Requesting table size

How do we request a table size? The Celebrity website does not give you that option. Didn't it use to?

We like to sit at a table with 6 to 8. Not a fan of 4 or larger groups. While a table of two would be nice, we like to meet people (we are with each other all day....we already know what we want about each other :rolleyes:).

I'm not sure if it used to or not, but in the "my reservations" part of Celebrity's website it lists an option for dining and table size.

Our Travel Agent knows from our past bookings that we like a large table (more people to meet = more chances of liking some of them) at the later time (long days in port).

Check with either Celebrity, if you booked directly, or with your Travel Agent (TA) with whom you booked. Of course, there is Select Dining to add to the mix. It allows you to dine in the main dining room at any time during the evening's opening. You must, however, pre-pay your "tips" before sailing. Only makes sense, considering you'll probably have several different waiters/asst. waiters with this option.

Wish all the questions were this simple!

I noticed the exact same thing as the OP. I recently booked my first ever Celebrity cruise and did it through their website. On previous bookings with other lines - mostly through online TAs but sometimes through the cruiseline directly - I would be asked about the table size preference for dining. On the Celebrity site I was able to select the traditional 8:30 late seating but there was no place to state any preference for table size.

This isn't the end of the world and I am sure things will work out fine in the end but it was a quirk that I noticed while booking and I am glad to see that someone else questioned it as well.

In the end I am just happy to be planning another cruise.

David

I'm not sure if it used to or not, but in the "my reservations" part of Celebrity's website it lists an option for dining and table size.

Wish all the questions were this simple!

Must be going blind but I see no option to request tablesize on the website.

Called Celebrity and the agent suposetly entered the request. We will check back as soon as we board the ship.

How do we request a table size? The Celebrity website does not give you that option. Didn't it use to?

We like to sit at a table with 6 to 8. Not a fan of 4 or larger groups. While a table of two would be nice, we like to meet people (we are with each other all day....we already know what we want about each other :rolleyes:).

This has never been one of Celebrity's strong points. In fact, we've requested a table for two 16 times and had never been assigned this type table, until our last cruise. Of course, we were able to always switch to a table for two, but it required that we show up at the Asst' Maitre d' table the first day and make a request for the change.

Rick-Cruiser gave me this number and we called it before our last cruise on the Summit. For the first time, we were assigned a table for two BEFORE boarding the ship:

1-800-242-6374 Ext 3 (Thanks Rick!!)

Enjoy!

Kel:)

This has never been one of Celebrity's strong points. In fact, we've requested a table for two 16 times and had never been assigned this type table, until our last cruise. Of course, we were able to always switch to a table for two, but it required that we show up at the Asst' Maitre d' table the first day and make a request for the change.

We've had the same experience on both RCCL and Celebrity. We always request a table for two and are usually asssigned to the largest table in the MDR:)

I went to book a cruise directly with Celebrity for a family group. Cabins were selected easily, dining time and table size were not. The agent said that we could fix the problem when we were on board. NO way. I insisted that the family be seated together in the early seating. The cruise line wanted to split up the family...two people at the early time and the rest at the late. I refused to make the booking until the whole group had the same table and it was in writing. It took many many phone calls until I got what I wanted. Always get your problem settled prior to booking. After you book, you may be ignored. Also, always check with the cruiseline to make certain that any 3rd party agent makes the booking as you requested. Years ago, I made a booking with a specific cabin. When the final payment was due, I noticed an different cabin on the invoice. When I questioned Celebrity, I was told that the 3rd party agency had held my deposit for months. I was assigned the same category but in an unacceptable location. I cancelled that cruise after booking more than a year in advance. Also, I found out that my mistake was giving the TA a check rather than a credit card. Now regardless of my way of booking, I always call the cruiseline and check the booking, deposit, cabin no., and all other arrangements. I've been burned and now I am very careful.

ok..well, now I do not feel like I am going nuts :rolleyes:. I could not find it on Celebrity's website. It is odd that Celebrity would advertise on their website to make your seating plans for dinner and not have more then seating time as an option. I do remember for our first Celebrity cruise requesting a table size, but maybe we did not book through Celebrity. I do not remember. But, if an outside agent can take and request that information, then one would think that Celebrity itself could handle the same request. However, I will call to request the table size.

Thanks for the replies.

Archived