint. We're sailing her in 6 weeks in a cove, Can't wait. We're sailing the eastern itinerary and I prefer those ports as well

Ya we were surprised too. People have to realize that there are 2 different buffet locations. I dont know if there were lines at the pasta bar during sea days as I forgot to check however the mongolian grill had HUGE lines all the time, the other lines were not any bigger than average.

A quick run down of what we did in each port. We were the only ship in all ports except Belize.

Cozumel - $8 cab to the Money Bar and went snorkelling. It was great, with lots of loungers and tables to sit and lie down. We were the only ship in port and we had the whole place to ourselves except for one other family.

Roatan - Victor Bodden island tour, we asked for Hanno. $40 pp for a driver for the whole day. We went to west bay, an iguana farm and he took us around the island. Hanno was great, and knowledgable.

Belize - Took the Carnival tour of the Xunantunich. The tour guides were great and talked the whole way to the ruins. The ruins themselves are very fascinating. However I would take a private tour next time as the carnival tour only takes you to a few of the ruins, including the tallest one. But they do not let you go on your own and it felt like we were not there long enough.

Costa Maya - We just hung around the port and shopped. Took advantage of the empty ship.

What is Money Bar? I just googled it. Why did you choose this place instead of Nachi Cocum, Paradise Beach ot any of the others? We are trying to find something for us in Cozumel in October so are looking into all possibilities. Thanks.

What is Money Bar? I just googled it. Why did you choose this place instead of Nachi Cocum, Paradise Beach ot any of the others? We are trying to find something for us in Cozumel in October so are looking into all possibilities. Thanks.

Other than cab fare, it's free. You can use their lounge chairs, change rooms, etc for free. They do have lockers at a charge ($4) and if you need equipment, they rent it out. There is also a restaurant as well. Plus there is great snorkeling.

Day 1 - Welcome Aboard Show

Day 2 - 8 More Seconds (Country show) My wife and I walked out, didn't like it at all. However we dont like Country music.

Day 3 - Female singer impressionist Karen Grainger

Day 4 - Dancin in the Street

Day 5 - No Show, lido Deck party

Day 6 - Get Ready (Did not see this, but I think it was a soul music show)

Day 7 - Carnival Legends

HMMMM, I think the favorite was the cove balcony.

I did not see Coopers run, however I heard they were good.

Yes, they actually had a day of 70's and 80's with music throughout and a MJ tribute hour in the caliente lounge.

We just booked a cove balcony. Can you tell me more? What did you like so much about it? How was the room itself? Pictures?

Thanks

We just booked a cove balcony. Can you tell me more? What did you like so much about it? How was the room itself? Pictures?

Thanks

We enjoyed that it was very private close to the bottom yet it was a balcony. The balcony was bigger than the normal balcony cabins above. The being only 2 levels above the ocean is amazing. The room itself is no different than the other cabins. Lots of space to put things, we even had room for more. I'm still going through the pictures, but will post them when I have them.

We enjoy the Money Bar. The last time we were there we lounged most of the day, and snorkeled a bit. I payed for one of their package deals which included a beach side massage. While it wasn't my therapeutic massage from back home it was definitly worth the money. I don't remember what we ate other than it was quite good. But the waiter that brought our drinks all day brought us a menu and asked where we wanted to eat. Hubby was worried about losing his primo lounging spot so the waiter brought our food out to us.

DH and I are looking at a couple of cruises on the Dream or maybe the Breeze, which I expect is the same layout. We have not been convinced about the Cove Balconies because we are concerned that when you look up, you will see the bottom of a life raft. DH loves astronomy and loves to sit on a balcony and look at the sky at night and the water during the day. We have read comments about the lack of privacy with regular balconies on the Dream due to the extended promenade deck and we are not sure just how high up we would have to go to avoid this issue and have the usual privacy we have had on the Liberty, etc. We aren't really aft balcony lovers. Any input?

Archived