midnight buffet????

babymomma1

do they still have the midnight buffet on the carnival ships? what night? i guess the chocolate buffet is now during the day now? i wondered why they switched it? we went to one at midnight a llllooonnngggg time ago.

guess people were too pooped out to eat chocolate,,,,, geez how is that possible.:D

The "Late Night Bistro" is open nightly at approximately 11:30 pm in the Lido buffet area.

The Mexican deck party will be one evening.

The grand Gala Midnight Buffets of days gone by, with their ice and fruit sculptures and braided breads, are no more.

do they still have the midnight buffet on the carnival ships? what night? i guess the chocolate buffet is now during the day now? i wondered why they switched it? we went to one at midnight a llllooonnngggg time ago.

guess people were too pooped out to eat chocolate,,,,, geez how is that possible.:D

gala buffet - gone

midnight buffet - converted to grill food and fruit.

1:30 late late buffet - gone.

done with us in mind. :rolleyes:

Iv seen the mexican buffet and maybe its because I live in Texas, but I thought that was the worst mexican Id ever eaten. terrible. No wonder no one was eating it.

The only time I got sick from food, was when I ate at the Mexican Buffet.

It is always crowded on the MR cruises.

Yes, there's midnight buffets. I don't know if other lines still have the GRAND BUFFET or not, but they were a sight to behold. But as much as I loved them, and took all those preview pictures, there was so much time putting it together and so much waste.

Yes, there's midnight buffets. I don't know if other lines still have the GRAND BUFFET or not, but they were a sight to behold. But as much as I loved them, and took all those preview pictures, there was so much time putting it together and so much waste.

waste? there'd be little left when we'd come through.

OMGosh...I think the Grand Buffet was before we started cruising :( so would you indulge me and kind of describe what the Grand Buffet was like....pretty please?

The last Carnival cruise we were on there was food out mainly grill and pizza around 11pm and there were luscious desserts...yummy luscious desserts :D

OMGosh...I think the Grand Buffet was before we started cruising :( so would you indulge me and kind of describe what the Grand Buffet was like....pretty please?

The last Carnival cruise we were on there was food out mainly grill and pizza around 11pm and there were luscious desserts...yummy luscious desserts :D

Correction...I only remember cookies and brownies out at 11pm The luscious desserts were out much earlier.

The Grand Buffet was this MASSIVE food display what would take place in one of the main dining rooms. People would line up an hour before and at midnight you would walk thorugh the buffet and take pictures...you couldn't eat (if I remember correctly) until everyone walked through and saw the display and then the line would walk through again...this time to eat..

There was food carved into all sorts of things. For example a watermellon may have been carved to say "Welcome" There was more food decorations than I have ever seen. Everything was edible. And there was beautiful ice sculptures.... It was truly amazing and very beautiful....but it was also very wasteful.

We would go and take pictures...then get some food....but more food was wasted than eaten.

I am sure you will be able to search and find some pictures on this site.

Iv seen the mexican buffet and maybe its because I live in Texas, but I thought that was the worst mexican Id ever eaten. terrible. No wonder no one was eating it.

I could live on Mexican food....and I have to agree...the Mex buffet needs improvement :eek: :(

I like all their other food though :D

The Grand buffet I remember most was on Celebrity, around midnight. Chocolate carved into sculptures, fruit carved into bouquets, watermelons with 3 D faces, specialty cakes, ice sculptures, totem poles and more. Everything was edible no matter what it turned out to be. If I dug out my old pictures, the list would go on. I remember that one first as we were in unexpected rough water. I waddled down to the dining room, held onto a pole to stabilize myself while taking pictures, Got the last pictures of the ice sculptures before they toppled over, along with anything that was round. Even in rough water, the place was FULL. It's that memorable. Also went to one on Lido type deck on another line.

I just went into the archives here and found a few pictures, only a teaser though. I don't know how to post a link. At the top of CC's page is the word SEARCH, I printed in Grand Buffets. Then it has a list, I found pics on the 2nd entry. And it came up in print, but there's a line that says FULL VERSION. Punch that, the pics came up.

The Grand buffet I remember most was on Celebrity, around midnight. Chocolate carved into sculptures, fruit carved into bouquets, watermelons with 3 D faces, specialty cakes, ice sculptures, totem poles and more. Everything was edible no matter what it turned out to be. If I dug out my old pictures, the list would go on. I remember that one first as we were in unexpected rough water. I waddled down to the dining room, held onto a pole to stabilize myself while taking pictures, Got the last pictures of the ice sculptures before they toppled over, along with anything that was round. Even in rough water, the place was FULL. It's that memorable. Also went to one on Lido type deck on another line.

Boy oh boy am I going to look dumb! I guess I did go to the Grand Buffet on the Miracle. They did this massive display of carved fruits and chocolate not only on the Lido deck but also they had a smaller display in the atrium and buffet area. I do have pictures of it but then when we sailed on the Glory they did not have it. All they had was a piece of carved fruit here and there in the buffet area and they did a Mexican thing. Oh, I am so glad that I was able to witness and take part in probably one of the last Grand Buffets. It is sad they are no longer doing it. My husband and I only took what we would finish on our plates but we did see so many take massive amounts and then leave it for the garbage. Guess Carnival felt the waste was not worth the effort and I kind of don't blame them.

Archived