Considering the Constellation....C1

islandgirlejfan

While I'm not very happy I can't find a seven day Western Caribbean cruise on Celebrity, I'm considering booking the hubby and I on the five night for January 2013 on the Constellation and specifically one of the C1 aft staterooms. Is the aft balcony one of the large ones on this ship? Anyone have any pros or cons about the aft stateroom, ship or itinerary?

While I'm not very happy I can't find a seven day Western Caribbean cruise on Celebrity, I'm considering booking the hubby and I on the five night for January 2013 on the Constellation and specifically one of the C1 aft staterooms. Is the aft balcony one of the large ones on this ship? Anyone have any pros or cons about the aft stateroom, ship or itinerary?

The only larger balconies are the penthouse and the corner FOVs. The larger suites have somewhat comparable size balconies. However, don't be "considering" too long. The C1s go fast!

All C1s on decks 7, 8 and 9 are afts. All have the huge balconies. All are much sought-after staterooms. There are four C1 cabins on deck 6 (two on the starboard and two on the port side). While these balconies are not as huge as the aft C1s on 7, 8 and 9, they are still much larger than the C2 and C3 categories.

You will love the C1 aft cabins. The balcony is huge, two lounge chairs and a table that seats four. The best part is you can hear the guitar player from the bar up above you each night on your balcony. So grab a fine bottle of wine and enjoy great music and the best view on the ship. You will not be disappointed :)

Aft, aft, aft on any M ship is our favorite if you can get one. It's so peaceful there and watching the wake of the ship is wonderful. We did hear the guitar player during pre-dinner times and it was so relaxing.

We love deck 8 but also have been on deck 7 and it was perfect. Been on 9 too but would much prefer 8 or 7.

Hope you can hook one.

Pat

We have had 7203 on both the Connie and the Millie. We have also had Skysuites on both ships. We think that the aft C1's are in many respects better than the suites with the possible exception of the two big suites on Deck 6.

The verandas on the aft Deck 7 cabins are huge. In 7203 the veranda was divided into three areas. The area closest to the cabin had a steel ceiling. The next one-third had a canvas overhead while the aft most one-third was completely open. This proved to be a great layout when the ship moved through rain showers.

On our veranda we had two full chaise lounges, a table for four with chairs, two other chairs with a small table between them and all of this fit in the first third of the deck. Incidentally, we had plenty of room to hang our SCUBA gear up to dry.

So book the aft C1. You won't regret it.

:D:D:D

The C1 cabins are the same as the C2's and C3's with the exceptions of 6143 and 6144 which are slightly wider (10"). Depending on itinerary and what activities you are into, a five night cruise in a C1 might be overpriced for time you might spend on the veranda. And I love the C1 veranda having been on the Infinity for 4 weeks earlier this year. Long cruise, no better way to go unless RS or higher (unless it were to be a corner FV).

Thanks so much for all of the input! :) I really love when people notice the little things and add them to a posting....peaceful, wine, guitar, the layout and size all reminded me that we need to go back to the aft! :) We are booked in an AQ on the Eclipse and have a hump balcony after so many aft bums here expressed they were not as happy with the S-Class aft in the Caribbean due to the heat. That pushed me to give the AQ a try, especially since it was less than the C1 at the time. The only bummer part is we haven't taken our first cruise on Celebrity....it's coming fast, but it's still a little over 3 months away. I was hoping to have that out of the way. I think our only other regret is that it's only 5 days long....or course there IS booking a B2B! ;)

While I'm not very happy I can't find a seven day Western Caribbean cruise on Celebrity,...

The Silhouette is doing 7 day western Caribbean sailings every other week in 2013 Caribbean season from Ft. Lauderdale with eastern Caribbean itineraries in the intervening weeks.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/search/searchResultsVacationItinerary.do?packageCode=SI07W086&backPageName=Itinerary+Search+Result&sailDate=1130113#isWidget=false&dest=CARIB&sailStartDate=201300&sailEndDate=201302&ship=ANY&port=ANY&duration=2&includeAdjascentPorts=Y&promoid=&promoType=&promotionTypeId=&priceProgram=&sortBy=4&startRow=0&count=10&cruiseType=CO&cruiseInt=Y&isCrieriaExcluded=false

Must have been a glitch when I was looking yesterday....it didn't come up in my search. I have to admit though, the Constellation is sounding really good!

Must have been a glitch when I was looking yesterday....it didn't come up in my search. I have to admit though, the Constellation is sounding really good!

The Constellation is a great ship. But personally, if you can do either I'd go for the longer cruise. 7 days is a lot longer than 5!

Personally, we try to do 10 or more.

Archived