What are the true perks of CC on S ships?

A while ago I asked what "Main and specialty restaurant seating preferences" really meant. And the responses were "not much". And many said they would not spend money on Concierge unless it was a price reduction. Since that post, DH and I have been wondering what other features of Concierge Class are true benefits and which ones are just hype.

(we also changed our name, since our previous name, Travel with kids, is also a travel information site and were receiving several e-mails asking questions. :eek:....go figure!)

So, from the list of Concierge Classs perks, which ones are truly limited to CC?

Features:

Early embarkation and debarkation

Priority check-in

Welcome sparkling wine, fresh fruit and flowers

Main and specialty restaurant seating preferences

Expanded room service breakfast menu

Evening hors d'oeuvres, daily

Pillow menu, Plush Frette® bathrobes

Hansgrohe® massaging showerhead

Extra handheld hair dryer

Celebrity tote bag

100% Egyptian cotton oversized bath towels

Complimentary shoeshine service, use of golf umbrella and high quality binoculars

Floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors

Sitting area with sofa

32" LCD TV

Vanity

Veranda with lounge seating

Thanks

A while ago I asked what "Main and specialty restaurant seating preferences" really meant. And the responses were "not much". And many said they would not spend money on Concierge unless it was a price reduction. Since that post, DH and I have been wondering what other features of Concierge Class are true benefits and which ones are just hype.

(we also changed our name, since our previous name, Travel with kids, is also a travel information site and were receiving several e-mails asking questions. :eek:....go figure!)

So, from the list of Concierge Classs perks, which ones are truly limited to CC?

Features:

Just an extra line, sometimes the lines for other groups are shorter. At some ports you will have a seperate waiting area and be allowed on ship in the following order, suites, AQ, Concierge, etc

Priority check-in

Just an extra line

It is what it is.

As mentioned earlier, most of us never saw any preference

A good benefit but available to many others on the ship

Mine were horrible but I understand you can ask for shrimp instead

Different type pillows, better bathrobes than in regular cabins

Various heads, nice unit but not something I would get a cabin for.

We only need one, I'm almost bald

Celebrity tote bag

Self explanatory

Better towels

Complimentary shoeshine service, use of golf umbrella and high quality binocularsNever heard of anyone actually getting a shoeshine, umbrella is nice to have, binoculars are okay, nothing great.

All the rest are self explanatory, on S class ships all the veranda are pretty much the same.

Sitting area with sofa

32" LCD TV

Vanity

Thanks

Hope this helps, I am not and have never been a fan of CC, if AQ prices are nearly the same, that is the real deal because of Blu.

Features:

Priority check-in

Celebrity tote bag

Complimentary shoeshine service, use of golf umbrella and high quality binoculars

Sitting area with sofa

32" LCD TV

Vanity

Thanks

Hi Living in Vacationland,

I myself have booked our first Celebrity Cruise in the CClass Category... and based solely on my research... NONE of the above "perks" are truly limited to CClass... it is just where some of "these perks" kick in. Above this in Aqua and the Suites... many will also be the norm.

In the classes below... Inside / Outside / Veranada... then the highlighted "red" ones don't exist... and the seating on CClass Veranda is upgraded as well.

The other stuff... (in "black") exist in all Classes on the ship.

Based on my EXTENSIVE Research before I booked our CClass Stateroom... I found that ALL Cruisers seem to have an opinion on whether the "perks" in CClass are worth the money... it is like everything else in life a personal choice. And there were conflicting info on whether some of the "perks" were infact true or hype... seemed to depend on which ship, which cruise, which crew etc (such as the Restaurant Seating Preferences)

Priority Check-In etc... in this case, as I understand it is kind of like a Hotel... there is indeed a Priority Check-In Counter... BUT if there are a lot of Cruisers who qualify... then that line could be the longest... in which case it just makes sense to go to another line.

And likewise, if the other lines are long, and no people waiting for Priority Check-In then an Attendant may wave other passengers over to the line marked Priority Check-In.

Based on what I've read here on Cruise Critic... most Cruisers seem to agree that the big step up in class happens at Aqua and being able to use Blu instead of the Main Dining Room... and having some access to the Spa area & Services (like the Persian Garden) that others have to pay extra for.

Mr Sloop and I wanted something nice for our first ever cruise... we were looking at a small suite on another line (1.5x the floorspace of Celebrity)... BUT after reading we were most impressed with Celebrity's overall philosophy... it offered more of what our mindset was... including meeting our interest in food & wine... and seeming to cater more to couples (rather than young families and young adults... we read too many stories about party ships!!). So giving up the suite was a non-brainer... even though it meant we had to pay more for a Celebrity Veranda Cabin (by a couple 100 Dollars each)... then just before I booked I found the CClass Cabin for just $ 47 more for the week over the Veranda Cabin (was $ 20 x 2 PLUS and extra $ 1 a day in Gratuities)... with the nice list of extras, and the chance to snag a bigger hump balcony... it was an easy choice.

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

Hope this helps, I am not and have never been a fan of CC, if AQ prices are nearly the same, that is the real deal because of Blu.

All of the CC perks are also available to AQ. It does not make any sense why anyone would prefer CC to AQ if the price was the same.

I was in an Aqua Class cabin last year on Solstice. The main advantages for me at that time were Blu and the ottoman/footstool on the balcony....lol...I like to recline and read, read, read. However this year I have booked a CC on Eclipse instead of Aqua, mainly because although Blu food was good, I cruise alone and the table situation for a single is not ideal in Blu. I ended up using it only three nights of seven and usually sat next to couples in two top tables. This year I decided to choose a large table in the main dining room, so didn't need aqua, so I booked CC pretty much just for the balcony stool....Again, LOL

Features:

Just an extra line, sometimes the lines for other groups are shorter. At some ports you will have a seperate waiting area and be allowed on ship in the following order, suites, AQ, Concierge, etc

Priority check-in

Just an extra line

It is what it is.

As mentioned earlier, most of us never saw any preference

A good benefit but available to many others on the ship

Mine were horrible but I understand you can ask for shrimp instead

Different type pillows, better bathrobes than in regular cabins

Various heads, nice unit but not something I would get a cabin for.

We only need one, I'm almost bald

Celebrity tote bag

Self explanatory

Better towels

Complimentary shoeshine service, use of golf umbrella and high quality binocularsNever heard of anyone actually getting a shoeshine, umbrella is nice to have, binoculars are okay, nothing great.

All the rest are self explanatory, on S class ships all the veranda are pretty much the same.

Sitting area with sofa

•32" LCD TV

•Vanity

•Veranda with lounge seating

Thanks

Having traveled in both c/c and standard veranda, I would agree with Don completely (including I am not a big fan), with some additional comment.

Some (out of cabin) "perks" are available to members of the Captain's club, such as priority embarkation, tenders, etc. While some of the in-cabin "perks" are nice, IMO, they are not enough to encourage me to upgrade in most cases. However, occasionally, "special" prices are run that bring the cost of a c/c down to (and in some cases below) the price of a standard veranda. In that case, I would probably opt for the concierge class. On the "S" class a standard veranda suits my needs.

Having never tried AQ, so can't comment.

If you are trying to earn enough credits to make Elite status, booking a CC cabin gives you one more credit towards that goal.

Edit: Oops, SoonerA4pilot already mentioned the extra credit! Oh well, consider my post just a reminder :D

I would have to agree with what others have said, especially the bit about booking AQ in place of CC. Blu is more than worth it, also the PG are really nice if its free of charge.

The only reason we booked CC for our next trip is to "buy" our way to our last Elite credit. That and our company is in an inside so he would not be alowed in blu had we booked AQ.

All of the CC perks are also available to AQ. It does not make any sense why anyone would prefer CC to AQ if the price was the same.

Because you may have to book a 'noisy' cabin under the pool deck. Celebrity did a great job of upgrading harder to sell cabins by giving them special perks.

Because you may have to book a 'noisy' cabin under the pool deck. Celebrity did a great job of upgrading harder to sell cabins by giving them special perks.

Yes, I noticed that too. Perhaps they will divide AQ into 'AQ1' and 'AQ2' in the future? The aft AQ cabins are below other cabins on deck 12. The downside is you are much further from the spa and relaxation lounge, so maybe not....

The relaxation room is like many of those CC perks, really not too impressive but it looks good on paper. It is only a waiting room for those with spa appointments that may be used by those in AQ. It consists of large loungers looking out over picture windows at the ocean. By the way, usually they don't even ask if you are in AQ, so anyone can pretty much use this "perk."

The relaxation room is like many of those CC perks, really not too impressive but it looks good on paper. It is only a waiting room for those with spa appointments that may be used by those in AQ. It consists of large loungers looking out over picture windows at the ocean. By the way, usually they don't even ask if you are in AQ, so anyone can pretty much use this "perk."

Thanks for that tip. I'm booked in CC on the Silhoutte, and wondered about trying that lounge. Looks like it could be a good spot for scenic cruising as an alternate to the very popular Sky Observation Lounge two decks above....

Thanks for that tip. I'm booked in CC on the Silhoutte, and wondered about trying that lounge. Looks like it could be a good spot for scenic cruising as an alternate to the very popular Sky Observation Lounge two decks above....

Don't get me wrong, it is a very nice spot on the ship and is a good alternative to the Sky Lounge. It is not that big and can get busy during a sea day when everyone has their spa appointments. I'm an early riser so it was nice for me...I only wanted to point out that IMHO it is not a huge perk especially since they didn't enforce who is supposed to use it...

Archived