Miami to Ft Lauderdale Shuttle

Morebeer

surprised to find so far flights from Phoenix to Miami have looked cheaper then into Ft Lauderdale. Any ideas of shuttles available from the Miami airport to Ft Lauderdale replies appreciated. Took SAS Transportation from Ft Lauderdale to Port of Miami two years ago but believe I've read SAS license doesn't allow him to pick up from the Miami airport going towards Ft Lauderdale. Thank You.

From MIA to the FLL area a rental car is your cheapest option.

A taxi will run close to $100, depending upon which hotel :eek:, and SuperShuttle typically charges about $40 per passenger.

Larry's limos has been suggested for MIA service - he will be close to $85, again depending upon your hotel.

A final option is to stay near MIA at an airport hotel and use the cruise line transfers the next day to go straight from MIA to PE.

Good luck! :)

Thanks John for the reply. Will look into the rental car option. Do you know if there's a drop off charge renting the car in Miami and dropping off in Ft Lauderdale. Thanks again.

I booked a minivan from Thrifty for my return from POM to FLL and yes, there is a drop off charge. A $52 day rate ends up costing me $96 for 5 hr rental. We are 5 people and the minivan is better for us but obviously, the smaller cars are cheaper. Check the internet for some discount codes. They are out there.

Thanks John for the reply. Will look into the rental car option. Do you know if there's a drop off charge renting the car in Miami and dropping off in Ft Lauderdale. Thanks again.

Usually no drop charge with most (but not all :() rental companies in FLA, but they sometimes make up for that by upping the rate. Compare rates from lots of campanies at your favorite travel web site - I like www.Kayak.com & www.carrentals.com

Good luck! :)

On the same topic and not particularly wanting to rent a car for my DD and myself, someone suggested a train from MIA to FLL and then taxiing to a Fort Lauderdale area hotel. Has anyone done this and can tell me how feasible it is. Many thanks

Terry

There is a commuter TRI-Rail operation - you'd need to catch a shuttle from MIA to the train which is not set up for folks with lots of bags; the ride takes an hour+ and then another shuttle to FLL. If you have all day and are focussed on saving a few dollar$ it is an option.

Archived