Help! Going from Allure to ???

Hello! My husband and I spent an amazing week on the Allure ( our first cruise). I am looking at a fun girls getaway and was thinking about the 3-4 day cruise with Majesty. Will I be incredibly disappointed since I started on the biggest/newest ship? Is there any other options for shorter cruises but not the smallest ships?

Thanks for your help!

Kelli

Hello! My husband and I spent an amazing week on the Allure ( our first cruise). I am looking at a fun girls getaway and was thinking about the 3-4 day cruise with Majesty. Will I be incredibly disappointed since I started on the biggest/newest ship? Is there any other options for shorter cruises but not the smallest ships?

Thanks for your help!

Kelli

Go to Royal Caribbean's website.

Depending on the month, there are 4 and 5 night cruises on the Liberty and the Jewel. Enchantment and Explorer both have 5 night cruises to Bermuda in their rotation.

Kelli, I echo Merion Mom. Please note that I'm in the same boat...(ok, early morning pun!). My first cruise was also on the Allure. I enjoyed it so much that we were back home less than 3 weeks before we booked another trip. We chose the Jewel - based on reviews and port (we live in Tampa, so it's a 15 minute trip to the port) and can't wait!

Whatever you choose, happy cruising!!!! :-)

- Lisa

Thanks for your help!

Kelli

Where do you live? Your choice may depend on that. If you live in the northeast you could go out of Baltimore or New Jersey. If you live in the southeast, you could go out of Florida. Look at the port cities.

We went from the Oasis to the Radiance to the Allure and now back to the Jewel. It's a bit different but aside from the interior promenade and scale, it's still RCCL. So after the first day, we are in the cruising mode and don't really miss what we don't have.

Thanks for your help!

Kelli

Probably not, if you go into it with the right attitude and make it about you and your friends. We have enjoyed Majesty twice and have had fun relaxing on Coco Cay and walking around Key West.

I think a lot of it depends on what activities you are looking for, and whether you are going more for the ports or the ship. You will have fun on the Majesty (you are on a cruise, after all!), but I echo most of the others here and would check out the Liberty, Jewel, etc. if the timing works for you.

cuz you will be so busy and doing stuff with your friends the whole time. On a side note, Im going on Allure for the 1st time in Oct. Ive been on the other ships and people always ask the same questions about size and amenities and such. My take on it is... sure the bigger ships have an ice skaing rink, a flow rider...etc, but if you dont use them, will you really miss it?? I dont... I like all the ships. Ive heard people say..." yeah but it doesnt have a flowrider or ice skating, but I asked them... did you do those things, and they said no, so i asked then whyu do you care if the ship doesnt have it on?? I guess its all a matter of preference, but... I say go for a 4 night on Majesty. Nassau, Coco Cay and Key West.....

cuz you will be so busy and doing stuff with your friends the whole time. On a side note, Im going on Allure for the 1st time in Oct. Ive been on the other ships and people always ask the same questions about size and amenities and such. My take on it is... sure the bigger ships have an ice skaing rink, a flow rider...etc, but if you dont use them, will you really miss it?? I dont... I like all the ships. Ive heard people say..." yeah but it doesnt have a flowrider or ice skating, but I asked them... did you do those things, and they said no, so i asked then whyu do you care if the ship doesnt have it on?? I guess its all a matter of preference, but... I say go for a 4 night on Majesty. Nassau, Coco Cay and Key West.....

While I fully agree with Golfer.... I Do use those things and have enjoyed all size ships. Each has their own set of characteristics and amenities... But each will also have its unique feel. You should try the smaller ships as they offer a completely different cruise experience. You will get to know a higher percentage of the passengers and may make some really close friends. Either way, enjoy your cruise for what it offers and don't concern yourself for what it lacks.

RA

My first cruise was also the biggest and the best (at the time) and within 6 weeks booked the Grandeur for my second. Yes I do think at one time I said the Grandeur could fit inside the promenade of the Oasis but still had a great time and the $$ was right for a week of relaxation away from work :)

Its all good!

Make it your goal to experience every class of RCI ship!

The Majesty/Monarch were once state of the art masterpieces...Cutting edge for their time...20 years later....Still great Ships! 3 or 4 day trips with friends on these ships are fantastic............Longer than 4 days I would do another ship. But these older ships are great for short party trips and very comfortable.

Archived