Enchantment of the Seas condition

I am looking to book a cruise to Bermuda for June 2012 on the RCC Enchantment of the Seas. I heard from my TA that the condition of the ship was questionable the last she heard (Paint, Furniture condition, Etc.) She told me that she was going to do some further checking but I thought I could get some answers here on the board.

So how is the ships condition???

My DH and I just cruised on the Enchantment (7/28/11- 8/06/11)....it was wonderful....We found the ship very comfortable and clean. We like the older smaller ships...the crew is outstanding and love the EOS as much as we do...

• 3 weeks later...

My DH and I cruised on the Enchantment in April, 2011, and had a terrific time. If the ship was not in "pristine" condition, I never noticed, and it never interfered with the fun and merriment on the ship. I guess this all depends on you. I love sailing out of Baltimore- living in southern PA, this is the closest port. I met friendly passengers, and staff. Food was very good- was it 4 Star? I don't know- only ate once in a 4 Star restaurant and I don't remember what I ate. It will be what you make of the cruise. Me- I'm sailing again in November to Bermuda on the Enchantment, and looking forward to seeing some of the same staff! Have a fun cruise- or a perfect cruise. I'll take fun!

We sailed the Enchantment out of Baltimore Aug 2010, Aug 2011 and are booked on it again for Aug 2012. It's a perfectly fine ship, I didn't notice any rough spots, but I don't go looking for them either.

I love the ease of sailing out of Baltimore. We stay at a 'park and cruise' hotel the night before and get shuttled to and from the ship. Even if it means repeating an itinerary I will most likely sail her again in 2013 unless RCCL brings another ship to this area.

Sailing out of Bayonne is just as far a drive for us and those cruises always run about $1,000 more for the same category cabin.

I would agree that viewing RADIO's recent "live from" thread will provide many pictures of Enchantment.

I love the port of Baltimore, and Enchantment is an awesome experience. It depends on what you're looking for in a cruise experience.

i had my honeymoon on her back in october 04. it was my first cruise but i'm a ship buff and loved every minute. she was in decent shape but many areas were showing wear and tear. this was right before her stretch so i'm sure they fixed her up nice.

We sailed the Enchantment out of Baltimore Aug 2010, Aug 2011 and are booked on it again for Aug 2012. It's a perfectly fine ship, I didn't notice any rough spots, but I don't go looking for them either...

Regardless of the age of the ship you will see wear and tear. In February we were on Nieuw Amsterdam (HAL), the ship was probably 7 or 8 months old at that time and if you looked hard you could see an occasional ding or dent someplace.

If someone boards a ship looking for the signs of wear and tear or age, they'll find them regardless of how old or new the ship is!

We just got off the Enchantment in Aug. It was our 4th cruise on the Enchantment. We had a great time,the crew is wonderful, probably the most friendly bunch on RC. Is there some wear and tear---sure, all ships have it. If you enjoy the smaller, older ships, this is a great one.

We sailed on her last June, the first time since our first cruise on her just after she was stretched. How I wish the Baltimore port could handle larger ships. How easy it is to get on and off at Baltimore. We like a larger ship and she does show more wear than I like to see. Unless the Enchantment has a major cosmetic redo we won't sail on her again.

We sailed on Enchantment in April 2011. Third time on the ship. We love her. Especially the Cruise Director and staff. The ship is comfortably worn. I love the familiarity after several cruises on her. We were happily going to go out on her again next Spring on a 12 nighter but it would have required me to take two weeks vacation. (I get three weeks but it would have left alot of the year to go.

We switched to a nine nighter (one full week and two personal days)on Explorer in April but have some minor pangs of regret for not doing Enchantment again.

Only drawback is the healthclub. It cannot compare to the gym on the Explorer with its' gigantic whirlpool and steam rooms and amount of equipment. But the facilities on Enchantment are certainly adequate.

I just got off the Enchantment this morning and I have to say I was truly impressed by the condition of this ship. The only area where I felt she was showing a little age was the pool deck area but it was minor (a little rust showing here or there). Overall I felt this was a beautiful ship.

We sailed on the Enchantment just last week - 8/25 thru 9/3. I can honestly say we found no issue with the condition of the ship.

OK, one of the cabinets in our cabinet had a loose hinge; a small paint spot had peeled in the pool. Nothing that would ever spoil a vacation, and too few things to say the ship was in poor condition.

In fact, it was clean and well kept, and I often encountered maintenance workers cleaning and polishing. The Windjammer looks to have been updated, and the lounges were all comfy. A lovely ship, really. And the crew was great!!

Christine

We sailed on the Enchantment just last week - 8/25 thru 9/3. I can honestly say we found no issue with the condition of the ship.

OK, one of the cabinets in our cabinet had a loose hinge; a small paint spot had peeled in the pool. Nothing that would ever spoil a vacation, and too few things to say the ship was in poor condition.

In fact, it was clean and well kept, and I often encountered maintenance workers cleaning and polishing. The Windjammer looks to have been updated, and the lounges were all comfy. A lovely ship, really. And the crew was great!!

Christine

Thanks, Christine. We must have posted simultaneously. I just read many not-so-pleasant reviews on another site. We were not pleased with the Grandeur, so I'm curious. ;)

Is Enchantment scheduled for a drydock to update the interior any time in the near future?

They announced during Captain's Corner that she will be in dry dock in November 2013.

I think the shop was mostly beautiful. A few spots by the pools looked worn, but she is kept up very well. I was very pleased since I have read the numerous threads asking this question and was waiting to see for myself. I was not disappointed.

Archived